January Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well Sorry Matey, i did not know that is contract was terminated!! Sign him up!

Fair dues Spankster!

Yeah, they terminated his deal. Seems a strange decision. I suppose he could have been on very high wages and they wanted him off the books.

I think he'd be a terrific change of pace in midfield. Exactly the sort of creativity we've been lacking.

Of course, he could be a miserable arse who will never be fit. It'd be up to Walshy, Shakespeare and Pearson to make a judgement on his character.

i was talking to a Palace fan today and he is gutted about their situation and fears it could get much worse. he said Nathaniel Clyne is by far the best prospect he has seen in years

He's certainly quality in my Football Manager game. Which obviously is the gold standard by which all players should be judged.

:tumbleweed:

He's a right back isnt he? We could certainly do with a good one.

What position does this Clyde character play then?

And I can't decide between an orangutan joke or a Warren Beatty pun...decisions decisions.

he is a full back

Last edited:
Baz has got a younger brother, Gaz, and some say that one day he'll be even better than Baz. Gaz might be tempted if New Parks Social don't already have an offer on the table.

Gaz is NOT the finished product, give him 2 years at the Soc and he may just make it, but Baz is looking for a fresh start, he feels he has gone a bit stale, and he needs a new exhaust for his Civic. He could be tempted.

i think we should look at George Boyd and Craig McKail-Smith very seriously
They'll want out of Peterborough as things stand, and they are both knocking on the door of the championship team of the year even though they are in its shittest team.

It'll mean pushing the envelope, but they would add a lot to the squad. As we are in the top 3 or 4 supported clubs in the league - and we've got players on lowish wages ( a lot who were bought in in league one) there should be no excuse for not making 2-3 quality signings in January.

We are still - as always - lacking quality in both fullback positions......

If Walsh etc can find players like Tunchev abroad who can do the same/better job for less (Lewandowski?) then i'll gladly go with that!

Still think we should have signed ricky lambert at the start of the season. He's like Howard but 5 years ago (ie he can still move quicker than my nan).

i think we should look at George Boyd and Craig McKail-Smith very seriously.

Agreed that McKail-Smith would be a good signing, he gave us a right run around this season at the Walkers.

But a Peterborough friend of mine says he misses as many as he scores, which is an attribute of Matty Fryatt.

Agreed that McKail-Smith would be a good signing, he gave us a right run around this season at the Walkers.

But a Peterborough friend of mine says he misses as many as he scores, which is an attribute of Matty Fryatt.

Every single striker in the world miss more chances than they score:102:

I wouldn't expect any big signings, we're already over budget.

Stop talking sense, it has no place on this forum :018:

Everyone knows that we are going to go out and spend at least five million on transfer fees alone, plus wages etc.

Now get with the programme and list a few random players who we definitely should be putting in bids for. The fact that we haven't got a pot to piss in is completely irrelevant

Last edited:

What if on Jan 1st, we're sitting 3rd or 4th, within a win of 2nd place, surely MM would be a fool if he didn't spend a few quid to try and achieve his target?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669