Is anybody else worried?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brown Nose

So the majority are not worried.

Others are holding it in until the 10th game of the season.

And some worry more about crossing the road and the recession.

Good feedback.

Worried is a strong word as mentioned by others. Younger fans will tend to feel emotions about the City more than those with longer service. This will be my 35th season of regular attendance at matches and it's all becoming a bit of a blur. As time passes, each season seems to become less important.

All this doesn't prevent me from being an opinionated tosser though.

In football terms, I think we're in for a truly miserable campaign. 40-1 for relegation is a much better bet than 14-1 on winning the league. I think NP is the only person who is grateful for FFP as it's why he's still got a job and it is his excuse-in-waiting after defeats. I predict that he trots this out for the first time in less than 48 hours. He's single-handedly returning us to tedious mediocrity and I can't abide the fool. I'm also coming round to the opinion that our owners are idiots and our players pampered, gutless, no-marks.

Let the season commence.

Matt_B

Worried is a strong word as mentioned by others. Younger fans will tend to feel emotions about the City more than those with longer service. This will be my 35th season of regular attendance at matches and it's all becoming a bit of a blur. As time passes, each season seems to become less important.

All this doesn't prevent me from being an opinionated tosser though.

In football terms, I think we're in for a truly miserable campaign. 40-1 for relegation is a much better bet than 14-1 on winning the league. I think NP is the only person who is grateful for FFP as it's why he's still got a job and it is his excuse-in-waiting after defeats. I predict that he trots this out for the first time in less than 48 hours. He's single-handedly returning us to tedious mediocrity and I can't abide the fool. I'm also coming round to the opinion that our owners are idiots and our players pampered, gutless, no-marks.

Let the season commence.

Wait, you don't like Pearson? Why is this only coming up now?!

tedfoxxx

I'm not worried about the season, I feel rather like Pork Pie Fox actually. I'm not sure whether its a case of me feeling apathetic due to a quiet close season and very little footy in general (apart from the Confed Cup, which was great) or me feeling a little more perspective and trying just to enjoy all aspects of football rather than allowing myself to be consumed by Leicester City.

One huge bonus going into this season, is sticking with the same manager. I'm not saying this to bait those who don't like Pearson, I understand his shortcomings as a coach and tactician. But how will he ever improve unless he has time? I think the same squad of players, with the same coaches will breed familiarity, confidence and friendships. Of course it could just lead to complacency and the same mistakes............

Last edited:

Hazzman

I'm not worried about the season, I feel rather like Pork Pie Fox actually. I'm not sure whether its a case of me feeling apathetic due to a quiet close season and very little footy in general (apart from the Confed Cup, which was great) or me feeling a little more perspective and trying just to enjoy all aspects of football rather than allowing myself to be consumed by Leicester City.

I'm much similar to this. Over the summer, I've had my Grandad die. One of my girlfriends friends at 20 years of age died. Also near on certain I'll be having a change of work place too. Possibly redunancy. The knock-on is a change of work place will likely be a change of city for work and eventually home.

Oddly it's made me a lot calmer about things. A lot more care-free. The part I'm looking forward tomorrow is meeting my mates and having a laugh.

Last edited:

RHYDAL

How ever worried any of you get, I bet you're not as worried as Cov fans this morning.

pork pie fox

How ever worried any of you get, I bet you're not as worried as Cov fans this morning.

Isn't that just a sham after they somehow split the business? Is it not just the part that they're trying to tie to the ground lease? Maybe I'm missing something and am wrong though?

RHYDAL

Isn't that just a sham after they somehow split the business? Is it not just the part that they're trying to tie to the ground lease? Maybe I'm missing something and am wrong though?
My understanding is that this means they drop out of the League. I may be wrong too.

Calderfox

Let the season commence.

yeah, pearson's definitely a fool, in the three full seasons he's managed us he's only managed one title win and two play-off finishes. no way does he deserve another chance. we should get martin allen or rob kelly back in, if we can't get wenger or fergie.

i honestly can't really remember pearson making excuses for poor results/performances, it's one of the things i like about him, in contrast to tossers like holloway where you get nothing but. FFP isn't an excuse for not spending money, it's the reason we haven't spent money. pearson didn't sign the players on mega-wages that are holding us back.

pearson's the only manager who hasn't given us tedious mediocrity (or worse) over the last ten years, yet you'd presumably get rid of him for.....who?

Real Sharapova

yeah, pearson's definitely a fool, in the three full seasons he's managed us he's only managed one title win and two play-off finishes. no way does he deserve another chance. we should get martin allen or rob kelly back in, if we can't get wenger or fergie.

i honestly can't really remember pearson making excuses for poor results/performances, it's one of the things i like about him, in contrast to tossers like holloway where you get nothing but. FFP isn't an excuse for not spending money, it's the reason we haven't spent money. pearson didn't sign the players on mega-wages that are holding us back.

pearson's the only manager who hasn't given us tedious mediocrity (or worse) over the last ten years, yet you'd presumably get rid of him for.....who?
I think Billy Shitpants might throw his hat in the ring. And Iain Dowie. Something to look forward to.

fitz

I'm not a big fan of Pearson, but this is my reason for hoping he makes it through this season. Perhaps if rumours started going about that we were trying to line up someone better than him then I'd be fine with him leaving, until then the fear of us recruiting yet another absolutely shite manager keeps him as a safe option in my eyes.

spionfox

As I have a particular dislike of Cov I do find this really funny however there by the grace of God...

They've done something that we never have and ruined a perfectly good Monty Python sketch in the process :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669