It's Holloway...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Radio 5 live says definitely Holloway. Would be a good choice IMO, i reckon he could bring a bit of passion back to LCFC

Radio 5 live says definitely Holloway. Would be a good choice IMO, i reckon he could bring a bit of passion back to LCFC

Passion, 'being funny' and talking cobblers is irrelevant

I just want someone with a footballing brain who plays them in the right position and in the right formation, and who can actually win a fair few games

I just want someone with a footballing brain who plays them in the right position and in the right formation, and who can actually win a fair few games

I think he will be the first manager in God knows how long who will try to not play players out of position.

Last edited:
I find this a confusing statement as he is currently managing a team with far inferior resources at a much higher position than us.

He can be a big fish in a small pond at Plymouth. I feel he will be lost at a Club where the expectation is far greater than anything he has encountered before.

Just imagine all the top class names looking to play for IH, let alone the current shower. :icon_roll

All we are currently witnessing is the current slow decline of LCFC. This appointment will do little to arrest that decline in any way. :icon_cry:

I think you might be doing Holloway a diservice if you dont think he can fulfill those simple criteria.

Considering we are shite. Considering our chairmans desire to hire and fire every other month. Considering we were such an unnatractive propsect according to so many on here. Considering Manadric clearly couldnt get any of his top targets.

I wish people would stop sighting this, look at the facts:

Kelly - fired (after being given a long enough chance considering had been in the position for over half a season
Rudkin etc - held the fought, not fired
Worthington - was employed to see the season out and that was that. Not fired.
Allen - fired
Megson - left us

So he has fired 2 managers over 7/8 months hardly every other month, and whilst I agree it is less than ideal he never hired Kelly and gave him what he considered to be (and which I think we all agreed was) enough time to prove himself. If you believe the rumours about Allen then he was also right to fire him, but even ignoring all rumours and assuming he just fired him on results that is still only one of his own signings fired.

I'll give him a chance...

If his first 3 interviews with the press aren't funny then I will be on his back :icon_wink

Last edited:
I wish people would stop sighting this, look at the facts:

Kelly - fired (after being given a long enough chance considering had been in the position for over half a season
Rudkin etc - held the fought, not fired
Worthington - was employed to see the season out and that was that. Not fired.
Allen - fired
Megson - left us

So he has fired 2 managers over 7/8 months hardly every other month, and whilst I agree it is less than ideal he never hired Kelly and gave him what he considered to be (and which I think we all agreed was) enough time to prove himself. If you believe the rumours about Allen then he was also right to fire him, but even ignoring all rumours and assuming he just fired him on results that is still only one of his own signings fired.

I wasnt just remembering his time here.

He has proven it, at this level, recently, with inferior resources.

Merely proved he can stay in this League. Just the sort of skills we need to get out of this League. :icon_roll

its holloway (not)

its noone until they appointed.

Excellent news

bio_pNoone.jpg

Cutting the crap that surrounds Holloway, the key thing to know is that he is a very good man manager. Gets into players heads and gets the best out of them.

It went sour at QPR as he lost some of the players but apart from that, he's got a strong record. Also, he's never been sacked and is in his 12th year as a boss (if you discount the gardening leave QPR thing). Must have done something right.

Merely proved he can stay in this League. Just the sort of skills we need to get out of this League. :icon_roll

Because Plymouth havent been pushing for the play-offs? Who were you expecting? Billy Davies?? Roy Keane???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669