January transfer window rumours - bullplop or not!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone think that Robert Earnshaw might be a good target for city? Hes at derby and has been out of favour at the club... He's a proven goal scorer at this level and scored a few in the Prem too and still only 26 years old... Any thoughts?

In a word, No.

He has not been in the team due to injury.

In a word, No.

He has not been in the team due to injury.

But hes injury free now and derby are trying to buy themselves a life line in the prem so Earnshaw may not get a look in... Surely a proven goalscorer in this division ( just like Howard ) at the age of 26 for a cut price deal would make for a great deal for city.

Last edited:
But hes injury free now and derby are trying to buy themselves a life line in the prem so Earnshaw may not get a look in... Surely a proven goalscorer in this division ( just like Howard ) at the age of 26 for a cut price deal would make for a great deal for city.

But Earnshaw looks like something out of Lord of the Rings..

But Earnshaw looks like something out of Lord of the Rings..

Hahaha Very true and that should be reason enough not to buy him but seeing as how we are trying to get out of the crap we are in this season and building on a good result even Frodo himself should be in the line up if he can bang in a goal or two...

If we were short up front I would agree with you, but Derby paid 3 million for him and would expect to get all of that back, IMO we should have enough options to score goals if the midfield start creating the chances, if we were to be spending money I would prefer it to go on midfielders or a left back.

I can understand his concerns, I bet McAuley will be on £1k at the most. We signed him from Lincoln and when we had next to no money.

Even though they had no transfer fee money when they signed McCauley LCFC were - even then - very competitive in terms of being able to offer good salaries. When the club were broke under Levein/Kelly they still had a top 6 wages budget. This is in the published accounts and not just an opinion.

I sympathise with McCauley's point of view. He is the established, first choice centre half but whilst thinking his contract should be revised upwards, I'm not saying to N'Gotty's level but he probably deserves an increase not least to retain his services. It is not uncommon when players (and managers) become in demand that their contracts are reviewed.

Last edited:
If we were short up front I would agree with you, but Derby paid 3 million for him and would expect to get all of that back, IMO we should have enough options to score goals if the midfield start creating the chances, if we were to be spending money I would prefer it to go on midfielders or a left back.

I dont think derby would expect anywhere near what they paid for him but i agree we should have enough goals in the forwards we have...only one prven goal scorer at this level tho ... ;)

Bullplop certainly does describe this thread.

From a well known site. :icon_wink

Leicester City have been linked with Derby ace Kenny Miller.

Sorry Babs, from a well known site. :icon_wink

Today Leicester City Football Club, will Buy Stephen McPhail From Cradiff For A Fee of around £1 million.

Nonsense . It will be Stephen McWin.

MM does not tolerate the word Phail

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00