Kevin Phillips

Status
Not open for further replies.

teblin

Leicester boss Nigel Pearson is preparing a £750,000 bid for Birmingham striker Kevin Phillips. DAILY STAR SUNDAY

Hope its not just paper talk

Him or Dickov? Yeah like I'd need to have a second to think which would give us the more positive outcomes in matches.

An asute move IF it's one that happens, he has at least a year left in those legs, and would do a great job for us.

I'd defo be a lot more confident with the coming season if we could get him.

Him or Dickov? Yeah like I'd need to have a second to think which would give us the more positive outcomes in matches.

An asute move IF it's one that happens, he has at least a year left in those legs, and would do a great job for us.

I'd defo be a lot more confident with the coming season if we could get him.

There was no need to throw your shoe at Dickov yesterday though.

I just dont understand Pearsons logic on strikers if he signs Philips..who will be dropped..it wont be Howard and if its Fryatt...then there could be a backlash from the fans,that really does not make sense.

Or pearson has a cunning plan that he knows allready fryatt aint cut out at this level and will be dropped after 5 games,so phillips will play with howard

seems a lot of money to me to spend on a 36 yr old - surely he would only be used as back up / super sub ! I cant see the reasoning behind this at all unless dickov is going !

seems a lot of money to me to spend on a 36 yr old - surely he would only be used as back up / super sub ! I cant see the reasoning behind this at all unless dickov is going !

I don't see why the presence or otherwise of Dickov should affect any decision. He's a complete nonentity.

I don't see why the presence or otherwise of Dickov should affect any decision. He's a complete nonentity.
dont get me wrong i think phillips is the better player,
im saying he would probably take dickovs place on the bench - i think that kind of dosh could be better spent , it seems a lot of money to keep the bench warm.

dont get me wrong i think phillips is the better player,
im saying he would probably take dickovs place on the bench - i think that kind of dosh could be better spent , it seems a lot of money to keep the bench warm.

The difference being that Phillips would actually play and most likely make a difference to the team, whereas Dickov comes on and does very little other than slice opposing players down. You seem to be the only person here who's against signing a new striker :102:

The difference being that Phillips would actually play and most likely make a difference to the team, whereas Dickov comes on and does very little other than slice opposing players down. You seem to be the only person here who's against signing a new striker :102:
im certainly not against up signing a new striker the 750, 000 price tag just seems way too much 250k or so would be more realistic .

Another over priced has been that people will welcome with open arms and then turn on after 6 games.

Not for me thanks.

im certainly not against up signing a new striker the 750, 000 price tag just seems way too much 250k or so would be more realistic .

The price tag seems a bit much I agree. Can't see the harm in bringing him in for a season though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669