• Yes

Votes: 61 95.3%
  • No

Votes: 3 4.7%

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Profondo Rosso

To be honest i think McCarthy is a League One player at his best and always have done. And we'll never get promotion with players like him in the 1st team. I can't recall ever seeing him make a tackle and he doesn't get enough headers in for his size.

But looking through the boards everyone else seems to think he is actually good!!!

I'm gonna vote yes on this,

I don't think he's the hero that he is made out to be. But of the 2 options, I can't possibly say he isn't any good

If anything he may be a little excited at his new position, but in general he's an excellent prospect.

McCarthy is one of our most prized possesions, he has shown he is a natural leader, and he seems to have a good on-field relationship with Kisnorbo. His in-experience may be his let down, but he is learning, and getting better all the time.

If anything I may be a little excited at this new position I've discovered, but in general I'm still an excellent giver rather than a receiver just ask my friend Lance.Oh and McCarthy is quite a hunk too

Fecks sake Alex this is a serious debate:icon_roll

stupid question, cant believe you all answered so seriously

Haha, i take it i am alone then, i'm the only person who voted No

Haha, i take it i am alone then, i'm the only person who voted No

I should think you are. He has been very good this season and I think he will continue to develop alongside Kisnorbo.
I cannot believe you do not rate him, but football is and always will be about opinions, but do not mention your opinion around my daughter, death would be very welcome if she got hold of you :081: :098:

To be honest i think McCarthy is a League One player at his best and always have done. And we'll never get promotion with players like him in the 1st team. I can't recall ever seeing him make a tackle and he doesn't get enough headers in for his size.

But looking through the boards everyone else seems to think he is actually good!!!

He is actually good. You of course are entitled to your opinion, but IMO it is wrong!:icon_lol:

Always Paddy Mac!:038:

I think if this poll had been titled "Is McCarthy the team leader and inspiration we all thought he was going to be?" the outcome would have been different.

Give him time, he'll come good

Not the finished article at the moment, similar to Walshie when he started here, (makes the odd mistake and gets booked alot) but good prospect and if he serves the club half as well as Walshie then he will do

After his first 20 or so games for us I though he was very poor. But since I think he has improved. Still not great in my opinion, but I think he has the potential to be a very good player.

McCarthy originally somewhat worried me with his yellow cards and mistakes but seems to be very comfortable along side Kisnorbo this season and the tailend of last season. I moaned a lot about him when he first came and I dont mind him now. Jury's still out here.

He has potential but whether he uses is remained to be seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669