January transfer window rumours - bullplop or not!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ipswich are chasing Leicester's £1million-rated centre-back Gareth McAuley. (mirror)

that would be good business as long as we got a replacement. Alot of cash for him

Last edited:
To be honest the only regular right backs we have are Stearman and Chambers, and most on here aren't Stearman fans, and I don't reckon Chambers is that great.

To be honest the only regular right backs we have are Stearman and Chambers, and most on here aren't Stearman fans, and I don't reckon Chambers is that great.

If Connolly is brought in and the rumour about McAuley being chased by Ipswich has some substance......perhaps Ollie is considering Stearman should finally start playing in his natural role (no, not park football) as a centre half what with his imposing stature and brute strength !

Ipswich after Gareth McAuley? See here

I did notice in the BBC Gossip column that it says we're after Paul Connolly, so there could be something in this?

From Setanta Sports:

Preston North End could be set to end to snap up defender Alan Maybury from Leicester City.

The Irish full-back has made just one league appearances for the struggling Foxes this season and new manager Ian Holloway has told the player he is free to leave the midlands club.

Preston, like Leicester, struggling at the foot of the Championship table are keen to bring in some new blood as they look to move up the league, but even if Maybury is to move to Deepdale, the club are adamant that fellow defender Sean St Ledger will not be leaving the club, despite reports linking him with a move.

Preston boss Alan Irvine was quoted by The Lancashire Evening News as saying: “We have had phone calls for players but they are no going anywhere. We need to add players, not lose any.”

Cash-strapped Preston have already lost striker Patrick Agyemang to QPR in the transfer window, while midfielder Simon Whaley and Paul McKenna have also been linked with moves.

Aberdeen defender Michael Hart is a target for Irvine’s club, but he seems more likely to join Championship rivals Plymouth Argyle, opening the door for a move for Maybury, who is available on a free transfer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Plymouth have signed Michael Hart from Aberdeen for £200,000 today....Paul Connolly could be on his way to us I reckon...Hart is a direct replacement as right-back..out of contract this summer and not playing well under Sturrock...Argyle fans think he's shite though....and do we need another right back when we could play always Chambers in his favoured position.?

Plymouth have signed Michael Hart from Aberdeen for £200,000 today....Paul Connolly could be on his way to us I reckon...Hart is a direct replacement as right-back..out of contract this summer and not playing well under Sturrock...Argyle fans think he's shite though....and do we need another right back when we could play always Chambers in his favoured position.?

Can't see it happening, after all IH's talk about the balance of the squad and the number of right backs he would look stupid if he then went and bought another one.

Can't see it happening, after all IH's talk about the balance of the squad and the number of right backs he would look stupid if he then went and bought another one.

Too late........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00