Just realised that I'm ****ed.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would also expect someone who has a degree in a relevant field to have more knowledge and be able to hit the ground running more than someone who has knocked up a few websites in his bedroom.

Erm... possibly, only possibly, but who mentioned 'knocking up a few websites in a bedroom'?
What about somebody that has a proven, consistent record, in the industry, with real world experience, but without any pretty pieces of paper to wave around?

Plus if he ever wants to go into teaching not only will he need a degree at 2_1 level he will need GCSE in English, Math and Science at C or above.

Well, if that's true, that has only cast my view in concrete. Considering the idiot, ****wit teachers that I had to deal with, I'm even more convinced that a degree is meaningless.

Erm... possibly, only possibly, but who mentioned 'knocking up a few websites in a bedroom'?
What about somebody that has a proven, consistent record, in the industry, with real world experience, but without any pretty pieces of paper to wave around?

Well, if that's true, that has only cast my view in concrete. Considering the idiot, ****wit teachers that I had to deal with, I'm even more convinced that a degree is meaningless.

**** 'em!

I said we'd interview people with lots of experience in the industry, we just wouldn't be prepared to give them that experience if they didn't have it.

It's only a relatively (10 years or so I believe) recent requirement, a seemingly large portion of the older teachers are jaded and useless from what I have heard.

So did he get the book or what?

Thanks for the advice in earlier thread Rhydal and everyone else who has said postivie things, and even BG for being honest!

Yes, I got the book from the payzone moments before the exam, first half of the exam was awful but second half wasn't too bad hopefully I can salvage some kind of grade from this exam.

Harbs mate, do you have any idea what you want to become? Do you want to go to uni, get a degree and then work in that specific field?

When I was 17 I was in a very similar situation. I spent hours on this site and working part-time, and ended up doing no revision whatsoever, and failed the first year of my A-Levels. Had I not been so lazy and had I revised properly I know I'd have gone onto uni and onto bigger and better things.

I had a part-time job which I was more bothered about, I enjoyed earning money and being able to afford my own season ticket and going out. I ****ed my education away for the money. Big mistake. I'm now 21, been unemployed for 8 months with no real qualifications. The only thing I know is retail work and there's **** all out there at the minute.

I made the mistake of wasting my education away and even at 21 I know my life could and would be so much better if it wasn't for that. I hate myself for letting myself get into this situation that I'm currently in, I know it's no-one's fault but my own; and I really don't want to see other people fall into the same trap that I have.

You still have the chance and the opportunity to resurrect your education - take it. You don't want to be in the situation I'm in, believe me.

Harbs mate, do you have any idea what you want to become? Do you want to go to uni, get a degree and then work in that specific field?

When I was 17 I was in a very similar situation. I spent hours on this site and working part-time, and ended up doing no revision whatsoever, and failed the first year of my A-Levels. Had I not been so lazy and had I revised properly I know I'd have gone onto uni and onto bigger and better things.

I had a part-time job which I was more bothered about, I enjoyed earning money and being able to afford my own season ticket and going out. I ****ed my education away for the money. Big mistake. I'm now 21, been unemployed for 8 months with no real qualifications. The only thing I know is retail work and there's **** all out there at the minute.

I made the mistake of wasting my education away and even at 21 I know my life could and would be so much better if it wasn't for that. I hate myself for letting myself get into this situation that I'm currently in, I know it's no-one's fault but my own; and I really don't want to see other people fall into the same trap that I have.

You still have the chance and the opportunity to resurrect your education - take it. You don't want to be in the situation I'm in, believe me.

Cheers MHS interesting read, I'm sure you'll find a job soon in retail.

I have no idea want I want to be when I grow up no, I don't want to go uni mainly as I don't see the point in going with exactly no idea what I want to do.

This is my problem I think I just don't know what I want to do in life, I don't enjoy any of the subjects I do and sit there looking at the clock in most of them.

So do you Tom-can still make another go of A-Levels if you're determined enough

It's an option I'm seriously debating. I'm giving myself til the end of August - I can survive up until then with the money I currently have in my bank.

It's not what I want to do at all but I really do have no other choice.

So do you Tom-can still make another go of A-Levels if you're determined enough

Cheers mate, just about getting by with these A-levels, after the way I have been feeling in previous days, I really hope I scrape by this year and push on next. If I fail this year I'm going to have to attempt to get a full time job.

Aha - My names Tom, got confused!

Last edited:
Cheers MHS interesting read, I'm sure you'll find a job soon in retail.

I have no idea want I want to be when I grow up no, I don't want to go uni mainly as I don't see the point in going with exactly no idea what I want to do.

This is my problem I think I just don't know what I want to do in life, I don't enjoy any of the subjects I do and sit there looking at the clock in most of them.

I was the same mate, didn't know what I wanted to do and didn't fancy the whole uni thing.

However, I still don't know what I want to do. I've got mates that are now finishing uni with a degree under their belts and with a chance of becoming something. That's the worst thing about it, believe me.

It doesn't matter if you don't enjoy a subject, you have to try your damned hardest in them all. Stick at them regardless of how little you enjoy them. They will get you somewhere in the end.

Two years hard work at school/college will be well worth it, by then hopefully you will have decent grades and qualifications and know what you want to become. I wish I'd done the same, I wouldn't like to see you have the same problems as me.

Perhaps even more important than getting the grades is to make sure you get as much different ass as you can, once you are married it's over, and you are ****ed (so to speak)

Harbs as a teacher im hearing this a lot. there are lots of options out there and if things don't go well you can retake.

Have you done Science yet? if not is there a topic you are not sure on.

I can't retake at RSS anyway, so many year 11s going into sixth form that they won't let the people who fail in lower sixth retake.

No, I don't do Science, thanks a lot anyway.

I was the same mate, didn't know what I wanted to do and didn't fancy the whole uni thing.

However, I still don't know what I want to do. I've got mates that are now finishing uni with a degree under their belts and with a chance of becoming something. That's the worst thing about it, believe me.

It doesn't matter if you don't enjoy a subject, you have to try your damned hardest in them all. Stick at them regardless of how little you enjoy them. They will get you somewhere in the end.

Two years hard work at school/college will be well worth it, by then hopefully you will have decent grades and qualifications and know what you want to become. I wish I'd done the same, I wouldn't like to see you have the same problems as me.

Cheers mate, actually helps to get different peoples opinions and hear your experiences.

I'm going to just see what happens with these A-level grades, take it from there mate. I don't see the point in staying on though as I'm predicted D's and E's, they are not going to get you anywhere so its just a waste of two years really.

Cheers mate, actually helps to get different peoples opinions and hear your experiences.

I'm going to just see what happens with these A-level grades, take it from there mate. I don't see the point in staying on though as I'm predicted D's and E's, they are not going to get you anywhere so its just a waste of two years really.

A bit of self fulfilling prophecy there like I wrote about in my sociology retake earlier:icon_bigg.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669