Kilmarnock v Leicester Post Match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am optomistic that we will hit the ground running - but with most of the team being new we may for the first few games look like 11 headless chickens, but hopefully 11 fit and passionate headless chickens!

Training 3 times a day is exactly what the players need. They will be tired from this as anybody would be. The purpose is to get them to a fitness level that exceeds the demands of a week within the season. In this way they should always have that little bit more to give. At this moment in time they are being pushed to their absolute limits and fatigue is a part of that. When the season begins they will have more recovery time and should be at their peak just before each game. Though obviously this cannnot always be the case, with injuries and fixture congestion taking it's toll.

Hearing that we are training three times a day only makes me more optimistic for the start of the season. I'm expecting the players to be in 'tip top' condition. :)

I admire your optimistic view of people's intelligence. Last time I saw the 'where will we finish' poll 1st was the most popular prediction. If we don't hit the ground running it could be a bumpy ride...

And I'm an insomniac again. Oh well!

I assumed that most of those who said we would finish 1st were having a laff.

It's difficult to tell but I get the sense that on the back of Milan's money that we are in better shape than for the last few years but with a team full of new players you can't reasonably expect us to "hit the ground running".

The more likely scenario is that we are inconsistent for the first half of the season then hopefully start to climb from around the middle of the table during the second half. I think that should be acceptable to most fans.

Whether Allen's style will create over expectation and this rebounds on him....and whether Milan as a relative old guy in a hurry has the patience.....I also wouldn't know.

The result dosent matter, but the performance sounds as though it was lacking. I personally hate pre season games, but days like this will prove more purposeful to MA than you think. Beating the dog and duck 20-0 proves nothing, and with respect to Kilmarnock they are a step up from what we have played so far. This team with its new players are not going to be pulling up trees from day one, because they hardly know each other. I expect the early weeks of the season could well be disappointing in terms of results, and for once the fans dont really have any other options than to show patience. If they think we are going to click from day 1 of the season then they are more stupid than i thought.

As fans we are not known for our patience. MON never forgot how we treated him over the Sheffiled Utd game. It would be a big mistake to show a repeat of that!

can't believe that any fans who go all the way up to Scotland for a friendly just to boo new players. thats the worst thing i've heard in a long time.
they should be ashamed of themselves. did they never see Mark Blake play? now there was a player worth booing. even his mum booed him. except when he scored against tottenham

can't believe that any fans who go all the way up to Scotland for a friendly just to boo new players. thats the worst thing i've heard in a long time.
they should be ashamed of themselves. did they never see Mark Blake play? now there was a player worth booing. even his mum booed him. except when he scored against tottenham

:icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: I laughed so much I went red with coughing. ;)

We were rubbish yesterday, but there was still no need for the boos from some of the Leicester fans at the game. People were even giving the likes of N'Gotty and Campbell the usual Leicester 'welcome'.

The trouble may be that Leicester fans have now got stuck into a mindset of impatience. You can see that in this forum where unrealistic expectations are a precusor to over criticism.

To be fair - Martin Allen has not made any exaggerated claims for the coming season - but he does tend to hype up his own impact and that leads some slightly naive people to build up false expectations.

We were rubbish yesterday, but there was still no need for the boos from some of the Leicester fans at the game. People were even giving the likes of N'Gotty and Campbell the usual Leicester 'welcome'.
Shocking, truly shocking.

The result dosent matter, but the performance sounds as though it was lacking. I personally hate pre season games, but days like this will prove more purposeful to MA than you think. Beating the dog and duck 20-0 proves nothing, and with respect to Kilmarnock they are a step up from what we have played so far. This team with its new players are not going to be pulling up trees from day one, because they hardly know each other. I expect the early weeks of the season could well be disappointing in terms of results, and for once the fans dont really have any other options than to show patience. If they think we are going to click from day 1 of the season then they are more stupid than i thought.

If only the more vociferous of our fans were bright enough to realise that!

The trouble may be that Leicester fans have now got stuck into a mindset of impatience. You can see that in this forum where unrealistic expectations are a precusor to over criticism.

To be fair - Martin Allen has not made any exaggerated claims for the coming season - but he does tend to hype up his own impact and that leads some slightly naive people to build up false expectations.

There is still no need to boo players, but as discussions have shown on here, the attitude of a number of LCFC fans is that they pay their money so they can do what they want at the game.

Therefore, if in their 'expert' knowledge players/team/managers aren't performing up to their unqualified levels, then they have the right to boo and chant "what a load of rubbish" even if its after 1 minute of the first game of the season.

I will not be surprised that if we lose the first home game there will be boos and no doubt some twonk sat near me will start saying "this is the worst Leicester team i've ever seen" for the 6th season in a row.

There is still no need to boo players, but as discussions have shown on here, the attitude of a number of LCFC fans is that they pay their money so they can do what they want at the game.

Therefore, if in their 'expert' knowledge players/team/managers aren't performing up to their unqualified levels, then they have the right to boo and chant "what a load of rubbish" even if its after 1 minute of the first game of the season.

I will not be surprised that if we lose the first home game there will be boos and no doubt some twonk sat near me will start saying "this is the worst Leicester team i've ever seen" for the 6th season in a row.

I agree with all that and also Boc's comments.

Martin Allen has created some enthusiasm but also as a result some expectations.

If people have any sense they will be patient - and only ask for maximum effort and commitment.

If he has been pushing them hard then they may well have been half-knackered for the game anyway.

I think for opposing sides, the beginning of next season could be a good time to play Leicester City but hopefully it might be different by the missle of the season.

we have put up with far too much rubbish over the previous few seasons, that is the reason for impatience now. MM is seen as a quick fix to our poor managerial and player choices since MON left and for once people have had their confidence in our team raised. if the players don't cut the mustard once again many fans will see it as a better squad but once again not the right one to get us where we all want to be. if i was there i would have kicked off with anyone booing our players but I'm sure N'Gotty and Campbell feel right at home with boo boys, they did come from fecking Brum remember?

I am quite surprised at the booing but people with a mindset that we are going to be the dogs Bo**ocks are in for a real shock, we are a transitional team (yet again) and will need time.......... 10th place would be realistic anything better a bonus, still a lot of problems to be sorted
out NOV/DEC. will be the time,to talk of realistic aims this Season.

... sooner or later to be followed by the forcing out of the sixth consecutive City manager?

Training 3 times a day is exactly what the players need. They will be tired from this as anybody would be. The purpose is to get them to a fitness level that exceeds the demands of a week within the season. In this way they should always have that little bit more to give. At this moment in time they are being pushed to their absolute limits and fatigue is a part of that. When the season begins they will have more recovery time and should be at their peak just before each game. Though obviously this cannnot always be the case, with injuries and fixture congestion taking it's toll.

Hearing that we are training three times a day only makes me more optimistic for the start of the season. I'm expecting the players to be in 'tip top' condition. :)

Agree totally with Micky. The regimes of Adams, Levein & Kelly were far too easy. Many fans on message boards noted concerns about fitness under Kelly and this contributed to the lack lustre peformances for sure. Worthington spotted this straight away & Allen's carried it on, thank God. Jock Wallace flogged his team to death in preseason, they were a very average collection of players with some real duds in there (as well as gems), I watched them that season often away as well as home - they went up as champions. I'm not saying extra fitness will do the same this time, it won't! BUT it will result in better performances & concentration levels & we will gain extra points than we would have done under Kelly's regime from that alone. Of course the improved quality of the squad will gain us some more points too. This tougher training sends the signal that players have to WORK and they bl**dy well have to earn their 5k a week (or whatever it is). That this club has ambition and doesn't tolerate underperformance anymore. The Killie game appears to have found the players tired from the extra training, but ofcourse Allen will not overdo it for championship games - fitness was a greater priority than winning the killie game. Of course another priority objective of the trip was to get everyone to know each other.

Why fans of our club would boo our own players in a FRIENDLY is absolutely beyond me. DJ's barely been at the club five minutes for God's sake! People shouldn't have been bigging the team up too much when we were beating the likes of Quorn and Partick and they shouldn't be lambasting them when we lose 1-0 to Kilmarnock.

As has been said above by others, fitness is most important at this stage; that and the team learning about each others strengths and weaknesses. We never got that under Kelly- it was patently obvious at the beginning of last season that the team was miles behind in terms of fitness. The same will NOT be true of this season.

That said, the play-offs is still the aim for the season. Ordinarily I'd be happy with top half, but Milan has stated that the play-offs is the aim. If thats the case no-one should settle for anything less than getting damn close. Because I'm sure that anything less will see MA sacked pretty damn quick.

Last edited:

words have failed me....

Christ it's going to be a long old season if people are getting impatient already. I bet half the leicester players don't even remenber the surname of the lad stood next to them at the moment.

This is seriously early days, pre season friendlys are all about ironing out these issues before the season starts. I saw Leyton Orient out play The Hammers in the week. I'm sure most sane hammers fan's are sensible to undersstand that as an isolated fixture the the result/performance means feck all.

Chill out boys!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670