It's MIKE NEWELL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bill Tomlins, Luton Chairman "We have had no official approach from Leicester,". I bet Bill wishes he knew as much about the inner workings of his own football club as we appear to. We'll be hiding transmitters in rocks next. Crrrrazy.

Not saying this might not be true, but it seems at the moment a new day brings the supposed arrival of a different manager. Yesterday it was Cotterill, today Newell. I'm betting on Billy Davies taking over tomorrow! Seriously though, its great all these rumours, but when i see our new manager with the blue and white leicester scarf above his head then i'll believe it.

RN Fox said:
Hey Alex,

You Had a bit of an up and down day today, glad to hear you got that skip back in your step again cos Mike Newell is coming.

Please let that be true.... Can you PM me how you know? I'm about to go to the bookies...

alex said:
Please let that be true.... Can you PM me how you know? I'm about to go to the bookies...

William Gee whizz - 4.30 Haydock - 15 to 1.

weneedanabramovich said:
could all be up in the air again then...

I like Tomlins' last comment. Higher division....True that, that's why I'm amazed he'd come to us...

I very much doubt either Cotterill or Newell coming to city now, just from the noises being made. We're sniffing round someone else. Please not Reid. Please not round 2 for Bassett. Notts County's Thordarson? He's the only one we can talk to at the minute. Souness?!!!!!!!! :icon_eek:

no no no....not souness the bloke is shite look at where he left blackburn, they are only just recovering, and as for what he has done for newcastle erm...... swapped them places with blackburn:018: :018:

Agreed. This post may have already been discussed, but humour me none the less. If there are 10 on the list, and we forget the ones already mensioned above, who else could they be talking to?:102:

You have no reason to believeme but.....

I'm told our pottential deal for Newell depends on Luton securing a replacement first, the board won't let him go otherwise, and he doesn't want to leave them in the lurch.

My source on this works as a cleaner at the luton training ground, he asked Brian Stein apparently. He doesn't know who the luton board may be looking at but Stein said that HE didn't fancy leaving for Leicester.

I don't know the bloke very well, met him for an interview, as i might be getting a contract up there and i will need someone local to cover it. when i said i was from Leicester, the first thing he said was "your stealng our manager"

So take from that what you will....

Its all of a sudden gone very quiet.

I still stand beside what I am told. But who knows. The club have screwed things up in the past (not too distant past either:mad: )

Feriol said:
You have no reason to believeme but.....

I'm told our pottential deal for Newell depends on Luton securing a replacement first, the board won't let him go otherwise, and he doesn't want to leave them in the lurch.

My source on this works as a cleaner at the luton training ground, he asked Brian Stein apparently. He doesn't know who the luton board may be looking at but Stein said that HE didn't fancy leaving for Leicester.

I don't know the bloke very well, met him for an interview, as i might be getting a contract up there and i will need someone local to cover it. when i said i was from Leicester, the first thing he said was "your stealng our manager"

So take from that what you will....

Luton boardroom conversation.

Newell: Look Mr Chairman, I would really like to go to Leicester as I think they have more potential and it would secure my family financially.

Chairman:: Look Mike, we understand your concerns and would be more than happy to lose our best manager for 20 years. BUT... before you go we really need to secure a new manager.

Newell: That's fair enough Mr Chairman, i'll go to Leicester when you have a new guy lined up.

Chairman:: Fantastic Mike, can't thank you enough. We'll get right on it.

**Newell Leaves the board room**

Luton Board: Mr Chairman, shall we draw up a list of candidates for you to look at?

Chairman: Fcuk off, don't be stupid. We aren't looking for another manager that mug is staying right where he is.

Babylon said:
Luton boardroom conversation.

Newell: Look Mr Chairman, I would really like to go to Leicester as I think they have more potential and it would secure my family financially.

Chairman:: Look Mike, we understand your concerns and would be more than happy to lose our best manager for 20 years. BUT... before you go we really need to secure a new manager.

Newell: That's fair enough Mr Chairman, i'll go to Leicester when you have a new guy lined up.

Chairman:: Fantastic Mike, can't thank you enough. We'll get right on it.

**Newell Leaves the board room**

Luton Board: Mr Chairman, shall we draw up a list of candidates for you to look at?

Chairman: Fcuk off, don't be stupid. We aren't looking for another manager that mug is staying right where he is.

i assume that if this is all true, we must have made a very tempting offer. apparently Stein seemed pretty sure he was going, but it might take a couple of weeks. i have only met this guy once (this morning) so i have taken it with a pinch of salt myself. but if i find out he's lying i'm not going to hire him, thats for sure.

face it Mike Newell, Steve Cotterill and Billy Davis are not coming here- we need to find our own up and coming manager instead of nicking someone elses because we are in no position to do that.

I'm stuck for who to believe here. Training ground cleaner....Club Chairman...Training ground cleaner....Club Chairman....Training ground cleaner....Club Chairman....Training ground cleaner....Club Chairman....Training ground cleaner....Club Chairman....

Chah. I give up.

same old same old :(

Treebeard said:
I'm stuck for who to believe here. Training ground cleaner....Club Chairman...Training ground cleaner....Club Chairman....Training ground cleaner....Club Chairman....Training ground cleaner....Club Chairman....Training ground cleaner....Club Chairman....

Chah. I give up.

The chairman will say whatever he needs to to keep the fans off his back until the last possible moment. if it falls through, and the chairman has admitted he was prepared to let him go, it wouldn't go down well for him, or Newell. He will want to be able to say "we did everything to keep him"

i never believe chairmen, but maybe thats just me.

I don't believe the cleaner either, but i hope it is true, if not newell, we are left with the likes of Reid.........

drummindefender said:
face it Mike Newell, Steve Cotterill and Billy Davis are not coming here- we need to find our own up and coming manager instead of nicking someone elses because we are in no position to do that.

You think our Boards enquiries, are just for show then? so they could say "We Tried, but here is Peter Reid instead" ?

I could imagine that being the case, but i hope not.

Feriol said:
You think our Boards enquiries, are just for show then? so they could say "We Tried, but here is Peter Reid instead" ?

I could imagine that being the case, but i hope not.
well its more fooking realistic then mike newell

drummindefender said:
well its more fooking realistic then mike newell

I Think that was the case when we spoke to Redknapp and Graham that time, there was no way they would come, but it looked like our board was ambitious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669