Is anybody else worried?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whilst I accept that these are only preseason friendlies and we shouldn't set too much store by them. I saw little or nothing at the game last night (or on tv against Monaco) to suggest that we will get the strong start that we need.

No suppport for the wingers, forwards not ready to recieve crosses because they've barely left our own 18 yard box let alone got into the opposition's. Inability to convert set pieces into anything that looks like a threat. In the friendlies against the league 1 and 2 teams we should have been scoring for fun, and we've put two past them (and conceded two as well).

So yes. I'm worried

Who said anything like that?

The question was simply 'Are you worried' I have given a few reasons as to why I am concerned this season, is this not allowed?

Given the fact the most people on here thought we were nailed on for promotion when Sven was here and we were dicking money away left, right and centre, I'm quite happy for many to think that we are doomed and going to strugle this year.

I've been unable to eat for the past week and am stuggling to sleep atm I'm that worried. :icon_roll

Last edited:
If people truly believe we are fecked, then I'd assume they will be laying the blame squarly at the Thai's door as opposed to Pearson? Who's fault is it we've got no budget left to bring in players? Who gave out the silly contracts? Who's dealing with the mess and trying to get rid of them?

No point trying to convince people otherwise. Last night Pearson was being accused of doing nothing in the transfer market despite it being quite clear his hands are tied.

(I'd say as tied as to when he can bring in some PL youth players, once their pre-seasons have finished).

I'm just worried that anything other than 9 points from 9 will have that fickle KP crowd turning on the players.

Players who are not looking very confident and maybe still suffering from the end of the season crash.

Any chance of turning around a mediocre start will be banished by the overwhelming effect of a hostile crowd. Especially if we are suddenly relying heavilly on Marshall, Vardy, Waghorn and Danns (all seemed to be effected by confidence).

I would just like to add that we are a total shambles when It comes the Set-pieces.

In the pre seasons games I have watched it seems like we actually have not even bothered with them. This is a NP issue as I think they have always been total dog shit under his reign.

Why do we constantly neglect such a huge opportunity?

I guess that our corners and free kicks barely found our own men last night?

Yeah we could have got a headstart on the others and got some points on the board before the season started if we won some of our games.

Admittedly it hasn't been the most exciting pre season but if we had won all of our games 5-0 would it mean we would do that in every league game? Of course it wouldn't so likewise, there is no need to get knickers twisted or to start to sharpening the blade of the guillotine. Just get behind the overpaid wankers for a change and see how that helps.

Last edited:
If I remember rightly, we looked complete dogshit at the start of last season (Charlton, Blackburn, Burton), and got our act together after half a dozen games or so

If (when ?) we lose on Saturday, it doesn't mean a thing, and nor does this pre-season nonsense. As ever, the time to make a judgement is after ten games. If we haven't got it together by then, then I'll start to worry - mainly about which complete gumby the Thais will bring in to replace PeesSOn

Yeah we could have got a headstart on the others and got some points on the board before the season started if we won some of our games.

Admittedly it hasn't been the most exciting pre season but if we had won all of our games 5-0 would it mean we would do that in every league game? Of course it wouldn't so likewise, there is no need to get knickers twisted or to start to sharpening the blade of the guillotine. Just get behind the overpaid wankers for a change and see how that helps.

I can't see anyone getting their knickers in a twist?

Yesterday I tried to seal a polystyrene model I've been building with pond sealant, a fairly common practise that I expected to go well. Turns out, the grout layer I'd used wasn't thick enough and the solvent based sealer seeped through. Now, anyone who knows anything about polystyrene, knows that solvents melt right through it! As the sealer started to eat away at my hours of work, I closed the garage door and walked away. I'm going to assess the damage later; you better believe I'm ****ing worried.

I not so sure that the season will be as poor as some people fear, despite the near freeze in recruitment.

For all it's faults, this team/squad last season was one of the 6 best in the championship. Clearly well behind the top two I grant you and I would expect the same to be true this season, but I am not at all sure that they won't be in or around the play off places given most teams have been restricted to 2 or 3 free transfer players. LCFC's squad has lost none of its best players so a finish in the top 6 (or I should say 4th/5th/6th) is by no means impossible.

Arguably only 3 or 4 teams have recruited remotely impressively, so this LCFC squad could well compete for a top 6 place. All I would say is that I agree there are few grounds to think the team will compete with what emerges as the top two teams, I expect LCFC to be well behind those - a (wide) gulf will probably emerge behind the top two and possibly behind the top 3 teams. The pincer movement of FFP and parachute payments has seen to that but I don't think it has necessarily consigned LCFC to mid-table or worse because the squad could well compete favourably with the rest I think.

Last edited:
I can't see anyone getting their knickers in a twist?

I am - I've already said I'm struggling to eat and sleep now as I am that petrified because we are mentally frail, only have a squad of average players with some good ones too but that makes us well below average, nothing will be happening this season, we're using players we deemed too shit last year but had absolutely nothing to do with financial constraints, we are definitely 1,000,000% never signing anyone even if we sell players leaving us with none in a particular position, I wish we were Forest, we are a total shambles from set-pieces, our manager doesn't give a shit about the result in friendlies but I want to win them all 72-0 and we've missed out on 8 points already.

Apart from that though I think we'll do really well and I can't wait for the start of the season as much as I can't wait to get my freshly ironed knickers from the Corby Trouser Press as they are not twisted at all.

I am - I've already said I'm struggling to eat and sleep now as I am that petrified because we are mentally frail, only have a squad of average players with some good ones too but that makes us well below average, nothing will be happening this season, we're using players we deemed too shit last year but had absolutely nothing to do with financial constraints, we are definitely 1,000,000% never signing anyone even if we sell players leaving us with none in a particular position, I wish we were Forest, we are a total shambles from set-pieces, our manager doesn't give a shit about the result in friendlies but I want to win them all 72-0 and we've missed out on 8 points already.

Apart from that though I think we'll do really well and I can't wait for the start of the season as much as I can't wait to get my freshly ironed knickers from the Corby Trouser Press as they are not twisted at all.

As I thought, another sarcastic waste of time.

Come back when you want to make a contribution rather than post like an attention seeking 5 year old.

As I thought, another sarcastic waste of time.

Come back when you want to make a contribution rather than post like an attention seeking 5 year old.

Haha hark at Mr Serious here and it was mainly your words.

This thread can come back in 10 games when it may be worthwhile, as before we have even kicked a ball during the actual season it is completely pointless and just sums up the ridiculous amount of negativity after a handful of meaningless games and being a kick away from a shot at the Premier League.

But yeah, what Homer said.

Mostly I'm worried about fellow City fans blood pressure levels and their risk of developing serious ulcer problems. Relax! It's only football (and July)

Nope. If I'm going to worry about something, it'll be something like the health of my family and how my business will get on each year. Football is just a game I like.

Mostly I'm worried about fellow City fans blood pressure levels and their risk of developing serious ulcer problems. Relax! It's only football (and July)

Maybe I should have read your post properly before I posted. I could have just agreed with yours, rather than write my own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669