It's Happening

Status
Not open for further replies.
Grayson would be a big, big gamble. Hes hardly the kop favourite former player either

Last edited:
Grayson would be a big, big gamble. Hes hardly the kop favourite former player either
Well if that's the criteria for a good manager, we're pretty much fcuked.

I don't remember Rafa, Ferguson, or Wenger ever being their respective Kop favourites but they seem to be doing OK.

Well if that's the criteria for a good manager, we're pretty much fcuked.

I don't remember Rafa, Ferguson, or Wenger ever being their respective Kop favourites but they seem to be doing OK.

Im not syaing its a pre req but if you remove the fact he used to play for us, would people be even mentioning him?

Im not syaing its a pre req but if you remove the fact he used to play for us, would people be even mentioning him?

He's turned Blackpool from being a club struggling against relegation, to looking comfortable in a higher division. Why wouldn't we be talking about him?
Even some Bolton fans were talking about him as a candidate.

Didn't he get fan's Player of the Season one year?

Don't know, difficult to answer that, but I suspect not.

However, he did gain promotion last season so he may have gotten a mention.

IMO we need someone who has a link to this club. I'm not normally into going for someone just because they have played for us. I think that's the only way the next guy will get any time whatsoever!! Someone like Grayson will have some good will that will get him 10+ games rather than the 4 managers here are getting currently.

I dont know, I dont recall it.

From oF&F:

The first City skipper to lift a trophy at Wembley, Simon was acting captain on the day Derby were vanquished in the 1994 Play-off Final, shortly before being named as the supporters' choice for Player of the Season

I would think that at least some of those supporters were from the Kop. I know Grayson wasn't very popular at first - but then who does love a full-back - but as he developed in the wing-back role, his centres and pull-backs from the dead-ball line brought much excitement and many of the goals which took us into the Prem.

Three years later, it was his strike against Wimbledon that took us to Wembley again for the League Cup Final. I think he was more popular than you remember.

IMO we need someone who has a link to this club.
Why?

I can understand the assumption that it may grant them more than 4 games grace - but that would come with any game plan that resembled 'attack' irrespective of the manager's history.

I'd rather the primary qualification was that of proven ability than playing career.

Has anyone mentioned Keegan yet? :icon_bigg:icon_wink

Of the managers that we might be able to attract here, Grayson has to be one of the best.

He's turned Blackpool from being a club struggling against relegation, to looking comfortable in a higher division. Why wouldn't we be talking about him?
Even some Bolton fans were talking about him as a candidate.

Aye and look who was deemed better :icon_wink

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670