January transfer window rumours - bullplop or not!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Roberts and Savage

fulop, mattock, kisnorbo, mcauley, stearman, sheehan, savage, clemence, hume, howard, roberts. subs, henderson, n'gotty, kavanagh, fryatt, john. id be happy, certainly keep us up

That won't be Ollie's plan, he keeps going on about needing wide players, both Sheehan & Hume had spells as wide men yesterday & neither made a decent cross.

The wing is where I would certainly expect additions

Re: Lee Bowyer, anyone?

Oh great. Did this come from the same mongie who said we've bid £4.4m for Savage & Roberts ??

I did hear today that Savage is making a return to City, When i questioned it i got told that it`s deffinitly true, so i dont know.

According to The Telegraph, we have bid £1.25M for Howard.

Leicester have made a £1.25m bid for Derby striker Steve Howard, while moves for Sunderland's Marton Fulop and Graham Kavanagh and Cardiff's Tony Capaldi are also expected. (Daily Mirror, Daily Star)

and leave the ship that has already shunk

Sean%20Connery%20-%20James%20Bond%20copy.jpg

Leicester City are setting up a seven-figure deal for Derby County's Steve Howard
which could be completed today.

And, in another surprise move, City manager Ian Holloway is bringing in his former Plymouth striker Barry Hayles for an undisclosed fee.

This double swoop is in addition to the continuing negotiations with Sunderland for goalkeeper Marton Fulop and midfielder Graham Kavanagh as Holloway bids to strengthen the quality of his squad.

Howard is the major deal, thought to be for a fee of around £1.5m.

The 31-year-old attacker's 19 goals last season were at the heart of Derby's promotion.

But the Rams have not come to terms with the Premier League.

They are bottom of the table after yesterday's defeat against Blackburn in which Howard played, and had a penalty saved, and Holloway thinks Howard will respond to the challenge at City.

Howard is understood to have agreed terms for a three-and-a-half year contract and is seen as the answer to City's goal-scoring problems, having succeeded at this level last season.

He began his career with Tow Law Town and had spells with Hartlepool, Northampton and Luton before joining Derby for £1m in the summer of 2006.

Hayles signed for Holloway's Bristol Rovers in 1997 from Stevenage as his first professional club.

The 35-year-old moved on to Fulham, Sheffield United, and Millwall before his switch to Plymouth 18 months ago.

Both Howard and Hayles could be available for tomorrow's game at QPR if everything is agreed because they could technically be on short-term loans.

City are also actively pursuing the Fulop and Kavanagh deals although the Kavanagh one appears to have the better chance of success. I understand terms for the Irish midfielder are all but agreed.

But the Fulop situation is that City's initial £1m bid does not meet Sunderland's valuation.
In the meantime, Paul Henderson will be back in goal for the game at Loftus Road tomorrow.

But, if the moves for the two strikers go through, most City eyes will be on the other end of the pitch.

http://www.thebluearmy.co.uk/details.asp?back=true&key=1D29|0|2185366269754|R|536|66892631122007360120831&parentkey=1D29|0|2185366269754|p|536|0

Last edited:
So we have practically signed Steve Howard, Barry Hayles, and Graham Kavanagh - all the wrong side of 30!!!

Although we are only going to be able to buy quite decent but old players, or young and shit players. We have tried playing young and shit players and that hasn't worked, so Ollie is going for the MA1 route.

what ollie is doing is balancing the side out, we have alot of young players but they wil get better with the experience players there, i can see players like weso looking up to GK, because he is a midfielder with alot of experience, even howard and hayles can help players like john fryatt hume and campbell show how it is done,

i dont understand the short-term loans which means we are not buying them??

what ollie is doing is balancing the side out, we have alot of young players but they wil get better with the experience players there, i can see players like weso looking up to GK, because he is a midfielder with alot of experience, even howard and hayles can help players like john fryatt hume and campbell show how it is done,

i dont understand the short-term loans which means we are not buying them??

Short term loan... ie. one day, so they can play tomorrow???

The fee and the length of contract for Howard are a bit steep IMO but he's the type of player we need.The signing of Hayles would tell me that John is on his way out

The fee and the length of contract for Howard are a bit steep IMO but he's the type of player we need.The signing of Hayles would tell me that John is on his way out

Yup, fingers crossed we get a taker for Cort... otherwise our squad and wage bill is going to be huge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669