January transfer window rumours - bullplop or not!

Status
Not open for further replies.
id like to know what the sticking point is over fulop..will sunderland drop their expensive keeper to play him (which i dont see happening) or are they holding out for more money??

id like to know what the sticking point is over fulop..will sunderland drop their expensive keeper to play him (which i dont see happening) or are they holding out for more money??

I think they are being clever business-wise, they'll be able to get more than £1m for him now IMO.

They probably think that they have us by the short & curlies........ they're probably right. Expect to see him back for an increased fee unless QPR have made a silly offer.

Totally agree. Although there is obviously a roof in the amount we should pay for him/

we should offer £1.5/2m with an extra £750k/£1m should we get promoted within 2 years..yes i think he is worth it

If we loose Fulop and start conceeding goals we best start scoring more ourselves. Those strikers could be very important.

Steve Howard will be 32 in May. From the North East where he was spotted playing non-league football as a 20 year old by Hartlepool. Made 164 appearances for them, scoring 32 goals. Signed by Northampton in 1999 and made 95 appearances for them, scoring 18 goals.

Joined Luton in 2001 for £50k and made 228 appearances for them, scoring 103 goals. Got him a £1m move to Draby in 2006 and he has made 72 appearances for them, scoring 20 times.

Seems to have got better in the last few years. His record for Luton and Draby is better than anything else we've got. IMO a pairing of Campbell and Howard would be excellent in this league next season.

Barry Hayles will be 36 in April!! He's made 429 career appearances for various clubs. IH sold him for £2m to Fulham when at Bristol Rovers. He's scored 131 goals. Presumably he's coming in for his attitude and influence on younger players together with being back-up to Howard as a 'hold-it-up' old pro.

Fulop is an excellent keeper, however I don't believe we should be held to ransom by Sunderland. If we cannot come to a suitable agreement then I would imagine that an alternative target would no doubt be identified. If we cannot agree a deal for Fulop then I would like to see us go after one of the following Stuart Taylor (Villa), Carlo Nash (Wigan), Ian Walker (Bolton) or Jamie Ashdown (Pompey) who would IMO be available at least on loan, would welcome first team football and more than fill the void left by Fulop.

I wonder if we'd have a chance of getting that Kaspar Schemiceal (sp? :p) if Fulop does not return.

Last edited:
Fulop is an excellent keeper, however I don't believe we should be held to ransom by Sunderland. If we cannot come to a suitable agreement then I would imagine that an alternative target would no doubt be identified. If we cannot agree a deal for Fulop then I would like to see us go after one of the following Stuart Taylor (Villa), Carlo Nash (Wigan), Ian Walker (Bolton) or Jamie Ashdown (Pompey) who would IMO be available at least on loan, would welcome first team football and more than fill the void left by Fulop.

Fulop could be a good investment though, if we paid £2million for him, we could easily see that doubled at the end of the season. Man Ure paid £4 million for Kuszak and he is not in the same league as Fulop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669