It's Holloway...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish people would stop sighting this, look at the facts:

Kelly - fired (after being given a long enough chance considering had been in the position for over half a season
Rudkin etc - held the fought, not fired
Worthington - was employed to see the season out and that was that. Not fired.
Allen - fired
Megson - left us

So he has fired 2 managers over 7/8 months hardly every other month, and whilst I agree it is less than ideal he never hired Kelly and gave him what he considered to be (and which I think we all agreed was) enough time to prove himself. If you believe the rumours about Allen then he was also right to fire him, but even ignoring all rumours and assuming he just fired him on results that is still only one of his own signings fired.

:038::038: At last somebody looking at the facts and not jumping on the MM is ruthless bandwagon created by the press.

I've just come back from 3 months travelling and whilst away i travelled with 2 big Plymouth fans. They absolutely idolise the bloke. They said they play some half decent football and the team spirit is unbelievable. He has done so well to get them in the position they are now. They will be devastated if he leaves to comes to us. I reckon we should give him a chance. Can't be much worse than ginger bollocks Megson.

Merely proved he can stay in this League. Just the sort of skills we need to get out of this League. :icon_roll

For the first time in a long time I agree with you Steven :icon_wink

If true it is a 'treading water' appointment, he will do o.k in this league, but not the man to get us promoted in 2 and half years time.

He was not good enough when the last 'shower' were reported to want him, why is he now. A step back from Megson IMO and that is saying something.

The first manager thread i read ends in success!

Could do a lot worse and ahve obviously struggled to do any better in my opinion.

Wahoo! Family Funday Piggybacks have returned!

piggyback.jpg

Get in!!!

I would be pleased with Holloway. We have to start from where we are and he is the right man to turn us into a top Championship side. Once we are back at that level, we can start the argument as to whether he can lead us in the promised land of the Premiership.

He can be a big fish in a small pond at Plymouth. I feel he will be lost at a Club where the expectation is far greater than anything he has encountered before.

Just imagine all the top class names looking to play for IH, let alone the current shower. :icon_roll

All we are currently witnessing is the current slow decline of LCFC. This appointment will do little to arrest that decline in any way. :icon_cry:

Negative and paranoid Steven.

I would be pleased with Holloway. We have to start from where we are and he is the right man to turn us into a top Championship side. Once we are back at that level, we can start the argument as to whether he can lead us in the promised land of the Premiership.
No.

We are not where we are anymore, we were where we were but now we are in a totally different place without an honest bunch of lads redoubling efforts and giving it their best.

If we stand any chance of getting to where we want to be we have to work out which way we came from and how long it took.

And anyhow - we wouldn't be in this mess if someone hadn't given the Roadmap to Success to a woman.

so a club that's become a laughing stock employs a joker...

he deserves a chance of course but it has to be remembered that his teams are usually the dirtiest in the league, he rates Nalis, and Plymouth fans have complained of his bizarre team selections and that he often plays people out of position

don't know about this one, could go either way, has to be more entertaining than the last 3 months anyway

It's just been on Radio Leicester that MM doesn't expect to announce anything for at least another 48 hours

Looks like Its mr Holloway, if so Let get behind the bloke and hope he can bring some success. not be negative before he's even started.

Because Plymouth havent been pushing for the play-offs? Who were you expecting? Billy Davies?? Roy Keane???

I'm glad it isn't him he is a horrible cnut of the highest order,all he does is play shite football and bullies refs untill they give him decisions!! :098:
Anyway enough of that back to hollaway

so a club that's become a laughing stock employs a joker...

he deserves a chance of course but it has to be remembered that his teams are usually the dirtiest in the league, he rates Nalis, and Plymouth fans have complained of his bizarre team selections and that he often plays people out of position

don't know about this one, could go either way, has to be more entertaining than the last 3 months anyway

Nalis is better than many of the other feckers we've had in recent times.

If Holloway's 'bizarre' team selections get results, as they have with Plymouth, then what is the problem?

Looks like Its mr Holloway, if so Let get behind the bloke and hope he can bring some success. not be negative before he's even started.
What is it with the Citeh fascination for piggybacks?

I don't fancy getting on his back or queuing up behind it, more walking alongside him in the spirit of brotherhood holding his hand and giving it gentle loving squeezes.

It's just been on Radio Leicester that MM doesn't expect to announce anything for at least another 48 hours

:icon_lol:

Its started already, in 4 hours time it will definatly not be Ian Holloway like every other "its definatly ______ for manager thread.

:icon_lol:

What is it with the Citeh fascination for piggybacks?

I don't fancy getting on his back or queuing up behind it, more walking alongside him in the spirit of brotherhood holding his hand and giving it gentle loving squeezes.

Elvis Hammond style...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Blackburn 00
2Bristol City00
3Burnley00
4Cardiff City00
5Coventry City00
6Derby00
7Hull City00