Kasper the end? Thanks for everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have they offered £3.5m + Hobbs? If so.. I'd snap their hands off. Hobbs is a decent center back and we could do with strengthening in that area, £3.5m is also a good sum to go about replacing Kasper with.

I like Kasper, but I think our over reliance on his titanic hoof up the field is something that is to our detriment. Letting him go might be a blessing in diguise if we can get a fair deal for him. Maybe we've left it too late to replace now anyway.. we certainly can't let him go if all we've got is Logan for next season regardless of whether we lose him for nothing at the end of next season.

Did they?We have not had a decent "non loan" goalie for some considerable time.

does it matter if he was a loanee ? he was still your keeper and he is decent. fwiw, unless we are in dire financial straits, i would keep kasper and let him leave for nowt next summer. promotion next season is sooo important as the para payments for 2014/2015 onwards are even higher than now.

It's only JUNE.

Possibly -but in a matter of days a further death blow to the 'summer' will arrive with their return to training accompanied by the annual confident predictions of automatic promotion.

Sea change this year in the transfer market.....money is hard to come by in the Championship and this is reflected in the very 'realistic' offers being made for Kasper. There isn't that much competition - except at the very top of the international franchises global market.

Imo Leicester will hold out for a bit more and then take the most that they can get from Hull - assuming that the situation is not rescued by an alternative Premier League or European bidder.

The finances of LCFC and almost all clubs do not make running down his contract a viable option. The issue of his replacement is a subsidiary issue. There will enough loan options to address that one. Most punters will have noticed that there is only one goal keeping position in a football team so there are potentially lots of lads looking for first team football opportunities.

It's only JUNE.

I've not really noticed ANY Championships clubs doing significant business yet. Other than Reading signing Wayne Bridge, don't think I could tell you a single Championship signing this summer so far...

I've not really noticed ANY Championships clubs doing significant business yet. Other than Reading signing Wayne Bridge, don't think I could tell you a single Championship signing this summer so far...

Somehow, by some miracle, they also signed Drenthe.

Yes the Football League have spoiled things - taken away the cheque books and biros. They seem to think that they have a right to stop clubs spending money they haven't got on Premier League has beens and rejects.

Kasper schmeichel ‏@kschmeichel1
Contrary to reports I have never put a transfer request in and won't be . Hope your all having a good summer

Kasper said:
Contrary to reports I have never put a transfer request in and won't be . Hope your all having a good summer

Where's BM when you need him?

I suspect this means he knows he will need to be sold and in his best interests to not ask to go.I think the bluff rebuff has caused us to look elsewhere-but who knows?

I suspect this means he knows he will need to be sold and in his best interests to not ask to go.I think the bluff rebuff has caused us to look elsewhere-but who knows?

He's looking elsewhere, but not in the direction of Hull.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669