27072007124vz2.jpg

27072007125kw6.jpg

27072007126in7.jpg

Odihambo Chance
[YOUTUBE]http://youtube.com/watch?v=UO8nvs0xTVM[/YOUTUBE]

Tunnel
[YOUTUBE]http://youtube.com/watch?v=dWR6En8WKm0[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:
i was very disappointed with the performance but you know by the blackpool game eeveryone will be in tip-top condition and raring to go so in in all it was a good work out for the boys. BTW how nice were those 'killie' pies?!?!

I tryed the chicken and the killie one, i had like three of each because they were so nice:)

Last edited:
i was very disappointed with the performance but you know by the blackpool game eeveryone will be in tip-top condition and raring to go so in in all it was a good work out for the boys. BTW how nice were those 'killie' pies?!?!

Brilliant - I had two Killie steak pies - they are legendary up here!

You missed out MHS!

Great photos Fludie, nice one. N'Gotty really looks a giant in the first one....

I think some people went to Scotland for a weekend of drinking, and they saw the match as an inconvenient thing they had to do while they were there. Hence the number of pissed people arriving 10 minutes after it started and leaving before the end.

I know one of these fools - I was also told that they were meeting with fellow Gers and Killie fans earlier in the day for a talk about all things white. :icon_cry:

So it doesnt suprise me to read this information.

Scotland Trip Summary - Gaffers View

From the OS.

Good afternoon,

Today's game was a good workout. It was definitely a step up in quality of opposition.

It was disappointing to concede a goal like that in the first minute. It was a shocking goal to give away. There was a total lack of concentration. The reaction to the free kick being given was 'ah well' instead of getting back and getting in position. But I suppose it is better for that sort of stuff to happen today.

I didn't enjoy watching the first half today. But in the second half we played with much more energy and much more tempo. That was more like it.
Some players have come out of the game with a lot of credit, while some will be disappointed to end their trip with that performance.

We are always learning. It doesn't matter at the minute if we are winning or losing, the important thing is to learn. The opposition didn't have one shot in the second half, and that is without us even playing that well against quite a decent Scottish Premier League team.

We have had a long, tiring week. We have been training three times a day and they have been long days. The players have had to work hard right throughout the week.

But the important thing is the organisation and the preparation for a couple of week's time. We will learn from bits and pieces that happened out there today.

If I am honest I thought at times we looked tired. We didn't play with our normal urgency and tenacity. I suppose after the week that they have had they could put that as an excuse, or you could say that they are just the facts.

It has been a good week in Scotland and we have had a good time up here together. I have learnt an awful lot about the players while we have been away. I have got to know them all a lot better and I have enjoyed their company off the field.

Overall I think the trip abroad to Scotland has been very good for our club.

Best wishes,

Martin

Re: Scotland Trip Summary - Gaffers View

I sometimes wonder if i've stepped into a time warp....

Re: Scotland Trip Summary - Gaffers View

I have just been informed that Ken Dodd's dad's dog is dead.......

Some feedback from the Killie fans site:

Very encouraging to see Gary getting on the scoresheet and to see Fernandez getting on (was very suprised to see that actually!)

Was good to get our first real win of pre-season, Leicester are a good team and have made a few good signings so that is good!

With the new signings they have made, who were playing, that is a very good result and needed badly for a bit of confidence.

If DJ Campbell's a £2m player, then the same price for Steven Naismith is an absolute bargain.

DJ has some pace but he couldn't stop pulling our defenders down.

a win is a win but the final pass let us down badly and the wide men for us struggled badly

only thing that kept me awake far parts of the game was 90 minutes of never ending rants from the away dug out .."keep it keep it "...."de vries de vries"......from Mr Allen.....
a throw back to the old style coaching methods

Mr Allen had some good banter with the fans, from what i saw.

The guy is a Grade A tube.

Anyone that thinks Leicester were a good team need their head examined just like Forest they are a pretty poor side in fact both teams are no better than an average Scottish 1st division side.

No movement, no defence splitting passes, no imagination. it looks as if we will have to bore the opposition to bits this season. Not good enough JJ. Some really poor stuff on show today.

I think it's you that needs your heed examined how can you compare Forest & Leicester with the likes of QOS, Partick Dunfermline etc etc.
Unless i missed something during pre-season I cant recall QOS spending £2million on a player or having a 30,000 All Seater Stadium or a MULTI MILLIONAIRE Chairman.

thought forest and leicster were both pants.
no tactics. their manager best advice today was "RUN FORWARD" do they normally run backwards?
we defended superb today though, fright gave their no9 feck all.
nish won a free kick in the first minute and quickly put it on a plate for walesey who finished cool as you like.
signs are very good imo.
we might even get a wee draw at parkheed!!

yeh i have to agree, forest were bad and i was expecting to see some higher class opposition today but leicester really were rank rotten! £2m for that striker!? he was terrible, i actually found myself laughing out loud at how far away he was from some attempted headers.

i suppose its the same as dumbarton and raith saying we are pants aswell because of the friendly results, they mean nothing. A win today will give us a little bit of confidence though goin to parkhead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669