James Chambers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not at all

It's easy to say you're 'unispired' but when asked what players would inspire you then people tend not to have an answer.

It would be nice to see who and what kind of players some people think LCFC would and should be able to attract :102:

Fair point. What signings would inspire some of you lot?

To be fair, I'm quite pleased that our signings have been pretty unispiring so far, given that we have mainly signed defenders. I don't want defenders to be inspiring, I want them to be reliable, solid, committed and trusted by the rest of the team which I believe N'Gotty and Chambers (and Nielsen) in particular will turn out to be. Hellings might be inspiring when we see him play and I think everyone agrees that Carl Cort certainly has the potential to rip the division apart if MA can get it out of him and he stays fit! I admit we need a bit of flair to accompany kishishev, wesolowski etc. in midfield, but there's so much time before the season starts. O'Neill never did anything until about two hours before the transfer deadline and he was the last good purchaser we had. I expect to see some quality signings coming in - the fact that MM and MA are talking about the likes of Hendrie, Saganowski etc. suggests that this is the case.

To be fair, I'm quite pleased that our signings have been pretty unispiring so far, given that we have mainly signed defenders. I don't want defenders to be inspiring, I want them to be reliable, solid, committed and trusted by the rest of the team which I believe N'Gotty and Chambers (and Nielsen) in particular will turn out to be. Hellings might be inspiring when we see him play and I think everyone agrees that Carl Cort certainly has the potential to rip the division apart if MA can get it out of him and he stays fit! I admit we need a bit of flair to accompany kishishev, wesolowski etc. in midfield, but there's so much time before the season starts. O'Neill never did anything until about two hours before the transfer deadline and he was the last good purchaser we had. I expect to see some quality signings coming in - the fact that MM and MA are talking about the likes of Hendrie, Saganowski etc. suggests that this is the case.

TWO defenders, out of SEVEN signings

Maybe 'defensive minded' players would be a better phrase :icon_wink

i was counting nielsen (i.e. defenders and goalkeepers) and also taking into account the fact that hellings can supposedly play full back and kishishev has spent most of his career in a back 4. Also, I think sappleton is more likely "one for the future" than an integral part of this season's squad.

chambers rb
hellings lb
n'gotty cb
kishishev originally a defender, now a defensive midfielder
Nielsen gk

id say that that represents a majority of the signings wouldn't you?

chambers rb
hellings lb
n'gotty cb
kishishev originally a defender, now a defensive midfielder
Nielsen gk

id say that that represents a majority of the signings wouldn't you?

Hellings is a midfield player :icon_roll

And Kishishev was lauded as such when he signed for us

Hellings is a midfield player :icon_roll

And Kishishev was lauded as such when he signed for us

hellings can play lb also.

hellings can play lb also.

And Hume could probably play in goal if he had to :icon_roll

He's a feckin midfield player, as is Kishishev these days - meaning we have signed two defenders (OK, plus a keeper) out of our seven signings so PLEASE everyone stop saying that all we have signed is feckin' defenders

Kishishev is a Midfielder end of,he can play at the Back if needed as cover but first and foremost he is a Midfielder.Anybody can play anywhere if needs be:102:

Kishishev is a Midfielder end of,he can play at the Back if needed as cover but first and foremost he is a Midfielder.Anybody can play anywhere if needs be:102:

The whole world has gone feckin' mad, HF

Apparently Levi Porter is our new target man centre forward, this year.....

And Hume could probably play in goal if he had to :icon_roll

He's a feckin midfield player, as is Kishishev these days - meaning we have signed two defenders (OK, plus a keeper) out of our seven signings so PLEASE everyone stop saying that all we have signed is feckin' defenders

We have signed defensive players, not necessarily defenders.
Our main problem last season was creating and scoring, so that should be more of a priority than strengthening a defence that although wasn't great, was probably our strongest area.

Yeh but he did come to the country as a right-back when Charlton signed him. If I remember he even scored against us playing that position at Filbert Street.

No-one's got a clue where Helling's actually plays - the management game I play :icon_bigg- says he's a defender/defensive midfielder centre.

The whole world has gone feckin' mad, HF

Apparently Levi Porter is our new target man centre forward, this year.....

you can bend anything to suit what you want to say,Kisnorbo was signed as a Midfielder for instance

Last edited:
from a watford fan

"James Chambers is one of the best professionals I have ever come across. Always gave everything, was a great team player, had humility, and always got on with the job he was asked to do. Was also loved by his team mates.

He also has a lot of ability and now coming into his prime with lots of experience behind him. I'm sorry to see him go. He is one of the nice guys, is so genuine and wish him only the very best, because he deserves that."

Yeh but he did come to the country as a right-back when Charlton signed him. If I remember he even scored against us playing that position at Filbert Street.

No-one's got a clue where Helling's actually plays - the management game I play :icon_bigg- says he's a defender/defensive midfielder centre.

Well the club appeared to when they signed him

Dutch Midfielder Set To Join Foxes

Posted on: Wed 20 Jun 2007
Leicester City look set to beat a host of high-profile European clubs to the signature of former Ajax and Anderlecht midfielder Sergio Hellings.
The player flew in to the East Midlands on Friday for talks with the Foxes, and it is hoped that the deal will be completed on Monday, subject to medical.
Signed by Belgium side Anderlecht for 2 million EURO from Ajax in October 2002, Hellings is an all-round midfielder who has previously attracted the attentions of Middlesbrough and was subject to a substantial offer from Leeds United two seasons ago.
Born in Amsterdam, Hellings was snapped up by Ajax at an early age and was nurtured through the Dutch side's world famous youth system. He has represented his country at all youth levels up to under 20.
The 22-year-old's arrival will mark City boss Martin Allen's fifth signing of the summer - with Carl Cort, Bruno N'Gotty, Jimmy Nielsen and Ricky Sappleton already on board ahead of the 2007-08 campaign.
Allen said: "Sergio is a player with huge potential and I am delighted that he is going to sign for us.
"He is a midfielder who our Sporting Director, Don Mackay, is well aware of and I am looking forward to working with him."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669