January transfer window rumours - bullplop or not!

Status
Not open for further replies.

spionfox

Re: kavanagh and howard?

I Cant Get Over It!!

I'm so excited and I just can't hide it
I'm about to lose control and I think I like it
I'm so excited and I just can't hide it
And I know I know I know I know I know I want new signings

spionfox

Re: Howard...

...Just missed a pen for Derby but It has just been said on Radio 5 live that this is going to be his last game for the sheep shaggers as "there are rumours flying around the press room" that he will join city by the end of the week.

Spent force. We need better than an immobile lump up front.

mowbray-fox

i personally think he'd be a great signing if ollie gets the wide men in that he says he wants. if they deliver quality, he'll score goals for us.

Socraties

i personally think he'd be a great signing if ollie gets the wide men in that he says he wants. if they deliver quality, he'll score goals for us.

Can't agree more - If the wingers cross the ball well even 50% of the time, this guy will put them away IMO.

spionfox

Can't agree more - If the wingers cross the ball well even 50% of the time, this guy will put them away IMO.

Wasn't Geoff 'The Horse' Horsfield supposed to do that as well?

lee7

scored 17 goals for derby last season in this division and he's a lot better than what horsefield is.

Last edited:

Socraties

I never saw him as a useful anything; battering ram or good centre forward, just a useless pile of crap.
Even then though you could argue, what service did he really have? Stephen Hughes playing wide on the right/left? Porter? Jarrett's deadly passing? :)

Babylon

Yes... did the players provide the crosses or the correct build up play for him though.

NO!

He could be good, he could be bad. There are no guarantees, but he is something we currently don't have. A big man who can control the ball, hold it up and crucially head the ball.

NN Fox

With quality delivery, is he actually any better than the strikers we already have? Apart from being fit of course!

Babylon

With quality delivery, is he actually any better than the strikers we already have? Apart from being fit of course!

At heading... yes he is. We also score shed loads of set plays as it is, with him in the team we will cause even more havoc.

foxin_oz

Re: Kris Commons

Well if Commons is too expensive maybe we should be looking at someone like Jason Puncheon at Barnet, Leeds are interested and have put in a 50,000 bid but surely we could go higher. He can play left or right wing. :icon_conf

Nottingham Fox

Yes.

Howard would be a great signing for us. There are shit loads of strikers that are available, but IMO Howard will fit in with what we have. We need a stiker who has done a job at this level. He fits the bill for me.

He's strong in the air, not the quickest - I agree, but knows where the net is and would work well with Fryatt up front.

Get him in.

NN Fox

Yes.

Howard would be a great signing for us. There are shit loads of strikers that are available, but IMO Howard will fit in with what we have. We need a stiker who has done a job at this level. He fits the bill for me.

He's strong in the air, not the quickest - I agree, but knows where the net is and would work well with Fryatt up front.

Get him in.

His stats are not as exciting as some seem to think. 05/06 for Luton he scored 15 in 45 appearances, 06/07 for Derby 19 in 51 appearances. Yes I know that's better than what we have already but it's not exactly earth shattering is it!

A front two of Howard/Fryatt with a CM pairing of Clemence/Kavanagh looks a bit pedestrian. We would certainly need some quality pace from the other two midfielders.

Nottingham Fox

His stats are not as exciting as some seem to think. 05/06 for Luton he scored 15 in 45 appearances, 06/07 for Derby 19 in 51 appearances. Yes I know that's better than what we have already but it's not exactly earth shattering is it!

A front two of Howard/Fryatt with a CM pairing of Clemence/Kavanagh looks a bit pedestrian. We would certainly need some quality pace from the other two midfielders.

His goal record since the start of the 2001 season is a goal every 2.4 games. Not that bad IMO. He's bagged 15 goals or more in 2 consecutive championship seasons, we've not had a player who has done that for a long long time.

I'm not saying he will be the immediate answer to all of our problems, but I seriously believe he's the type of player who will fit in with what we have/who Ollie will be bringing in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669