Jack Hobbs to Celtic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Filthy Rich

Banned
Never mind the rules.

It doesn't make any sense anyway.

If Hobbsy can't get in our first team, why does anyone think he'd walk straight into the Celtic first team?

For what it's worth, I rate both Hobbs and Mee as good defenders but Mee is currently a better footballer in terms of awareness, positional sense, pass making and distribution etc.

Jeff

Administrator
Staff member
If Hobbsy can't get in our first team, why does anyone think he'd walk straight into the Celtic first team?

I don't know whether he'd get into their team, but he's certainly good enough for that level of football.

Most of the teams in the SPL are League One standard.

Odhiambo and Cox are both regulars for 5th placed Inverness and they didn't make a start between them at Leicester. Wesolowski was one of Hamilton's best players when they finished 6th last season.

Even some of the bigger teams are full of players that wouldn't make it at Championship level. See some of the signings Strachan made for Middlesbrough, for example.

Last edited:

homer

Still being peddled as fact on our glorious Radio Leicester........

bocadillo

Water Gypsy
Now I could say shes only a woman reporter giving us this story but Stringer is peddling it as well, so who knows if its a load of hogwash or not.

As the rules say it can't happen, it's hogwash no matter what the source.

Last edited:

Kingy_85

Am I the only one who thinks this could be a good move? I obviously don't want to see him leave on a permanent deal but it's obvious he's not quite at his best at the minute and that won't change if he isn't getting any game time. Sending him out on loan would be a good move and to Celtic, well I think that'd be a great place to send him, big club with a winning habit.

Im with you on this one. Im very happy!

A spell playing in front of the Glasgow faithful can only be a good thing. He isn't getting into the side here so why not? Its all about development baby!

bocadillo

Water Gypsy
Im with you on this one. Im very happy!

A spell playing in front of the Glasgow faithful can only be a good thing. He isn't getting into the side here so why not? Its all about development baby!

:bang:

Why do people continue to ignore the absolute fact that this can not happen?

Ike O'Noclassed

:bang:

Why do people continue to ignore the absolute fact that this can not happen?

Not to mention that LCFC loan policy over many years is to park a player away from the club before transferring him.

From memory only Matt Piper (Mansfield) came back a better, wanted player.

Motown Fox

Is it confirmed yet...
What that "the absolute fact that this can not happen" has been proved to be correct and RL have egg on their faces.
OR that Stringer's insider information has been confirmed? He did say that Ricardo was coming and that proved correct... However he's said a few things that are about as much on target as a Jack Hobbs header/shot.

Gore Lowin

"Speaking to Sven at 2. I'll confirm Bruma from #chelsea + Hobbs situations. Hobbs move to #celtic still pos if papers were done last Monday"

Stringer on Twitter.

Could be why it could happen re papers?

Last edited:

Cate Fox

Why would they complete the papers last Monday, but only announce it now? :102:

drummindefender

Because the plan was to loan in Bruma and let Hobbs go out, but Chelsea didn't want Bruma to go until David Luiz signed, which was only confirmed just before the 11pm deadline, meaning the Bruma deal ran out off time, so the Hobbs deal even though ready to go was stopped

AND BREATHE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670