JASON MCATEER

Status
Not open for further replies.
highland fox said:
But when we bought them they didn't cost millions,we made them into million pound players.It's an investment.Saying that I doubt we have even £500,000 to spend,we are ultimately 'without a pot to piss in'

they cost 2 mil in total is what i meant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well just one would do,hopefully Williams is that one.I fear we will not be 'buying' any players until we know how much he is to cost.The most dissapointing thing is we can't seem to compete with the likes of Sunderland,they get Lawrence and we get their cast-off

Babylon said:
Petrescu said:
Its good someone can see sense. FoxesTrust know what they're on about.

as do i :roll:

maybe you or the trust could donate the 2million it cost to buy savage lennon and izzet.

The market is much lower than when these three were signed. Could probably get them for much less now. :wink:

Steven said:
Babylon said:
Petrescu said:
Its good someone can see sense. FoxesTrust know what they're on about.

as do i :roll:

maybe you or the trust could donate the 2million it cost to buy savage lennon and izzet.

The market is much lower than when these three were signed. Could probably get them for much less now. :wink:

Sorry but its not that different, Lennon cost £750,000 and was wanted by coventry as well as us and they were a premier team . You try and buy any highly rated player and you will be paying £500,000 minimum!!!!

The only way the market is different is that there are more out of contract players. The problem is then that you have 10/15 clubs after the same player.

Being entirely honest, I've never liked or rated Trigger, even when he was part of the Liverpool side of the mid 90's (the Spice Boy era). He stuck me as talentless, but with some commitment and energy in his play.

However, I am currently with a load of Birmingham fans who have just pointed out to me that they said the same of Savage when he signed for them.

Therefore, whilst not particularly happy/impressed with the signing, I am more than prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt - for the time being anyway!!.

Nothing would give me greater pleasure than having to hold my hands up later on in the season and say what a great addition he proved to be.

Also, I hated Freund until he'd actually played for us and showed what a top man he was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363