JASON MCATEER

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think he could be ggod for us and its only a 1 year contract, he is a good tackler which is what we need.

if our team is this

1) walker-32
2) canero-22
3)heatch-22
4)dublin/dabizaz/elliot-34ish
5)stewart-23
6)scowy-27
7)nalis/mcateer-33ish
8)willaims-23
9)tiatto-31
10)wright-19
11)morris-23

this shows that there is m mixtur eof old players and young ones with potential that could do it in the premier

average age of team is (soz im bored)

26, the thing about this side is there are no players at the best in footballing years expect scowy

if we do go up and replace these old players with quality we can stay up with the youngsters geeting better, a 6/7 million budget will get 5 or 6 good premier players I.M.O

gagandeep said:
i think he could be ggod for us and its only a 1 year contract, he is a good tackler which is what we need.

if our team is this

1) walker-32
2) canero-22
3)heatch-22
5)stewart-23
6)scowy-27
7)nalis/mcateer-33ish
8)willaims-23
9)tiatto-31
10)wright-19
11)morris-23

this shows that there is m mixtur eof old players and young ones with potential that could do it in the premier

26, the thing about this side is there are no players at the best in footballing years expect scowy

if we do go up and replace these old players with quality we can stay up with the youngsters geeting better, a 6/7 million budget will get 5 or 6 good premier players I.M.O

couldnt agree more the squad getting better and better with every signing

Petrescu said:
wright wont be up front and he certainly wont be partnered by Morris he'll be injured.

this is wrights make or break seaon so i think he will be given some kind of chance, i am only looking at the players we have signed

i would have like to have signed tommy smith, but derby have, lucky b@@#%^&ds.

morris wasnt injured for 3 seaons before he came here, he hasnt played yet, so give him a chance, he will do good 4 us next year.
trust me

Alan_theLCFCloon said:
gagandeep said:

if our team is this

1) walker-32
2) canero-22
3)heatch-22
5)stewart-23
6)scowy-27
7)nalis/mcateer-33ish
8)willaims-23
9)tiatto-31
10)wright-19
11)morris-23

finally someone agrees with me, and sees what adams is trying to do

micky is a genius!!!!

Hooray someone who is talking sense nice one gagandeep. I cant understand all the moaning about players we sign, i think half these people had ought to send there CV in to the club and state they can do a better job. Why judge a player before he has played for us. If he does end up being crap then yeah slag him off but not yet. As i said before i would rather get a player like McAteer who we all know about, has played premiership and international football, ok he is getting on a bit and may not be able to hack the premier but showed last season he can do it in 1st Div by helping get Sunderland in to the Play offs.

gagandeep said:
Alan_theLCFCloon said:
gagandeep said:

if our team is this

1) walker-32
2) canero-22
3)heatch-22
5)stewart-23
6)scowy-27
7)nalis/mcateer-33ish
8)willaims-23
9)tiatto-31
10)wright-19
11)morris-23

micky is a genius!!!!
you are a comedian

Petrescu said:
gagandeep said:
Alan_theLCFCloon said:
gagandeep said:

if our team is this

1) walker-32
2) canero-22
3)heatch-22
5)stewart-23
6)scowy-27
7)nalis/mcateer-33ish
8)willaims-23
9)tiatto-31
10)wright-19
11)morris-23

micky is a genius!!!!
you are a comedian

wasnt it micky that got us promoted, agaisnt all the odds, i agree that he did make some mistakes last year, but when we get promoted again(if we do) he will have learned of them. if u want micky to go, who would u get in that is better then him?

if you can look at that team above and think we are going to win promotion then you are having a laugh.

Tiatto has hardly played in 2 years for a poor Man City side.

Dublin is past it... although i think he will be ok at this level.

Mcateer is a liability...he always has been.

Williams does interest me though

your front two are both small men, thats gonna suit our direct style of play. one is an unproven youth player and one is a highly injury prone unknown commodity.

we need 3 or 4 "better" players in that team.

atleast 1 center back presuming dabizas doesnt return. 1 centre mid and 1 left mid and another DECENT striker.

gagandeep said:
Petrescu said:
gagandeep said:
Alan_theLCFCloon said:
gagandeep said:

if our team is this

1) walker-32
2) canero-22
3)heatch-22
5)stewart-23
6)scowy-27
7)nalis/mcateer-33ish
8)willaims-23
9)tiatto-31
10)wright-19
11)morris-23

micky is a genius!!!!
you are a comedian

wasnt it micky that got us promoted, agaisnt all the odds, i agree that he did make some mistakes last year, but when we get promoted again(if we do) he will have learned of them. if u want micky to go, who would u get in that is better then him?
Yes it was. But i do not like the players we are bringing in. Micky said he's looking to bring in younger players. Where are they?

Petrescu said:
gagandeep said:
Petrescu said:
gagandeep said:
Alan_theLCFCloon said:
gagandeep said:

if our team is this

1) walker-32
2) canero-22
3)heatch-22
5)stewart-23
6)scowy-27
7)nalis/mcateer-33ish
8)willaims-23
9)tiatto-31
10)wright-19
11)morris-23

micky is a genius!!!!
you are a comedian

Yes it was. But i do not like the players we are bringing in. Micky said he's looking to bring in younger players. Where are they?

it is hard to find them, but i'm sure he is trying

he should look at young lower leauge players like stead I.M.O.

like stead, scout them thoroughly

like oneill did savage, lennon etc

gagandeep said:
if our team is this

1) walker-32
2) canero-23
3)heath-22
4)dublin(35)/dabizaz(30)/elliot (35) - average: 33
5)stewart-22
6)scowy-28
7)nalis(32)/mcateer(33) - average: 32 1/2
8)willaims-22
9)tiatto-31
10)wright-19
11)morris-24

Sorry, the pedant in me forces me to correct, average age is right though :) .

chrislcfc18 said:
Hooray someone who is talking sense nice one gagandeep. I cant understand all the moaning about players we sign, i think half these people had ought to send there CV in to the club and state they can do a better job. Why judge a player before he has played for us. If he does end up being crap then yeah slag him off but not yet. As i said before i would rather get a player like McAteer who we all know about, has played premiership and international football, ok he is getting on a bit and may not be able to hack the premier but showed last season he can do it in 1st Div by helping get Sunderland in to the Play offs.

But the point is that we don't just want players that'll 'do a job' in Div 1. No doubt Micky has other signings in mind, but so far three of the four (or four of the five if you include the inevitable Wilcox) players might be able to get us promotion but then have to leave/be loaned to lower leagues because they're not good enough for the Premiership and Micky's back in the situation where he has to get 10+ Premiership players over the summer. Not a problem if we're going for the quick-fix solution, but then what is the point in getting rid of one lot of old players and bringing in another. What does Wilcox offer that Guppy doesn't? What does McAteer offer that McKinlay didn't? ... I am hopeful that Micky will sign some younger players in the coming weeks, but at the moment I can't blame anyone for being pessimistic.

Hi all, normally just read but felt like replying to this...

Come on guys, MA ain't stupid, he knows signing old players ain't the way forward. Who wouldn't want a team full of Vicente, Joaquin, Torres, Ronaldo and other young superstars, I am sure MA did look at people like Lawrence, Smith, Bent, Novo and people like that, but maybe its just that they didn't wanna or couldn't come to us... so MA had to go for the alternatives, sign older players. I would rather have some older players playing for us against WH than having to field our under 19's...

Besides, not all old players are shite, Les, Freund, Gups, they all worked hard and battled for us... Dublin, Tiatto and McAteer may not have much skill or technique, but they do have a physical game which suits the first divsion(still think its a much better name), and more importantly, f*ck loads of passion...

And who knows, its july when the contracts are up and players become free, so come the WH game, Dublin, Tiatto and McAteer may only be backups.

And to the guy who didn't get his/her season ticket coz he didnt wanna watch McAteer, call yourself a fan?!!! I cheered the lads on week in week out even when we had Junior Lewis and Akinbiyi...

We are in danger or turning into Job Club,''out of work?,feeling a bit past it? get yourself down to The Walkers,Dion and Jason have,Micky is waiting for you''.I'm a MA fan but at the moment I cannot see the point in most of these signings.

Derby and Joan Club LCFC

highland fox said:
We are in danger or turning into Job Club,''out of work?,feeling a bit past it? get yourself down to The Walkers,Dion and Jason have,Micky is waiting for you''.I'm a MA fan but at the moment I cannot see the point in most of these signings.

:roll: I hear Steve Walsh, Frank Worthington, The Birch and Lenny Glover (When out of prison) are in talks with MA with a view to playing next year! Or maybe I could be wrong as they are much to young!

Keep the Faith and we will win through!! :wink:

I think Dublin will do well for us but Jason "i'm a queer" macateer..

OI NO....

Does this mean we will be signing Phil Babb next so they can hold hands on the pitch..

At this rate i'll have to go watch Linfield play in Belfast, and that is bad.....

Is Speedie still looking for work, we could offer him a monthly contract surely....

Petrescu said:
He's past it and is another one whos going to get sent off at least 2 times a season. Suspension and injuries galore next season. Not a suprise.

McAteer has been sent off ONCE since 1999.

How many of the players we've released/sold have a better record than that?

Personally think it is a good signing, has been an international captain on occasion and is still a solid division 1 player...Adams is clearly mixing youth and experience, if you can't see it you must be f*cking blind...Canero, Heath, Williams, Morris, Stewart...Thats five first teamers...add to that some youth squad members (petrescu, Wright, probably O'Grady). You can't get out of this league with boys, need some experience and as a Republic of Ireland fan I know exactly what Jason can give, scored a very important goal for us against Holland a while back and I feel that in division 1 can score some important goals for city....Instead of slagging off your club and manager why don't we try something novel...supporting it. Weird notion, but trust me it has caught on at other clubs. :evil:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363