Kermorgant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Theres plenty of videos knocking around showing him taking exactly the same penalties for his previous club. He knew exactly what he was doing.

So NP and the coaches knew his style and decided he could take one.
He f*cked up and missed, end of.

Theres plenty of videos knocking around showing him taking exactly the same penalties for his previous club. He knew exactly what he was doing.

There are videos of him chipping it in for a penalty, but he managed to feck this one up - it looked like it would have bounced before getting to the goal line.

If you're going to try something like that you need to at least be able to do it and do it comfortably at that. Had he put it where he wanted (I assume about chest height of the goalie's starting position) he would have scored and we might not be having this conversation.

May I put a slightly different slant upon this? Supposing the arrogant chip had come off: it would have boosted City and demoralised Cardiff; also, if, as has been suggested earlier, this is his general style of penalty taking, then we should blame the manager who picked him as one of the first five penalties.

I'll leave that to you.......

May I put a slightly different slant upon this? Supposing the arrogant chip had come off: it would have boosted City and demoralised Cardiff; also, if, as has been suggested earlier, this is his general style of penalty taking, then we should blame the manager who picked him as one of the first five penalties.

I'll leave that to you.......

I'm genuinely suprised that Pearson (if he knew what was going to happen) let Yann take a penalty.

NP just doesn't strike me as a person who would especially care for such behaviour; and probably less so now.

I was speaking to a City squad player (who I shall not name) during the game last night and he told me that Kermogant was an excellent penalty taker and had been practising.

From the moment he told me I knew Kermit was fated to miss and that we would lose on penalties with him missing!!

My superstitious fears were tragically born out in front of my eyes!

I trust NP when he says we haven't seen the best of Yann yet and I reckon he will be fantastic for us next season if he replaces Steve Howard.

Let's hope reason prevails and the crowd don't get on his back because of his miss last night. Waggy also missed......

kerm.gif

I doubt either of the players who missed feel very good about themselves at the moment. Its such a public moment and lives with you for a long time - until the someone else does it!

It hurts like a wasp up my arse but I forgive both of them.

He did what he thought he had to do. I wonder if it would have gone in had the keeper not been 2 yards off his line, right level with the ref who should have ordered it to be retaken.

I doubt either of the players who missed feel very good about themselves at the moment. Its such a public moment and lives with you for a long time - until the someone else does it!

It hurts like a wasp up my arse but I forgive both of them.

The wasps or Kermit and Waggy?

Hes a grade A **** for trying that penalty but oh well.

I'll back him next season, I don't think Pearson will release him for one mistake.

Why? :102:

How do you know he wasnt devastated in the dressing room? It wont be on the level that we all are, but surely the man has pride, that will have been hammered with that miss and the fact he looked like a complete cock. Im not having a go, just wondered how you are so sure?

Personally I dont forgive him for it, it was a stupid stupid thing to do, but hes only human, he made a massive mistake and will no doubt pay for it, but come next season I will have put it behind me and be looking forward to Citeh lifting that trophy!

I think you are closer to the truth than others in your first statment, given what I've been told.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669