Jamie Carragher's book

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greece won the Euro Champs captained by a guy who couldn't get in the Leicester team - it's all about attitude...

We're more than good enough to be competitive on a man by man basis with any team...

Greece won the Euro Champs captained by a guy who couldn't get in the Leicester team - it's all about attitude...
We're more than good enough to be competitive on a man by man basis with any team...

Its partly about attitude but mostly about talent IMO.Spain won the last Euro because they had the most talented players

Attitude is important I'm not debating that but in top Class Football talent will invariably win out against effort

Of course its to do with talent,teams that win the Big Championships are full of talented World Class players,whilst we have the likes of Carrick,Defoe,Downing.
Carrager hasn't played for England foir years,we are still shite,so maybe your anger would be better vented at the half-arsed couldn't careless wankers who are still playing

It is, believe me

Now that Carragher has owned up to not giving a monkey's nuts, it suggests that the constant nagging puzzle of why Lampard and Gerrard look like cack when they play together for England, yet outstanding for their own clubs, has nothing to do with finding the 'chemistry' between them

It has everything to do with them simply not being arsed

I betcha Jimmy Bullard will be 'in love' with playing for England if he gets selected

It is, believe me

Now that Carragher has owned up to not giving a monkey's nuts, it suggests that the constant nagging puzzle of why Lampard and Gerrard look like cack when they play together for England, yet outstanding for their own clubs, has nothing to do with finding the 'chemistry' between them

It has everything to do with them simply not being arsed

I betcha Jimmy Bullard will be 'in love' with playing for England if he gets selected

He may well be and he's a decent enough player but he's not World Class.IMO class will win out agianst effort but I might be wrong:102: I'd rather have Gerrard in my side than Bullard.I'm of the opinion Lampard just isn't as good a player as he is made out to be and is 'carried' by those around him when he plays for his Club.I didn't see no massive bids for him in the Summer

Last edited:
I'm always happy with making the quarter finals. we are not the best but top 8 is astounding.

The English think they are better than they are. Do you really think the Jocks/paddies/ welsh are not passionate. of course they are but they are not more skillful than other countries. They'd be happy to make the quarter finals.

Why should the English expect anymore?

I'm always happy with making the quarter finals. we are not the best but top 8 is astounding.

The English think they are better than they are. Do you really think the Jocks/paddies/ welsh are not passionate. of course they are but they are not more skillful than other countries. They'd be happy to make the quarter finals.

Because we won the World Cup 42 years ago

A very well put argument.

I don't care much either way to be honest, but the massively high expectations of the fans are part of the reason I find it tiresome watching England games. It's like listening to Forest fans sometimes.

Because we won the World Cup 42 years ago

Nobody has ever argued that :icon_roll

It is the fact that they are playing in, possibly, the best league in the world (and if not the best, then certainly close to the best), and most of them appeared in the final of the best competition in Europe (unlike a large number of Scots, Welsh or Irish etc.)

So you might be excused for having some expectation that they can then go on and at least compete amongst some of the other 'best players' in Europe

But instead they couldn't even get past the feckin' qualifying stages

Nobody has ever argued that :icon_roll

It is the fact that they are playing in, possibly, the best league in the world (and if not the best, then certainly close to the best), and most of them appeared in the final of the best competition in Europe (unlike a large number of Scots, Welsh or Irish etc.)

So you might be excused for having some expectation that they can then go on and at least compete amongst some of the other 'best players' in Europe

But instead they couldn't even get past the feckin' qualifying stages

Because they had a useless Manager and yes there might well be 4 or 5 decent players who played in the Champions League Final but thery are complimented by another 5 or 6 fillers in the mode of Downing,Defoe.Look at 2 of our Centre Forwards for Saturday and Wednesday..Defoe and Heskey ffs,bet Billic and Croatia are shitting themselves

but since the CL started I'm sure a lot more foreigners have played in the final that Englishmen. The Prem is "alledgedly" a great league but it's full of foriegn players. On deadline day I didn't see too many Englishmen being signed by prem clubs, but lots of foreign players.

IMO Sven was a very very good manager, he got us to where we could go (and penalties might help even more). We should be proud of a top 8 finish. Looking at the recent Euros we'd have liked to make the last 8.

but since the CL started I'm sure a lot more foreigners have played in the final that Englishmen. The Prem is "alledgedly" a great league but it's full of foriegn players. On deadline day I didn't see too many Englishmen being signed by prem clubs, but lots of foreign players.

IMO Sven was a very very good manager, he got us to where we could go (and penalties might help even more). We should be proud of a top 8 finish. Looking at the recent Euros we'd have liked to make the last 8.

And our League has a lot more foreigners in than there is English players in say the Spanish League.You rarely see English players being wanted by European Sides nowadays

Looking at the recent Euros we'd have liked to make the last 8.

When it gets to that stage, there's hardly any difference in quality of teams. It's all about working your bollox off, having some bottle and some pride. Now if they had put those 3 instances 'in' when it mattered but we lost, no-one would have a problem with the national team. But they don't even do it in the qualifiers, it's scandal.

Look at Euro 96 and Italia 90, the nation were proud because the players cared and worked hard. There are enough players of high quality to get that level, ok the whole 11 might not be world class but it's never stopped the likes of Greece and Russia performing well.

And not use the excuse, on track record England aren't much cop. Look at Spain, look at Holland......minimal tournament winners but still the top according to many.

When it gets to that stage, there's hardly any difference in quality of teams. It's all about working your bollox off, having some bottle and some pride. Now if they had put those 3 instances 'in' when it mattered but we lost, no-one would have a problem with the national team. But they don't even do it in the qualifiers, it's scandal.

Look at Euro 96 and Italia 90, the nation were proud because the players cared and worked hard. There are enough players of high quality to get that level, ok the whole 11 might not be world class but it's never stopped the likes of Greece and Russia performing well.

And not use the excuse, on track record England aren't much cop. Look at Spain, look at Holland......minimal tournament winners but still the top according to many.

It was only in the last Euros the Russians did any good.I've seen them play in World Cup Finals before now and they were absolute horseshit.Yes England should quailify for the Finals of Championships and before we had the clown that was MaClaren in charge we did quailfy.I think we may well struggle this time round though due to our Strikers

Last edited:
Because they had a useless Manager and yes there might well be 4 or 5 decent players who played in the Champions League Final but thery are complimented by another 5 or 6 fillers in the mode of Downing,Defoe.Look at 2 of our Centre Forwards for Saturday and Wednesday..Defoe and Heskey ffs,bet Billic and Croatia are shitting themselves

But again let's get it in perspective - who's playing up front for Croatia?

A guy from Hamburg and one from Nantes that you've never heard of I guess - yet we're worried about losing to them because our players are not good enough :102:

Our team is a joke and it's all down to their attitude - we should beat Croatia home and away looking at their current squad....

Perhaps you know players playing in England better than those in other countries, perhaps you are confusing knowing someone with them being a better player.

But again let's get it in perspective - who's playing up front for Croatia?

A guy from Hamburg and one from Nantes that you've never heard of I guess - yet we're worried about losing to them because our players are not good enough :102:

Our team is a joke and it's all down to their attitude - we should beat Croatia home and away looking at their current squad....

But they probably haven't heard of Heskey,Defoe,Bullard,Downing etc etc.I think we have half a team who are up there with the best in Europe and the other half of 'Fillers' but we will have just disagree:)

Perhaps you know players playing in England better than those in other countries, perhaps you are confusing knowing someone with them being a better player.

When was the last time Nantes or Hamburg got to The Champions League final?

If these players were better than Defoe or Heskey they'd probably be at Wigan or Portsmouth that's my whole point - our players are good enough to be competitive with any team in the world.

Germany have the likes of Huth and Hitzelsperger in their squad - they didn't make it in the top half of The Prem but they play well for their country at the very highest level - ask yourself why or read Carragher's book....

But they probably haven't heard of Heskey,Defoe,Bullard,Downing etc etc.I think we have half a team who are up there with the best in Europe and the other half of 'Fillers' but we will have just disagree:)

There will be fillers in every team that's the whole point it's the attitude that counts....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669