Jamie Carragher's book

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jamie Carrager used to come in a betting ShopI managed in Merseyside.I'm surprised he could write a book,very good player though

I personally think peoples expectations for England are too high and we just aren't all that good.Quarter Finals of Competitions is as good as we are IMO

I've never heard the same said of England fans at Wembley, who are more likely to help the opposition by turning on their own.

A superiority complex has also developed. It's presumed England should go close to winning every World Cup and European Championship. Failure to live up to this inevitably generates more criticism. But there's no historical justification for this and our overall record places England in the third tier of world football.

This was very telling to me, especially the last bit.

This was very telling to me, especially the last bit.

But the most telling is:

I was never in love with playing for England in the first place

Well why did you feckin' turn out, then, you miserable whingeing tosser ? I'm sure there are plenty of others who would have played in your place

What a wanker

But the most telling is:

Well why did you feckin' turn out, then, you miserable whingeing tosser ? I'm sure there are plenty of others who would have played in your place

What a wanker

:038:

I remember him ringing up a Talk Sport presenter who called him a bottler when he announced his retirement from international football. He seemed outraged but those snippets make him sound like a thug up for a fight than anything else.

:038:

I remember him ringing up a Talk Sport presenter who called him a bottler when he announced his retirement from international football. He seemed outraged but those snippets make him sound like a thug up for a fight than anything else.

Like I said I've met him and he's not a thug at all,very quiet actually.He just seemed a bit thick if anything.
I think you'll find there are many who aren't in love with playing for England and they are still being picked

Last edited:
I personally think peoples expectations for England are too high and we just aren't all that good.Quarter Finals of Competitions is as good as we are IMO

But if the desire was there we would surely go further - is that not the point?

If the likes of Carragher can get to CL finals why can't he get further with England....

The answer is in his book - it's not really that important to him....

But if the desire was there we would surely go further - is that not the point?

If the likes of Carragher can get to CL finals why can't he get further with England....

The answer is in his book - it's not really that important to him....

I'm not sure we would go further,I just don't think we are very good.Its not important to him so he elected not to play for his Country...someone should suggest it to Lampard.
Carragher gets into Champions League Finals because most of the team he plays in aren't English

Last edited:
I'm not sure we would go further,I just don't think we are very good.Its not important to him so he elected not to play for his Country...someone should suggest it to Lampard

I agree we're not very good but that because they don't want it enough - it's as simple as that.

We'd be better off picking Bullard than Lampard...

I think its because we haven't enough World Class players myself:102:

It's telling that the 3 big transfers over the summer where people clammering to buy a portugese, a brazilian and a bulgarian. Nobody comes knocking on our doors for English players very often, I think Owen was the last to go abroad?

I'm not sure we would go further,I just don't think we are very good.Its not important to him so he elected not to play for his Country...someone should suggest it to Lampard.
Carragher gets into Champions League Finals because most of the team he plays in aren't English

But there were 10 English players in the Champions League final, so we know they are good enough

It's nothing to do with talent - it's the half-arsed couldn't care less attitude of wankers like Carragher that has fecked us up

It's telling that the 3 big transfers over the summer where people clammering to buy a portugese, a brazilian and a bulgarian. Nobody comes knocking on our doors for English players very often, I think Owen was the last to go abroad?

We have some very very ordinary Centre Forwards IMO.Our League is the best in the World IMO but there are very few English players who I would consider World Class

But there were 10 English players in the Champions League final, so we know they are good enough

It's nothing to do with talent - it's the half-arsed couldn't care less attitude of wankers like Carragher that has fecked us up

But it's the good players who don't care, if we had a team full of people who cared passionately we would end up with players like Stearman in the team!

Of course its to do with talent,teams that win the Big Championships are full of talented World Class players,whilst we have the likes of Carrick,Defoe,Downing.
Carrager hasn't played for England foir years,we are still shite,so maybe your anger would be better vented at the half-arsed couldn't careless wankers who are still playing

But it's the good players who don't care, if we had a team full of people who cared passionately we would end up with players like Stearman in the team!

But we would win The World Cup apparently because they may have minimal talent but my god they care..bless em

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570