Jack Hobbs to Celtic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Given the injury record of our other reserve defenders I am not keen on this - doesnt seem like Sven wants to keep too much depth in the squad (considering Waggy as well)

I would assume that Vitor must be back to full fitness then to not need the cover?

Given the injury record of our other reserve defenders I am not keen on this - doesnt seem like Sven wants to keep too much depth in the squad (considering Waggy as well)

Bruma is coming in basically and Hobbs wants game time. I just hope it's game time to keep him playing and developing as opposed to a permo deal.

I reckon Sven has decided to just gamble that his first 11 stay fit and pump as much money into the starting lineup while not bothering with depth as much. It's a gamble, but one I agree with. He has to win a lot of games in a short space of time...he can build a squad in the summer...for now he's building a starting lineup. Hence the sale of Morrison, and the loaning out of a few other fringe players.

I would imagine Bruma is coming in for Hobbs and will probably go into the side at Mee's expense. Just a guess like.(*)

*...if this isn't just complete nonsense, which is certainly possible.

Last edited:
And to be honest I'm not happy about it. We have enough loan players as it is. Why get rid of one of our most promising young players, just to bring in another young player on loan? Hobbs is good enough for this level, no doubt about it.

In the same way that Bruma could be joining us tomorrow I guess.
To the best of my knowledge, SPL clubs cannot sign any contracted players outside the transfer window. Or is there some loophole that makes their window as meaningless as ours is to Football League clubs?

Hobbs main priority will be to get regular starts in football games - rather than provide Sven and us with the comfort of cover for the first choices in central defence. Quite right too. If he can get a regular first team spot at Celtic then good luck to him.

Am I the only one who thinks this could be a good move? I obviously don't want to see him leave on a permanent deal but it's obvious he's not quite at his best at the minute and that won't change if he isn't getting any game time. Sending him out on loan would be a good move and to Celtic, well I think that'd be a great place to send him, big club with a winning habit.

I think it's different for loan players.
I really don't think it is. I think this is a complete non story. Separate loan windows are a special dispensation inexplicably granted to English lower league clubs, and even then it's restricted to domestic transfers. If a club in the Scottish top flight can sign loan players from any country at any time (completely unlike clubs in top leagues in every other country in Europe), what purpose does a transfer window actually serve? This loan can not happen tomorrow. I'm sure of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669