Keegan sacked..or is he ????

Status
Not open for further replies.
By appointing a director of football and another one to oversee signings without Keegans approval. Recipe for disaster especially when one of them was a certain D Wise formerly of this parish.

Ashley should have known how parochial the Toon fans are so bringing in a cockney **** and an Italian over 'King' Kevs head was never going to play well with the fans.

Is that a fact :102:

D Wise has been a scapegoat in this whole affair. KK disagreed with the structure and thought it was best if he left, Ashley tried to resolve differences but they couldn't. Ashley was helping build a future at Newcastle, not waste money and watch players go into decline.

At the end of the day Football is a business.

D Wise has been a scapegoat in this whole affair.

I never thought I would ever witness a Leicester supporter making a comment like that :018:

Scapegoat or not he deserves all the shit that comes his way.

I never thought I would ever witness a Leicester supporter making a comment like that :018:

Scapegoat or not he deserves all the shit that comes his way.
You have to remember that some people don't actually believe what they are saying. They are just saying it to be different and attract attention, hence their appearance half way through threads as opposed to at the beginning.

You have to remember that some people don't actually believe what they are saying. They are just saying it to be different and attract attention, hence their appearance half way through threads as opposed to at the beginning.

That role is fully filled by yourself. I don't go on a forum and hide behind my PC causing unnecessary controversy.

Not everything you read in Newspapers are true; We will probably never know what the real truth is, but from what I've read on what Mike Ashley has said; I have nothing but sympathy for him.

Last edited:
Tamworth, it's fact that signings were made by Wise without Keegan's approval. Keegan declared it in a statement and Newcastle Utd haven't claimed libel which suggests it's the truth. Also Ashley has ignored this slice of the story in his recent statement. Wise hasn't been a scapegoat as the fans anger has been directed at all of the 'Cockney Mafia' of Jimenez, Wise and various other ****s under shitty titles.

Tamworth, it's fact that signings were made by Wise without Keegan's approval. Keegan declared it in a statement and Newcastle Utd haven't claimed libel which suggests it's the truth. Also Ashley has ignored this slice of the story in his recent statement. Wise hasn't been a scapegoat as the fans anger has been directed at all of the 'Cockney Mafia' of Jimenez, Wise and various other ****s under shitty titles.

Mike Ashley is in charge of Newcastle Utd not KK.

I personally thought a Chairmans role is to select transfer fees for ins and outs. Select ideal players to come in, then it is the managers role to manage the squad to the best of his ability.

Is this not how all businesses work :102:

Surely KK knew what he was getting himself in for ? I'm astonished at the amount of criticism has gone towards Mike Ashley, he was trying to build a long term future. He injected cash in the club, backed his scouting system and manager.

How do you work that out?

I raise my opinions before I take in those of others, and I believe in what I say.

"Know Your Enemy"

Oh right, I thought you were just acting a **** to amuse others on a forum :icon_roll.

A lot of the time I agree with what you say, but its the fashion in the way you say it. e.g. your earlier post making it out like i'm looking for attention. You miserable, argumentitive **** :icon_bigg.

I personally thought a Chairmans role is to select transfer fees for ins and outs. Select ideal players to come in, then it is the managers role to manage the squad to the best of his ability.

It is not how football clubs work (in this country anyway)

Do you think that Alex Ferguson, Arsene Wenger, Rafa Benitez etc. etc. etc sit back and wait for their Chariman to tell them what players they have signed and then just get on with coaching them ?

What planet are you living on ?

Unless you are abroad, no it's not how football business works. Mandaric has tried it here remember. 42 players during pre-season?

Do you see Ferguson get a player bought for him by Glazer? Or Rafa receiving a right winger from Gillett?

Ashley's not a chairman for the record anyway. Never was.

For Keegan however, it was always about the money. His company in Glasgow was a million down but once he was in his role, he expected decent conditions.

A lot of the time I agree with what you say, but its the fashion in the way you say it. e.g. your earlier post making it out like i'm looking for attention. You miserable, argumentitive **** :icon_bigg.
I get you now, you think I was referring to you, don't you?

Egostical as well, are we ?:icon_wink

ps - I don't need to "act a c**t".

If you look at any managerial role in any business it is the manager in charge who decides on who they want in their team. There might be directors involved in the process but the final decision comes down to the manager.

Dont get me wrong I think KK has many floors but if he is losing his best players and signing players he doesnt even know then there was no way he could carry on. Also he is not the first manager to resign/sacked because of this.

Martin Jol - Spurs
Jose Mourinho - Chelsea
Alan Curbishley - West Ham
Kevin Keegan - Newcastle
Martin Allen - Leicester :icon_lol::icon_lol:

I get you now, you think I was referring to you, don't you?

I thought it might be me until I checked and found that I came into this thread at post number 15 rather than "half way through" :081::081::081:

I'm completely amazed at how much responsibility a manager has/should have; he has a budget, speak to numerous agents to sign only players he wants, then has to get those players into the club mould them in, bring the best out of them, also scouting and getting other staff. Its no wonder so many managers are sacked every 5 minutes and lots of money is wasted, which leads to clubs that go into massive debts.

I would hate to be a chairman relying on one man to bring success to the club.

I'm completely amazed at how much responsibility a manager has/should have
Somebody else highlights the players, the Manager then sends somebody else to look at them. That person then says if the player is good or bad, the Manager then makes his decision on that info. No brainer.

The player then comes in, the Manager shakes his hand and then hands him over to his coach.

The coach then tells the Manager who is good and who is bad, and the Manager then picks the team based on that info. Another no brainer.

The match is played, the Manager then speaks to the press.

F**k me, that's a hard life.

Some of the more hands on Managers may even turn up to the two hour training sessions, some may even lead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669