Kermorgant

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm wondering why you say it's a pathetic attitude but then go on to agree with everything that I say in my first paragraph. That he will be demonised is a fact. If he had some 'credit in the bank' he might not have attracted my comment that he will be deserving of the scapegoating, but he has done absolutely nothing to advance the cause.

As far as I am concerned he is as guilty of halting City's progression as David Speedie was in 1992. Speedie redeemed himself; I doubt if Kermorgant has got it in him to even try to.

"I wouldn't care if I never see him in a City shirt again."

"in a long line of City-scapegoats, he is one who will deserve everything he gets."

These are the quotes that I think are out of line. OK, it's your perogative to not want to see him in a City shirt again, but to say he deserves everything he gets is ridiculous. As I've said, he made a massive mistake, but that's all it was - a mistake. Every time he has been on the pitch, he has given his all - that's the main thing as far as I'm concerned.

Sorry BBB you misunderstood my quote, i meant it will not matter to him whether i forgive him or not.

Oh ok, then sorry if it seemed I was having a go :)

Although you never know, how do you know he wasnt sat with his head in his hands thinking "Sacrebleu!!! Est-ce que j'un idiot, que je suis- ont fait ? Comment le camberwell me pardonnera jamais pour ma stupidité ? ! Je shamed mes compagnons d'équipe, mon club, ma famille et mon pays ! merde! merde! merde!" etc etc etc! :icon_bigg

Oh ok, then sorry if it seemed I was having a go :)

Although you never know, how do you know he wasnt sat with his head in his hands thinking "Sacrebleu!!! Est-ce que j'un idiot, que je suis- ont fait ? Comment le camberwell me pardonnera jamais pour ma stupidité ? ! Je shamed mes compagnons d'équipe, mon club, ma famille et mon pays ! merde! merde! merde!" etc etc etc! :icon_bigg

Quite!, But i doubt it...

I'm getting on a bit, and probably my eyesight failed me, but I thought I saw something different from everybody else. I thought the keeper stumbled and that confused Yann for an instant and he got caught in two minds in the split second available, so he ended up neither blasting it nor placing it.

I'm as upset as everybody else, but I didn't see it as arrogance or trying to be clever, but just that he buckled under pressure. I feel sorry for the guy.

...but like I say, I expect I'm wrong, and he's really the antichrist.

I'm getting on a bit, and probably my eyesight failed me, but I thought I saw something different from everybody else. I thought the keeper stumbled and that confused Yann for an instant and he got caught in two minds in the split second available, so he ended up neither blasting it nor placing it.

I'm as upset as everybody else, but I didn't see it as arrogance or trying to be clever, but just that he buckled under pressure. I feel sorry for the guy.

I agree to an extent Hector. I don't think it was the keeper's stumble, he got caught in two minds what to do and did neither. He crumbled under the pressure sadly. He changed his mind at the last second and paid for it.

To be fair though didn't you say a few weeks ago you thought this season had been boring??????

A few weeks? I think it was in February when I said our style of football made games boring, since then we have improved but the first half of the season we were hardly entertaining?? The one thing I will admit to being wrong about is that I thought we'd get stuffed in the playoffs, I am proud of how we played yesterday but its all come down to one pretty awful penalty

A few weeks? I think it was in February when I said our style of football made games boring, since then we have improved but the first half of the season we were hardly entertaining?? The one thing I will admit to being wrong about is that I thought we'd get stuffed in the playoffs, I am proud of how we played yesterday but its all come down to one pretty awful penalty

Indeed it did. Although your personal hatred towards the man who made a mistake is a bit worrying.

Indeed it did. Although your personal hatred towards the man who made a mistake is a bit worrying.

it may come across as hatred but its just sheer frustration....he has look very far short of having the ability to play at this level but for whatever reason he has hung around. Being low on ability I can't blame him for, but we can blame him for his gross stupidity last night

it may come across as hatred but its just sheer frustration....he has look very far short of having the ability to play at this level but for whatever reason he has hung around. Being low on ability I can't blame him for, but we can blame him for his gross stupidity last night

I agree with being frustrated with his stupidity I think everyone would be.I just think it's unfair some of the hatred he is receiving today.

Poor bloke.

Would've expected (and wanted) him to partner Fryatt up top next year but no doubt the blue mongies will destroy him.

The way I saw it the keeper was 3 yards off his line when the kick was taken.

I'd still give him one.

Trust Ted to brighten it all up, I think I love you as much as I do Morrison, in much the same way as well...:118:

:icon_lol:

Well we could spend the entire summer contorted with rage at the fact the bloke ****ed a penalty up or just take him for what he is, a fine French piece of ass.

The guy has never been given a chance by a lot on here and at games, from what I have seen he is a decent player, but not outstanding, wins shed loads of headers, chases down well, brings others into the game and offers something different to what we already have.
NP obviously rates him as he gave him a two and half year contract after a short term deal and no doubt wanted to give him time to settle into the team.

Yes he f*cked up big style last night and let his team mates and all of us down and he will know it.

IMO his city days are over, purely for the fact that narrow minded fans will NEVER give him a second chance and hound him out.

Theres plenty of videos knocking around showing him taking exactly the same penalties for his previous club. He knew exactly what he was doing.

I've kept the jury out on him up until now. As somebody else has said on this forum (can't remember where, new to this business!) I'm not looking for a scapegoat for last night.

However, it's clear we have a good team spirit and I get the feeling Yann (struggle to spell his surname!) hasn't slotted into it very well. Pearson & co must like him to have given him the deal so quickly, but I'm not sure he's going to be a great asset to the club from what I've seen so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669