JASON MCATEER

Status
Not open for further replies.
martinavins said:
I think Dublin will do well for us but Jason "i'm a queer" macateer..

OI NO....

Does this mean we will be signing Phil Babb next so they can hold hands on the pitch..

At this rate i'll have to go watch Linfield play in Belfast, and that is bad.....

Is Speedie still looking for work, we could offer him a monthly contract surely....

If you don't fancy supporting Leicester then go do that!

Moan Moan Moan Moan Moan Moan Moan Moan Moan Moan Moan Moan Moan Moan Moan Moan Moan Moan Moan Moan Moan Moan Moan Moan Moan Moan :twisted:

There are plenty of young players in this club...some of us just don't want to see it...I'll level though...give MA and the players he picks a chance before you slag them off. We don't have bucket loads of cash, probably never will, but if we can get out of this league by any means necessary then we will look a lot better. McAteer can still kick it...trust

SilverFox said:
Moan Moan Moan Moan Moan Moan Moan Moan Moan Moan Moan Moan Moan Moan Moan Moan Moan Moan Moan Moan Moan Moan Moan Moan Moan Moan :twisted:

There are plenty of young players in this club...some of us just don't want to see it...I'll level though...give MA and the players he picks a chance before you slag them off. We don't have bucket loads of cash, probably never will, but if we can get out of this league by any means necessary then we will look a lot better. McAteer can still kick it...trust

An excellent signing! Can't understand why so many of you are unhappy about this. Watched him play for Ireland in an International this year and he still has a lot to offer. Adams has brought plenty of young players in and has mixed in some experience...he has done what hes said...got to agree with you silva, there are far too many moaning anal sods out there :) Lighten up, granted we don't have magic Muzzy, but aside from that the squad already looks better than it did last time we were in division one...with the exception of strike force perhaps, but I'm sure Micky will strengthen that before the season begins.

Also the wage budget has been significantly slashed...anyone worried about what we will do if we go up again, stop! We will have a smaller wage budget from this year...I.e. 9 mil (as opposed to the 15 million or so we had to pay players last time we went up) , which means we will be able to spend more money on players when we get back to the prem! If we were stable on a budget of 15 million last time we were in the prem it means we should be able to spend up to 15 million next time we go up (i.e. roughly 6 million)

To do this we must first get promoted...Adams is doing his best to try to assure this, and I for one am pleased with all of the signing so far...Keep up the good work Micky

Oh and Petrescu...give optimism a chance mate! It really isn't so bad :D Some of the happiest people alive smile! (except the joker...Sick F**K) :lol:

Batman said:
Oh and Petrescu...give optimism a chance mate! It really isn't so bad :D Some of the happiest people alive smile! (except the joker...Sick F**K) :lol:

I don't smile :(

:D

JKFOX said:
how do you work that out???? where did sunderland finish last year?

hes well past it, its not good taking a mid-table first division sides cast offs.

i saw him on tv 2 or 3 times last year and in every game he got skinned for pace and he wrecklessly chopped the player down getting a booking each time. he is CRAP!

i'm glad i haven't bought a season ticket, i wouldnt spend my money to watch tripe like him.

Also glad you haven't bought a season ticket...Moaning git :lol: I hear the prawn sandwiches at man u are pretty good :oops:

Batman said:
I have been optimistic in the past.
Last summer i thought we'd go down and we did but during that season i was optimistic after we signed Marcus Bent, after the Leeds win and during November. So i have gave it a few chances :roll: I just cant see any spark in the team, to say i've spent 300 quid to watch the over 30s im not in the slightest bit happy with what Micky is doing.

Teeno said:
Batman said:

I don't smile :(

:D

You haven't seen the new Wolves shirt then!!! Pissed my sides :lol:

Petrescu said:
Batman said:
I have been optimistic in the past.
Last summer i thought we'd go down and we did but during that season i was optimistic after we signed Marcus Bent, after the Leeds win and during November. So i have gave it a few chances :roll: I just cant see any spark in the team, to say i've spent 300 quid to watch the over 30s im not in the slightest bit happy with what Micky is doing.

Yeah OK but at the moment five first teamers are well under 30 years old. Williams is in the bag, Canero, Heath, Stewart, Morris (who before joining us went for about two seasons without injury & will recover)

I haven't even added any of the youth squad to that, i.e. wright, O'Grady, Steerman, Your name sake.

I see youth my friend, open your mind :shock:

I haven't even added any of the youth squad to that, i.e. wright, O'Grady, Steerman, Your name sake.

I see youth my friend, open your mind :shock:
I've been waiting 3 years for some youth progress since i started taking a big interest in the academy and ever since i did nothing is happening. That is why im so down and pissed off about it, ive seen players like petrescu/wright/ogrady/stearman/wesolowski progress from u-17's to reserves in a year and i fear for their future under Adams.

I quite like McAteer.

Remember one match between sunderland vs man utd and he had a good argument with Roy Keane.

Sure he is getting on a bit but it is only a one-year contract.

Petrescu, so far all i have read about your comments have been moan moan moan moan moan. Why is this?? MA is doing the best he can in bringing in players he feels wi;ll do the job on getting us back in to the prem and looking at the strike force we have got, on paper it looks a doddle. We have Ferdinand, Dublin (depending on whether he is needed at the back), Morris, Wright if thats not a mixture of young and old then what is. I have supported this club through thick and thin and i know you dont get a quick fix in 5 mins it takes time. For me i would love us to go back to the glory days of the mid nineties but you have to give it time.

No one can win with you, we sign players you moan we dont you still moan. So who would you realistically like appear for the club. I think MA has done pretty well so far and im more than happy with the signings we have made. The time to start moaning is if the team under performs and not before

IF and is a (BIG IF) we manage to get promoted, we're gonna have to buy another shed load of cheep players to replace the players like Mcateer and Dublin that won't be capable in the Prem. I'll sooner us have a go with future prospects at half the wages.

Anyway, We need a Steve or two. We always do well with a Steve. (Walsh, Lynex, Guppy, Simms, Whitworth, .........)

chrislcfc18 said:
Morris, Wright
How many games have these 2 "first choice????" strikers played for us? Wright played 0 games last season, Morris was here for 6 months and also played 0 games. Dublin hasnt played up front for more than a year. And Ferdinand is 38 years old.

Its shocking.

chrislcfc18 said:
Petrescu, so far all i have read about your comments have been moan moan moan moan moan. Why is this?? MA is doing the best he can in bringing in players he feels wi;ll do the job on getting us back in to the prem and looking at the strike force we have got, on paper it looks a doddle. We have Ferdinand, Dublin (depending on whether he is needed at the back), Morris, Wright if thats not a mixture of young and old then what is. I have supported this club through thick and thin and i know you dont get a quick fix in 5 mins it takes time. For me i would love us to go back to the glory days of the mid nineties but you have to give it time.

No one can win with you, we sign players you moan we dont you still moan. So who would you realistically like appear for the club. I think MA has done pretty well so far and im more than happy with the signings we have made. The time to start moaning is if the team under performs and not before

Get used to it mate!! :wink:

Orifice said:
IF and is a (BIG IF) we manage to get promoted, we're gonna have to buy another shed load of cheep players to replace the players like Mcateer and Dublin that won't be capable in the Prem. I'll sooner us have a go with future prospects at half the wages.

*IF* we get promoted we might be able to start buying players again. But until that happens we'll be looking for freebies, or very cheap transfers.

It's all very well saying you'd rather have younger players on half the wages, but young players who are good enough will cost money to buy, and the lower wages won't necessarily make it cheaper.

If for example an older player on a free is getting £5,000 a week, and a young player £3,000 a week, over the course of a year you only save £100,000 in wages. Any young player who costs only £100,000 is unlikely to be good enough.

I'm sure some of the younger players already at the club will get a chance next season, lets hope they're good enough.

chrislcfc18 said:
He has agreed to sign for us on a one year contract. Apologise if this has already been brought up

Nothing special really except the fact he will bring in even more experience. Looks like we was all wrong about Micky, seems to be bringing in old faces again :(

buzzer_b said:
chrislcfc18 said:
He has agreed to sign for us on a one year contract. Apologise if this has already been brought up

Nothing special really except the fact he will bring in even more experience. Looks like we was all wrong about Micky, seems to be bringing in old faces again :(

he will bring in younger players as well, he did say it will be a mix, we already have 5/6 young players that will be in the first team next year ie:canero,stewart,morris,heath,wright,williams etc

webmaster said:
Orifice said:

*IF* we get promoted we might be able to start buying players again. But until that happens we'll be looking for freebies, or very cheap transfers.

It's all very well saying you'd rather have younger players on half the wages, but young players who are good enough will cost money to buy, and the lower wages won't necessarily make it cheaper.

If for example an older player on a free is getting £5,000 a week, and a young player £3,000 a week, over the course of a year you only save £100,000 in wages. Any young player who costs only £100,000 is unlikely to be good enough.

I'm sure some of the younger players already at the club will get a chance next season, lets hope they're good enough.

Fair call Webbo.

I do think that we'll do Ok in 'The Championship' and Mick The Adams did ok with the same format 2 seasons ago.

Onwards And Upwards

Orifice said:

Anyway, We need a Steve or two. We always do well with a Steve. (Walsh, Lynex, Guppy, Simms, Whitworth, .........)

Hey ! you may be right there Orifice !

Claridge, Thompson, Earle.... I think you've found the formula !!

Ah no, bugger, I've just remembered Moran & Kember oh and Corica..

Back to the drawing board.

In fact, back to the topic, give McAteer a chance at least. we wanted a ball winner with passion, well here he is

jasonmcateer.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469