Just realised that I'm ****ed.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it is massively missleading to tell the lad that education essentially counts for **** all.

Nobody said education counts for **** all. Exam results mean **** all, big difference.

I'm very educated, but I've never bothered my arse with worrying about exams

Whoever gives the best interview. End of story.

We wouldn't give an interview to someone with no degree or at least 5 years experience in the field. And why should we, there are plenty of people out there who have applied themselves.

I guess it's sometimes about whether you are prepared to play ball with the system. It would help us to help him if we knew what field he wanted to go into.

After many years of interviewing candidates I can vouch for the fact that its not always the size of the tits that matters. Presentation is equally important.
You clearly have never run interviews for Hooters.

After many years of interviewing candidates I can vouch for the fact that its not always the size of the tits that matters. Presentation is equally important.

A Wonderbra and a low-cut top?

We wouldn't give an interview to someone with no degree or at least 5 years experience in the field.

Then you work for a short sighted firm. A degree is no guarantee of anything.
Besides, if I wanted an interview, I'd just lie about having a degree. As long as I was confident that I was able to do the job.

or puts apostrophes in GCSEs

:icon_bigg

and English is wank choice of A level anyway, do a man's subject, you'll get a job

There us nothing wrong with A level English (not bias since I did not take it)..
My experience is that the best choices for jobs are Physics and Law (that is not bias since neither of them were my subjects).
The next tier of subjects are the traditional ones English, Maths, History, Geography, Biology, Chemistry etc.
The poorest students choose Media Studies, Business Studies, PE and Religious Studies.

Obviously these are generalisations and there will be exceptions.

There is something to be said for "the university of life" but sadly by the time you graduate from that you are no longer young.

I failed my GCSEs because my head wasn't around working hard at the time. I got one B, one C, four Ds and two Es.

After sitting down and realising I wanted to do better I went to college to get more (2 As and 2 Cs) doing A Levels there (A and 2 Bs) and then on to University. I went to the University of Nottingham which at the time had the most applications per place available in the country and got a 2:1.

One of the original Ds was for English Literature which I retook getting an A and then did at A Level getting an A again. The point is that if you want to achieve it isn't too late.

Then you work for a short sighted firm. A degree is no guarantee of anything.
Besides, if I wanted an interview, I'd just lie about having a degree. As long as I was confident that I was able to do the job.

Not really, whenever we advertise for a web development position we get about 30 applications, we can only inteview so many. Those that have a degree show that they have applied themselves consistently to something. I would also expect someone who has a degree in a relevant field to have more knowledge and be able to hit the ground running more than someone who has knocked up a few websites in his bedroom.

Plus if he ever wants to go into teaching not only will he need a degree at 2_1 level he will need GCSE in English, Math and Science at C or above.

I did really well in my GCSEs, ****ed up my A-Levels through not trying and now work as an Insurance Broker.

The moral of the story, work hard and don't become an Insurance Broker. :icon_bigg

oh and btw

i got four A grade A levels, then spent the whole of university on the lash and ballsed up my degree

consequently my first job in London was putting things in envelopes and my second was photocopying and i had to work my way up and i earnt p1ss all for ages

I didn't know you were in drugs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670