JASON MCATEER

Status
Not open for further replies.
What the f*ck do some people except us to sign?! :roll: We can't afford good younger players because they cost money and we can't attract players like Bryan Hughes, Marcus Bent etc. So instead we HAVE to sign 30+ players, it's not Mickys fault.

McAteer was a key regular player in a side that finished 3rd! Not so bad is it?! I've always liked McAteer because he is a ball winner but also likes to get forward. He'll be a fans favourite next season just you watch.

Ricey said:
What the f*ck do some people except us to sign?! :roll: We can't afford good younger players because they cost money and we can't attract players like Bryan Hughes, Marcus Bent etc. So instead we HAVE to sign 30+ players, it's not Mickys fault.

McAtter was a key regular player in a side that finished 3rd! Not so bad is it?! I've always liked McAtter because he is a ball winner but also likes to get forward. He'll be a fans favourite next season just you watch.

You said what I'm thinking mate.

McAteer

I think he'll be another Hignett! Another Rovers reject and another who cant start training tomorrow!

Were good at signing players who were good 10 years ago!!

What fu*king choice do we have for gods sake!!!!!! Some people on here need a serious reality check.

McAteer will do well for us next year. Micky has brought him in to play regular football, not sit on the bench week in week out.

I agree, fans favourite next season.

Nottingham Fox said:
McAteer will do well for us next year. Micky has brought him in to play regular football, not sit on the bench week in week out.

I agree, fans favourite next season.

:D Well done City, McAteer will prove to be a very big signing. :lol: :lol:

Just dis-appointed only 1 year contract though, maybe were paying him well and dont want him on the books next year if we don´t go up.

Another excellant Micky Adams signing.
The perfect replacement for Freund. Fans favourite.

FNQ said:
Another excellant Micky Adams signing.
The perfect replacement for Freund. Fans favourite.

i wouldnt say excellent, but yeah he will be a goodish signing I.M.O

I'm a bit miffed by this signing. It's all good and well saying we need experienced players (I'm happy with the Dublin signing incidentally) but according to a couple of Sunlun fans I talk to occasionally, McAteer was a liability for them last year and nowhere near good enough. Of course this brings people to say that we can only afford to get freebies, well why the **** do we get linked with £500k bids for people like Novo then? Also in the longer term picture he'll just have to get replaced in 1 or 2 years time. I disagree with this notion of 'we can't attract this player' when you can probably predict the said player will probably end up at a Wigan or a Reading a few weeks later. In a lot of cases if the manager wanted a player enough, he would do all he could to get him, we seem to be settling for 2nd best as it stands.

Martyn said:
I'm a bit miffed by this signing. It's all good and well saying we need experienced players (I'm happy with the Dublin signing incidentally) but according to a couple of Sunlun fans I talk to occasionally, McAteer was a liability for them last year and nowhere near good enough. Of course this brings people to say that we can only afford to get freebies, well why the **** do we get linked with £500k bids for people like Novo then? Also in the longer term picture he'll just have to get replaced in 1 or 2 years time. I disagree with this notion of 'we can't attract this player' when you can probably predict the said player will probably end up at a Wigan or a Reading a few weeks later. In a lot of cases if the manager wanted a player enough, he would do all he could to get him, we seem to be settling for 2nd best as it stands.

We could be linked with a 20million pound move for rooney but it doesn't mean it's true and it doesn't mean we have 20million to spend does it!!!!

Martyn said:

Spot on.

Foxes Trust site said:
Like Tiatto, McAteer does seem to appear in the referee’s book frequently, last season averaging a booking every other game. It also looks as though McAteer manages to chip in with the odd goal each season and goals from all members of the team could be more significant given the departures from our strike force of recent seasons.

So 4 signings so far, with ages of 22, 35, 31 and 33, the average is again over 30. Is Micky treading a familiar path ?

Most fans would accept that additions would have to be a mixture of experience and youth, the various rumored signings to come seem to feature even more 30 something’s which is causing some concern.

Thinking back to our most successful promotion team of recent years that was built around a relative inexperienced but promising midfield of Lennon, Izzet & Savage. While Gareth Williams certainly fits into the promising category but with far more experience, it is hoped that Micky can make his own discoveries which shine in the coming season, maybe one of the many scouting trips abroad will finally pay off.

And the quote from the Trust site is spot on. McAteer was hardly a regular in the last two seasons and still managed to pick up several cards.

MON offered a blueprint for the Club and no-one seems smart enough to build another good side on the back of it.

I'll give McAteer the benefit of the doubt, but it is yet another signing that is not quickening the pulse, keeping my faith or giving me hope.

Steven said:
Martyn said:

Spot on.

Foxes Trust site said:
Like Tiatto, McAteer does seem to appear in the referee’s book frequently, last season averaging a booking every other game. It also looks as though McAteer manages to chip in with the odd goal each season and goals from all members of the team could be more significant given the departures from our strike force of recent seasons.

So 4 signings so far, with ages of 22, 35, 31 and 33, the average is again over 30. Is Micky treading a familiar path ?

Most fans would accept that additions would have to be a mixture of experience and youth, the various rumored signings to come seem to feature even more 30 something’s which is causing some concern.

Thinking back to our most successful promotion team of recent years that was built around a relative inexperienced but promising midfield of Lennon, Izzet & Savage. While Gareth Williams certainly fits into the promising category but with far more experience, it is hoped that Micky can make his own discoveries which shine in the coming season, maybe one of the many scouting trips abroad will finally pay off.

And the quote from the Trust site is spot on. McAteer was hardly a regular in the last two seasons and still managed to pick up several cards.

MON offered a blueprint for the Club and no-one seems smart enough to build another good side on the back of it.

I'll give McAteer the benefit of the doubt, but it is yet another signing that is not quickening the pulse, keeping my faith or giving me hope.

I'm with you there Steven (for once :wink: ) I just hope that MA can sign some players like MON did with Muzzy, Lennon and alike, which I think he has with Canero, Morris and I hope Williams the only problem is spending money on a 'risk', with players like McAteer you know what you are getting. MA will always do what he thinks is best for the club, if he pisses some of the fans off so be it, he will never be able to keep all of us happy, if it works then we are 8)

Petrescu said:
Its good someone can see sense. FoxesTrust know what they're on about.

as do i :roll:

maybe you or the trust could donate the 2million it cost to buy savage lennon and izzet.

But when we bought them they didn't cost millions,we made them into million pound players.It's an investment.Saying that I doubt we have even £500,000 to spend,we are ultimately 'without a pot to piss in'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757