It's Happening

Status
Not open for further replies.
Grayson would be the best appointment possible IMO, knows the club, has worked wonders at Blackpool winning promotion and also showing they are capable of competing at a higher level, they play good football and he has a decent record in the transfer market.

Oh and he is used to working with a foreign investor.

Perfect appointment really

Grayson would be the best appointment possible IMO, knows the club, has worked wonders at Blackpool winning promotion and also showing they are capable of competing at a higher level, they play good football and he has a decent record in the transfer market.

Oh and he is used to working with a foreign investor.

Perfect appointment really

My thinking too...

Why?

I can understand the assumption that it may grant them more than 4 games grace - but that would come with any game plan that resembled 'attack' irrespective of the manager's history.

I'd rather the primary qualification was that of proven ability than playing career.

Has anyone mentioned Keegan yet? :icon_bigg:icon_wink

For exactly the reasons I said

If Allen had not fluked the Watford result the crowd would have been on his back. They already were to some extent and it could be argued that he is attacking minded!!!

IMO we need someone who has a link to this club. I'm not normally into going for someone just because they have played for us. I think that's the only way the next guy will get any time whatsoever!! Someone like Grayson will have some good will that will get him 10+ games rather than the 4 managers here are getting currently.

We have had plenty of managers over the years, have any of them had a previous link to the club and gone on to achieve success?

We have had plenty of managers over the years, have any of them had a previous link to the club and gone on to achieve success?

But have any had the quality and track record of a Little / Grayson partnership before.

"I'm not normally into going for someone just because they have played for us"

My comments are about the fact our retarded fans no longer give anyone a chance, unless the new manager has a link to the club or they win all their games playing like Brazil they will get turned on within 4/5 games. FACT!

If Grayson wasn't out there, I certainly wouldn't just appoint someone with a link for the sake of it. Grayson is there though, he has done well and has a link with the club. What more could you ask for?

Matt Gillies went from player to coach to manager without ever leaving the club. As a manager, "he was to direct City's generally upbeat fortunes for a decade spent entirely in the top echelon, twice leading his team out for Wembley Cup Finals, twice taking them to the League Cup Final, and thoroughly earning for himself a reputation as both a shrewd market operator and a good judge of character". [oF&F]

Oddly in view of the current situation, he came to us after a 10-year stint at Bolton.

"My comments are about the fact our retarded fans no longer give anyone a chance, unless the new manager has a link to the club or they win all their games playing like Brazil they will get turned on within 4/5 games. FACT!

Dunno about that this time - unless it's Reid or Roeder in which case they wouldn't even get one game (quite rightly)

We've been through the mill good and proper - many of the Blue Mongies loved Martin Allen, and some feckwits thought Megson was doing a good job

I suspect that whoever comes in this time will be simply met with a wave of complete apathy - they will not be expected to do anything given the history of the season so far

It's a perfect opportunity for anyone to get their feet under the table - they can't really do much worse

Last edited:
But have any had the quality and track record of a Little / Grayson partnership before.

What an odd question! What quality and track-record does the Little/Grayson partnership have?

"I'm not normally into going for someone just because they have played for us"

My comments are about the fact our retarded fans no longer give anyone a chance, unless the new manager has a link to the club or they win all their games playing like Brazil they will get turned on within 4/5 games. FACT!

If Grayson wasn't out there, I certainly wouldn't just appoint someone with a link for the sake of it. Grayson is there though, he has done well and has a link with the club. What more could you ask for?

For the record I have previously championed BL and SG as the "dream team", and I still do.

Chelsea hated that Mourinho

wasn't a Shed Idol

they wanted Chopper Harris

Matt Gillies went from player to coach to manager without ever leaving the club. As a manager, "he was to direct City's generally upbeat fortunes for a decade spent entirely in the top echelon, twice leading his team out for Wembley Cup Finals, twice taking them to the League Cup Final, and thoroughly earning for himself a reputation as both a shrewd market operator and a good judge of character". [oF&F]

Oddly in view of the current situation, he came to us after a 10-year stint at Bolton.

I might well be wrong, time may have dulled the memory, but we always seemed to have good managers back in them days.

I think you might want to re-assess the managerial track records of both candidates!

I seem to remember that BL's record when he had JG working with him was excellent, it only went sour when JG decided to try his own hand at management.

I am not suggesting bringing both back, but SG and BL might be able to recreate the successes of BL and JG.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669