Just when things seemed sensible

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've not see it mentioned but just a thought; by stating that we have money to spend and our ambitions, it will perhaps not only attract the agents but might mean a better standard of player will be attracted to our club. I agree that the Chairman can say what the fuk he likes, well done so far. I like ambition but I'm sure Cardiff had a lot of ambition having one last years Championship.

Cue shite overused jokes about Messi, Joey and Ohhhh! Tommy Wright

Last edited:
£180 million simply equates to what we are supposed to earn from the PL if we stayed there for three seasons

Be surprised if we spent more than 10/15 million this summer

Looking at the.small level of bottom lines from the likes of Wigan Norwich et Al in 12/13 and their respectable.wage.bills poor attendances etc then they would have ploughed back the.c £60m a year then it all looks OK. I would expect transfer dealings plus new.contract costs.to be £25m +

The players, staff and owners have just been on a publicity/celebration tour of Thailand. A country of 67 million people, many of whom love their Premier League footy as evidenced here:

http://armchairterrace.com/2013/04/23/thailands-premier-league-lover-affair/

We're the only Thai owned club in the Premier League. We've got high profile owners in their own country, who will no doubt attempt to spread their affection for all things Leicester with their compatriots at any opportunity.

Closer to home, if we look at the make-up of the Premier League next season, there is a marked absence of clubs in the heart of England. Five are in London, five the North West, three the North East, three in the West Mids and two in Wales. The closest club to us is Villa, over 40 miles to the west. There is nothing for a long way north, east or south. Of course, Derby may join us, but they're still 32 miles away.

With wealthy backing and a fair wind, this is an incredible opportunity to raise the profile and fan base of the club. Quite possibly, the best chance we've ever had.

Two in Wales and three in the North East? Am I missing something?

The players, staff and owners have just been on a publicity/celebration tour of Thailand. A country of 67 million people, many of whom love their Premier League footy as evidenced here:

http://armchairterrace.com/2013/04/23/thailands-premier-league-lover-affair/

We're the only Thai owned club in the Premier League. We've got high profile owners in their own country, who will no doubt attempt to spread their affection for all things Leicester with their compatriots at any opportunity.

Closer to home, if we look at the make-up of the Premier League next season, there is a marked absence of clubs in the heart of England. Five are in London, five the North West, three the North East, three in the West Mids and two in Wales. The closest club to us is Villa, over 40 miles to the west. There is nothing for a long way north, east or south. Of course, Derby may join us, but they're still 32 miles away.

With wealthy backing and a fair wind, this is an incredible opportunity to raise the profile and fan base of the club. Quite possibly, the best chance we've ever had.

Crap stats, good point.

...this is an incredible opportunity to raise the fan base of the club.

Just what is needed with a ground of limited capacity. With all the season tickets already gone and those who can not afford them clamouring for the few remaining seats which will be put up on a game-by-game basis, what better opportunity for the realities of supply-and-demand to come into effect.

There'll be tears before bedtime.

Just what is needed with a ground of limited capacity. With all the season tickets already gone and those who can not afford them clamouring for the few remaining seats which will be put up on a game-by-game basis, what better opportunity for the realities of supply-and-demand to come into effect.

There'll be tears before bedtime.

So would you prefer us to not appeal to more potential supporters?

So would you prefer us to not appeal to more potential supporters?

Just pointing out an inevitability, though I'm not particularly enamoured with the prospect of 'strangers' flocking in just because we may be successful.

Last edited:
Just pointing out an inevitability, though I'm not particularly enamoured with the prospect of 'strangers' flocking in just because we may be successful.

The more people that want to support the club, the better. Wherever they're from and whatever they bring to the party. Many will only be there because we're in the Premier League, but so what?

We were all strangers to the club once.

Yes. Where were they when we were shit?

Doing something else. I think I'm right in saying that you've hardly been a regular recently. Should I call you a 'plastic'?

I hate all this division amongst fans. Just because I've been there for just about every home game for the last, mostly miserable, decade doesn't make me any more 'worthy' than anyone else. I maintain that if you've lived through the shit, you enjoy the good times more, but that's just me.

Everyone is welcome and, if I have some confused tourist or newbie sat beside me next season, I'll do my best to welcome and integrate them.

Doing something else. I think I'm right in saying that you've hardly been a regular recently. Should I call you a 'plastic'?

I hate all this division amongst fans. Just because I've been there for just about every home game for the last, mostly miserable, decade doesn't make me any more 'worthy' than anyone else. I maintain that if you've lived through the shit, you enjoy the good times more, but that's just me.

Everyone is welcome and, if I have some confused tourist or newbie sat beside me next season, I'll do my best to welcome and integrate them.

Well said.

I think I'm right in saying that you've hardly been a regular recently. Should I call you a 'plastic'?

You can call me what you like, but it seems to me that I'm exactly the opposite of what would normally be called a 'plastic'.

It is true though that having missed very few games for almost two and a half decades, I am certainly "hardly a regular" now. I think I missed four games in the 3rd division season and finally managed a 100% league and cups attendance in the following year; but this season it was a single game at home and two away. If you look around there are others like me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669