Kevin Phillips

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think that MM is minded to splash the cash anymore and 75K or an 'undisclosed' fee looks more viable to me with Phillips having the benefit of big wages and a two years contract.

Birmingham seem adept at ripping off Leicester i.e. DJ and the invalid that this Clemence and tho' I wouldn't know whether Phillips is a serious target, I can't see that what is to Leicester these days big money would be splashed on a player who is playing on beyond the normal shelf life.

They are just getting revenge for Muzzy Izzet - who hardly played for them after his big transfer due to injury.

They are just getting revenge for Muzzy Izzet - who hardly played for them after his big transfer due to injury.

Quite & also see Tedfoxxx comment above on N'Gotty.

I think they have had their revenge by now. Forgive the pun but Izzet was on his last legs before he joined Birmingham & they chased after one of the few 'class' players that was willing to go to St Andrews.

I assume that it is the Birmingham high command that is putting about these rumours about a 750K fee.

Yes, but managers don't normally come out and say the player isn't for sale which indicates to me that Philiips isn't going to leave.

But he wants too leave, he wants first team football and he wont get that at Brum.

Yes, but managers don't normally come out and say the player isn't for sale which indicates to me that Philiips isn't going to leave.

Are you serious?

They always say they are not for sale only for them to be sold the next week.

I'm not sure he's saying he's not for sale, just that no approach has been made ...

From ClubCall

Birmingham boss Alex McLeish has dismissed reports of a £750,000 bid from Leicester for Kevin Phillips.

The veteran striker has been linked with a move back to the Championship to bolster the Foxes' forward line, but Blues chief McLeish insists there is nothing in it.

He said: "Nobody has approached us. It's just designed to keep the papers selling."

Are you serious?

They always say they are not for sale only for them to be sold the next week.

Didnt SAF just say he wouldnt sell a virus to Real Madrid?

Unfortunately, your bizarre opinions aren't really grounds for closing a thread

These comments don't mean anything - NP said that Levi Porter would get his chance last season and that meant **** all.

The vast majority of statements by managers are of no particular significance.

The Birmingham statement sounds as if it might tho' - I would translate it as meaning 'Leicester haven't been mug enough yet to hand us some serious money for a 36 years old striker - if and when they do we'll think about it ...as in snatch their hand off'.

Someone on FT reckon he'll sign press conf tomorrow. Anyone heard such a thing?

Claiming there will be a press conferance is a brave call, we'll see I suppose.

Someone on FT reckon he'll sign press conf tomorrow. Anyone heard such a thing?

According to the guy that posted that, it will be announced on the website at 5pm and a press conference called for tomorrow...

Major flaw is, when do we ever announce a signing and THEN hold a press conference for it?

3 minutes to see if he's right ;)

I suspect... not

Oh.....

I
Birmingham seem adept at ripping off Leicester i.e. DJ and the invalid that this Clemence and tho' I wouldn't know whether Phillips is a serious target, I can't see that what is to Leicester these days big money would be splashed on a player who is playing on beyond the normal shelf life.

Birmingham probably want to get their revenge for the losses they made on Muzzy and Robbie Savage

He said: "Nobody has approached us. It's just designed to keep the papers selling."

Any newspapers relying on a "Kevin Phillips to Leicester" story for sales is in trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669