Kevin Phillips

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, i think this a good move, as little as 2 years a go he was by far and away the top scorer at this level.

edit: "would be" a good move.

Last edited:
I am not against the move (if true) but at anything like £750k, it is an exceedingly expensive sticking plaster to cover a lack of striking options, rather than a solution.

750 k, get lita and phillips, both around 16k wages, 2 years contracts to both, make it happen nigel!

750 k, get lita and phillips, both around 16k wages, 2 years contracts to both, make it happen nigel!

Neither of them are worth wages anywhere near that. Both moves would be gambles and if they don't pay off then we're stuck with them for two years on 'around 16k' a week - didn't people learn from the DJ Campbell episode? No thanks.

dont get me wrong i think phillips is the better player,
im saying he would probably take dickovs place on the bench - i think that kind of dosh could be better spent , it seems a lot of money to keep the bench warm.

With 7 subs named next season you could put both on the bench and or Chambers in some games.

Phillips would be a Les Ferdinand type move and at £750k could represent considerably better value than DJ.

Goalscorers cost money. 750 k would be a drop in the ocean if promoted.

£750k would be a fairly small drip if it prevented us getting relegated again.

Regardless of the price or his age he knows where the onion bag is and thats good enough for me.​

wouldn't mind him here next year, espesh if we can offload dickov. how old is he now? like 37ish?...duno if £750k is a bit too much for him???

With the service Matty Fryatt got last year, KP would have got 50.
A bit of paper speculation that I would like to see turn into fruition.

As Lazzer says "he knows where the onion bag is"

Signing any striker is a risk given the value of transfer fees. Taking into account his record, it's less of a risk than say signing Cox for 1.5 m or as we did with Campbell regardless of age. He's also one of those 35+ yr olds who is clearly about suceeding, not collecting the cheque.

Yeah I'll agree with that, seems to enjoy just scoring goals.

Is he better than what we've got ?
Yes, of course he is, dickweed

Is it too much too pay for a 36 year old ?
Don't be such a bloody idiot

Will he come here ?
No feckin' chance

Yeah I'll agree with that, seems to enjoy just scoring goals.

A no brainer for me. He always scores goals. Is proven at this level and would likely bag you around 20 goals. Class striker, an excellent addition to any FCC team IMO.

Would have had him last year but this year is one year too far for him

I don't see how he could have declined in quality so much over 12 months? I'd imagine he'd spend most of the season as an impact striker, its not like he would be doing Howard's running or taking on defenders. At this level, with the money he'd cost us, I don't think we could realistically get anyone much better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669