Keegan sacked..or is he ????

Status
Not open for further replies.
R5 say KK is now bookies fav to return as Newcastle manager after talks with Ashley. :icon_eek:

I would guess that the talks with Ashley were settlement talks - not returning as manager. But you never know, stranger things have happened - like Keegan going back to Newcastle.........:icon_wink

SSN saying that talks failed to reach a satisfactory conclusion.

We do a fair bit of printing work for Newcastle Utd, and was talking to the bloke who deals with them about this and he said last time he was up there(pre-season) you could tell how strained the atmosphere was, and that was just the normal folk who work at the club!
When Bobby Robson was there he was always friendly and chatting to the staff, always had time for them, made sure the players knew who was who etc. Since Ashley has took over the whole playing staff and coaching staff have moved completely to the training ground, the only time they go to the club now is for matches or official functions. And apparently the normal staff just get their heads down and work and do their best not to be noticed.

Sounds like a right bunch of happy campers up there!

Last edited:
We do a fair bit of printing work for Newcastle Utd, and was talking to the bloke who deals with them about this and he said last time he was up there(pre-season) you could tell how strained the atmosphere was, and that was just the normal folk who work at the club!
When Bobby Robson was there he was always friendly and chatting to the staff, always had time for them, made sure the players knew who was who etc. Since Ashley has took over the whole playing staff and coaching staff have moved completely to the training ground, the only time they go to the club now is for matches or official functions. And apparently the normal staff just get their heads down and work and do their best not to be noticed.

Sounds like a right bunch of happy campers up there!

Sounds a bit like what MA2 tried to do here!

I feel sorry for Mike Ashley; he invested heavily in the club, tried to place his own infrustructure into Newcastle. They have signed some decent younger talented players, I agree 100% with his choices of signing younger players rather then players who will soon be in decline.

Newcastle is now a laughing stock again, not because of Ashley, but because of the quitter that is KK who is clinging onto the fact he is a Georgie "leg-end." Newcastle aren't a quality side, when did they last win anything, FFS Newcastle fans needed this wake up call.

Good luck to Mike Ashley, hope he doesn't get booed into a quick sale at a low price sale.

I feel sorry for Mike Ashley

I don't. He is a chancer who took a gamble on making a lot of money out of football club ownership and fecked it up. The way he tried to suck up to the fans by sporting a 'King Kev' shirt and sitting with the away Toon fans was opportunistic at best or just plain crass at worst.

He should have stuck to what he does best.

:038: will it matter to him though?? imagine me putting my millions into leicester and not giving someone a open cheque book.
the fans would get the hump then i'd have to sell :bang:
loads of arguments for and against.
our english football is ****ed!!

I don't. He is a chancer who took a gamble on making a lot of money out of football club ownership and fecked it up. The way he tried to suck up to the fans by sporting a 'King Kev' shirt and sitting with the away Toon fans was opportunistic at best or just plain crass at worst.

He should have stuck to what he does best.

How has he, "fecked it up," :102: Due to fickle fans who think, "King Kev," is God. Mike stuck by KK through poor and long spells without winning last term. He has backed KK this year. How is it right he is scared to be in his own club :102:

I fail to see what Mike Ashley has done wrong. He had placed an infrustructure which he thinks and I personally think should've worked and still can work, with the right man in charge. Ashley is the boss not KK. Ashley should get the final say on what the budget is and who is coming in and out not the manager ?

Surely KK knew what he was getting himself into?

These are questions we will probably never find the answer to, one things for sure; I personally don't see what Ashley has done wrong.

How has he, "fecked it up,"

By appointing a director of football and another one to oversee signings without Keegans approval. Recipe for disaster especially when one of them was a certain D Wise formerly of this parish.

Ashley should have known how parochial the Toon fans are so bringing in a cockney **** and an Italian over 'King' Kevs head was never going to play well with the fans.

:018: no its ok.i mean too many people just jump on the sack the board thing without realising what is going on.ashley was ok imo but the wise thing and keegan was always going to mean he'd lose(ashley)
dopey fans wanting an argument blah

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670