Jordon has gone to Watford

Status
Not open for further replies.
SilverFox said:
Me too, that why it is a good thing Jordan has gone. Whilst he had good games (and may I add I liked Jordan and never once got on his case), he was very inconsistent!

As for signing SPL players, if they are of the calibre of Maybury and Hughes I will be happy as a pig in Sh*t!!! Levein knows defenders, he knows what makes a good defender because he himself was class...if he doesn't think Jordan has it I trust him.

But if they are the calibre of Mark De Shite then we will all be in the shit.......

I am slightly gutted Jordan has gone, he wasn't very good at going past people with the ball at his feet but he was fast and had a decent left peg. One of our better players over the whole season last year.

Never really sensed he was happy at the club he dragged his feet over signing a new contract when we were in the Prem. Oh well end of his career now.

Fecking good luck to him, I hope the young man becomes a quality footballer and doesn't have to endure the 5hite he received from sections of our crowd.

125k way undervalued I wish we would stop selling players cheaply, He underperformed because the crowd were on his back his potential was shown away to man city and at 23 I would have expected at least 500k for the player.

Chrysalis said:
125k way undervalued I wish we would stop selling players cheaply, He underperformed because the crowd were on his back his potential was shown away to man city and at 23 I would have expected at least 500k for the player.

Kevin Phillips only went for £750k and he is a proven goalscorer in the Prem.

MKFox said:
Fecking good luck to him, I hope the young man becomes a quality footballer and doesn't have to endure the 5hite he received from sections of our crowd.

well said MK... after the abuse he got at the Britannia last season i'd say "fcuk you" to those supporters and move on too... I know there are many differing opinions on him but i'm a little sad he's gone... I know there's no room for sentiment in modern football and nostalgia doesn't win you matches but Jordan was the only player who'd been at Filbo/The Walkers for any half decent length of time, in fact he was the only one of the current squad who ever did play at Filbo (Before any smartass suggests that the likes of Dublin, Wilcox etc also played at Filbo, I know thay did but not for us they didn't).
For some reason it always sticks out in my mind the day we lost to Chelsea in the cup down at The Bridge (no, not "THAT" time...), the time when the living legend that is Super Stevie Walsh chinned that dirty fcuker Sutton after he'd blatantly fouled Phil Gilchrist in the lead up to their second goal. if memeory serves me correct Jordan, along with Arnar (Where the hell is he these days???) combined to set up big Matty for his Ronaldinho style quick feet turn and slot into the bottom corner... Good luck Jordan. don't think you're gonna reach the Premiership with Watford, in fact i'd bet my kidney that you won't, but have fun trying (That's if your shoulder doesn't pop out again for the 89th time)...

Last edited:
More high wages off the bill....thats gotta help the cause!! He sometimes looked half decent but not for the kind of money he would have been on , now lets see who comes in!!

its a bit of a shame, i thought he was an ok player - was starting to look pretty solid and had pace and attacked, 2 things a lot of our players dont do. its a pity he never lived up to the flashes of skill which suggested he had really huge potential.

having said all that im wondering if his departure was contract related - made a massive issue bout signing his last contract and as his current one is up in a season maybe he was messing about and levein decided to get some cash for him while he could. 125,000 seems low but i think its just the way the transfer market is these days. hopefully will give levein a spending boost

Must say this has taken me a bit by surprise! However I do think he is another,like Heath and Wright, that hasn't progressed as much as his potential threatened a few seasons back.
There are some City fans he wouldn't be able to win over even if he had scored a hat-trick every week. Good luck to the guy and I'm sure he raises a digit to those aforementioned fans.
(I reckon he's slightly deluded if he thinks Watford are an up and coming club going for the premiership!!!)

Arguably one of the brighter prospects at the club; however due to fickle fans he had had enough I hear, so he's done the right thing.

I don't think we would've got anything much out of him this term, especially if fans got on his back.

alex said:
Arguably one of the brighter prospects at the club; however due to fickle fans he had had enough I hear, so he's done the right thing.

I don't think we would've got anything much out of him this term, especially if fans got on his back.

yeh i agree, he was very inconsistant and thats just not what you need in a small squad of say 20 players. He was a good player on his best days but the money may help to bring in one of the infamous 4.

Good bit of business - I think the price is realistic as things stand today.

Another of the heath and Wright ilk, that never lived up to their promise. The fans that got on his back didn't help him much either.

Mo Camara would have been a great signing - this shows that Levein is targeting quality young players.

Anyone remember when Jordon was playing (i think it was away at Arsenal) in one of the first games he played in, and Chris Kamera came on sky sport and says something similer to 'I've jsut seen Englands next left back'! in his usual excited way!
What happened to him!

TommyK said:
Anyone remember when Jordon was playing (i think it was away at Arsenal) in one of the first games he played in, and Chris Kamera came on sky sport and says something similer to 'I've jsut seen Englands next left back'! in his usual excited way!
What happened to him!

He still works for SKY doesn't he...

alex said:

I'd agree with that - its in his interests to move on and he is young enough to develop some of his potential - but you sense that this wasn't going to happen for him at Leicester.

Taken over the last two or three years - the turnover of players has been pretty amazing - its got to start to change soon if the club is going to make any sort of progress.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566