Jay Spearing

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd hardly count Martin as being "amazing". He was a decent keeper, nothing more than that.

And what about the amazing player we signed from Liverpool that was Astrit Ajdarevic?

And why would it be of any importance whatsoever that we have signed good players from Liverpool in the past?

Really like what I've seen of spearing. Good engine and good distribution. Only going to get better.

If we can continue to build a talented young squad the future really is bright.

Personally I'd like the core of the squad to be:

Weale
Logan

Morrison
Hobbs
Berner
Tunchev (If we can get him fit!)
Bruce
Solano

King
Wellens
Spearing
Dyer
N'Guessan

Vaughan
Gallagher
Fryatt
Howard

To that I would like us to add a central midfielder, a right winger and waghorn on loan.

There can't be many squads in the championship with as much youthful potential.

I'd hardly count Martin as being "amazing". He was a decent keeper, nothing more than that.

And what about the amazing player we signed from Liverpool that was Astrit Ajdarevic?

I was meaning more towards Hobbs being amazing and i didn't know Astrit was from liverpool, i thought he was from a club in Sweden. But although Martin wasn't amazing he was a pretty decent Keeper

I was meaning more towards Hobbs being amazing and i didn't know Astrit was from liverpool, i thought he was from a club in Sweden. But although Martin wasn't amazing he was a pretty decent Keeper

It was Liverpool that signed him from a club in Sweden: Falkenbergs FF.

Really like what I've seen of spearing. Good engine and good distribution. Only going to get better.

If we can continue to build a talented young squad the future really is bright.

Personally I'd like the core of the squad to be:

Weale
Logan

Morrison
Hobbs
Berner
Tunchev (If we can get him fit!)
Bruce
Solano

King
Wellens
Spearing
Dyer
N'Guessan

Vaughan
Gallagher
Fryatt
Howard

To that I would like us to add a central midfielder, a right winger and waghorn on loan.

There can't be many squads in the championship with as much youthful potential.

No room for Nicky Adams (and dare I say it - Yann?)

Just playing devil's advocate, neither of them are first team material imo but may do something for the squad. Agree on the three signings, if not Waghorn we need a striker certainly.

Just wondering, if Cardiff are going to be in as much sh*t as everybody says, will they be looking to shift Chopra, Bothroyd, Whittingham? Only players in their squad worth any real money and I can't see them attracting the attention of many Premiership sides (Blackpool excepted). Think what you like to them as characters, they're three very impressive Championship players. Time for the vultures?

Bothroyd I've been most impressed with from them but financial trouble or not, I doubt we'll have the finances ourselves to pick one of those up. A couple of astute freebies and cheap up and coming players will do me. Spearing, Koren, Phillips??

Last edited:
No room for Nicky Adams (and dare I say it - Yann?)

Just playing devil's advocate, neither of them are first team material imo but may do something for the squad. Agree on the three signings, if not Waghorn we need a striker certainly.

Just wondering, if Cardiff are going to be in as much sh*t as everybody says, will they be looking to shift Chopra, Bothroyd, Whittingham? Only players in their squad worth any real money and I can't see them attracting the attention of many Premiership sides (Blackpool excepted). Think what you like to them as characters, they're three very impressive Championship players. Time for the vultures?

If Cardiff do get potless, we should definately have a punt at Chopra and Whittingham, i didn't think much of Bothroyd in the games he played against us, imo.

a) Cardiff are supposed to be getting a new owner (seen at the game yesterday)

b) Where exactly would we find the money to afford any of those named above?

Whittingham, Ledley and Chopra are all Premiership bound I reckon - providing the takeover at Cardiff doesn't happen.

Yeah I think all 3 will go, Whittingham and Chopra to promoted teams and Ledley to a Bolton/Blackburn type.

Yeah I think all 3 will go, Whittingham and Chopra to promoted teams and Ledley to a Bolton/Blackburn type.

Chopra back to Newcastle?!

I could see Bothroyd going to a Bolton/Blackburn - IMO they could both do with another big physical striker and he fits the bill.

Chopra back to Newcastle?!

I could see Bothroyd going to a Bolton/Blackburn - IMO they could both do with another big physical striker and he fits the bill.

Chopra would never be welcomed back to Newcastle so I can't imagine Hughton wanting to shoot himself in the foot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669