Just when things seemed sensible

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I count Hull as North East. They're nowhere in particular but nearer to that part of the world.

So you count them as being in a region a good 30 miles north of them? :102: Of course they're somewhere in particular, they're in Yorkshire & the Humber. Regions of England aren't just rough estimates, they're defined boundaries which are specifically recognised in the European parliament.

Probably for another thread but i agree that this 'us and them' amongst supporters is getting tiresome.

people have differing circumstances and priorities. either you love the club or you dont. its not the size of your cock that matters and contrary to what is generally accepted, its not just about what you do with it either. Its whats inside you that matters. What cant be seen.

Probably for another thread but i agree that this 'us and them' amongst supporters is getting tiresome.

people have differing circumstances and priorities. either you love the club or you dont. its not the size of your cock that matters and contrary to what is generally accepted, its not just about what you do with it either. Its whats inside you that matters. What cant be seen.

Either you love the club or you don't - perfectly phrased and perfectly correct. But widening the fanbase because we are successful and there are no other successful clubs in the vicinity is about loving success and convenience - not about loving the club. If it's not inside you, it's rarely permanent.

Either you love the club or you don't - perfectly phrased and perfectly correct. But widening the fanbase because we are successful and there are no other successful clubs in the vicinity is about loving success and convenience - not about loving the club. If it's not inside you, it's rarely permanent.
It depends on who these new fans are. If they are kids, most of them will be lost for life.

So you count them as being in a region a good 30 miles north of them? :102: Of course they're somewhere in particular, they're in Yorkshire & the Humber. Regions of England aren't just rough estimates, they're defined boundaries which are specifically recognised in the European parliament.

Thank you. We've got enough shithole towns up here without adding another one.

If you look around there are others like me.

I know and I think you're a terrific City fan. They'll be fans that live abroad so cannot get to games. Or those that can't afford it. Or those for whom there domestic circumstances or priorities mean that they rarely if ever attend. Or those that are too old or disabled to attend. Or those that don't feel the need. All are as worthy as someone that attends every match as far as I'm concerned. If you identify yourself as a Leicester City fan, you're in.

Having people on the other side of the world that will be buying our shirts and getting tv subscriptions to watch us, is great news. Because some of that group will become fans. Many won't, but some will. Likewise, for kids from Cambridgeshire, Lincolnshire, Northamptonshire, Bedfordshire and Nottinghamshire, we may become the venue of choice for their first live match. That could lead to nothing or it could lead to a life-long affiliation.

All of this can only be good for the future of the club. I look forward to some Thai fans joining this or other forums. Can't say that I've noticed any as yet, but if we build it, they will come.

Hull is in the north and it's east. Same as I'd describe Bristol as south west even though technically, they're only vaguely that way. Does it matter in this context?

Hull is in the north and it's east. Same as I'd describe Bristol as south west even though technically, they're only vaguely that way. Does it matter in this context?

I suspect that if you tried telling someone from Hull that, you'd get as short shrift as if they tried telling you that Leicester is 'down south'

Well yes, seeing as you were splitting up clubs by region and using regions as your argument to why we weren't in there, despite the fact Aston Villa isn't much further from us than Derby really you specificity split them up because of their region. The exact centre point of England is in Leicestershire, yet you still refer to us as East Midlands and not central midlands or just the midlands because of our official designated region.

And Bristol is in the south west. Both in what you'd roughly describe and technically.

Like jb pointed out, referring to Hull as North East is like how I always got to refereed to as a Northerner living in Portsmouth, it irks somewhat and I'm sure a Hull fan would give you a mouthful for it. And you'd also be demeaning your own point seeing s the distance between Hull and Newcastle/Sunderland is larger than the distance between us and Aston villa which was your whole point about how there was a lack of regional balance n the Premier League.

Last edited:
The reason people refer to us as being in the East Midlands is because we are in the East Midlands. It has nothing to do with the European Parliament; the region existed (and was recognised as such) long before the EP agreed upon the designation of official regions.

EP regions are designated on for the convenience of governance. Which is why, for example you will find Middlesbrough included in the North East region when it is in fact a part of Yorkshire.

It is beyond me why anybody would give enough of a shit to be irked by somebody calling them a 'northerner' or southerner'. Seems a bizarre thing to get exercised about to me.

Last edited:
Bang on BN and no stats required this time!

And who gives a **** about goegraphical regions, the point still stands.

Bang on BN and no stats required this time!

And who gives a **** about goegraphical regions, the point still stands.
Pretty much what I was thinking. The debate over whether a northern city on the east coast is part of the north-east is utterly irrelevant to the actual point BN was making. Worthless.

Pretty much what I was thinking. The debate over whether a northern city on the east coast is part of the north-east is utterly irrelevant to the actual point BN was making. Worthless.

Fine, how about you lot have it then ;)

Funny how they can afford one now we're in the Permier League

Bandwagon jumping no-mark johnny-come-lately plastic part-time Pete bastards

I was referring to myself and I know I'm not a johnny come lately plastic part time Pete bastard, thanks all the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669