Just when things seemed sensible

Status
Not open for further replies.
So we will just need to finish above at least three of Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Man City, Spurs, Everton or Man Utd. Easy.

Last edited:
I'm thinking back to when Sven was here ...

Yes, ture. But I can't really imagine NP being so profligate with anybody's money. Can you? The side of the club that will be doing the purchasing has been completely revamped since those heady days in Svenland.

With that money we may get Joey back

If this goes right, even you will stop thinking about Joey.

Is it just me that reads that as 'once we establish ourselves as a Premier League club, I hope to challenge the top 5 within 3 seasons'?

So the establishment has no time period, in my opinion staying in the league for a minimum 3 seasons with gradual improvement would be my classification of establishment, then attempt to challenge the top 5. Nothing wrong with that.

People seem to forget that MON gave us a succession of top half finishes with far less to invest. The proposal is not impossible.

Last edited:
Two random people off the Internet better proofreaders than the guardian - it's no shock

It's about time he came out with a quote like this. When you're a billionaire that's spent four years chucking away more than £100m with no chance of any return on it, you've got the right to give it large when a bit of glory finally does come along.

The last time we won the Championship equivalent, wasn't it Jock Wallace that stated we were next going to win the equivalent of the Premier League title? Good on the scary old growler for that. I vaguely remember loving him for saying that. There is nothing wrong with reaching for the stars. People were taking the piss out of Man City only a few years ago.

There's nothing worse than a team getting promoted and then immediately begging for a 17th place finish next season. Vichai has paid enough out to say whatever he likes and it's up to NP and the players to fulfill his wishes.

Now I might believe that the chances of us finishing top five within the next three years is slim to nil. And I'd lay massive odds that NP wouldn't be anywhere near the club were it to happen. But I respect and applaud our owner for having that aspiration and setting that target.

It's about time he came out with a quote like this. When you're a billionaire that's spent four years chucking away more than £100m with no chance of any return on it, you've got the right to give it large when a bit of glory finally does come along.

The last time we won the Championship equivalent, wasn't it Jock Wallace that stated we were next going to win the equivalent of the Premier League title? Good on the scary old growler for that. I vaguely remember loving him for saying that. There is nothing wrong with reaching for the stars. People were taking the piss out of Man City only a few years ago.

There's nothing worse than a team getting promoted and then immediately begging for a 17th place finish next season. Vichai has paid enough out to say whatever he likes and it's up to NP and the players to fulfill his wishes.

Now I might believe that the chances of us finishing top five within the next three years is slim to nil. And I'd lay massive odds that NP wouldn't be anywhere near the club were it to happen. But I respect and applaud our owner for having that aspiration and setting that target.

:icon_lol: is that a good thing to be called?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669