Kilmarnock v Leicester Post Match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We were rubbish yesterday, but there was still no need for the boos from some of the Leicester fans at the game. People were even giving the likes of N'Gotty and Campbell the usual Leicester 'welcome'.

started already ,FFS its pre-season and they where a week ahead of us in the build up to thier season ,i know it was a daft goal to give away but for god sake give them a chance ,like half time on the 11th :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

We were rubbish yesterday, but there was still no need for the boos from some of the Leicester fans at the game. People were even giving the likes of N'Gotty and Campbell the usual Leicester 'welcome'.

The Mark Bright special. :icon_roll

. Jock Wallace flogged his team to death in preseason, they were a very average collection of players with some real duds in there (as well as gems), I watched them that season often away as well as home - they went up as champions.

And, of course, Jock Wallace's teams were given tremendous backing by the fans - win or lose.

Times have changed - I spose partly because some supporters resent the money paid to the players.

Last edited by a moderator:
can't believe that any fans who go all the way up to Scotland for a friendly just to boo new players.

I think some people went to Scotland for a weekend of drinking, and they saw the match as an inconvenient thing they had to do while they were there. Hence the number of pissed people arriving 10 minutes after it started and leaving before the end.

And, of course, Jock Wallace's teams were given tremendous backing by the fans - win or lose.

Times have changed - I spose partly because some supporters resent the money paid to the players.

Imo too many of todays fans were brought up on the success of the 90's. Its like a whole generation of young fans thought that what they witnessed was the norm. Those of us that have been around longer realize it wasnt the norm it was an exception.

Melton Fox said:
Edit:[a whole load of racist stuff that Melton intended as a parody]]
Right, for those who can't understand that I was parodying (is that a word) those very people that Mark Bright refers to, get a grip.

I have recieved yet another warning/infraction for my comments. I thought people might take them in the good humour in which it was meant to be.

I guess not

Parody =

a composition that imitates somebody's style in a humorous way
make a spoof of or make fun of
humorous or satirical mimicry
spoof: make a parody of; "The students spoofed the teachers"

If anybody for one minute really thought I was serious, I feel for you.

Last edited by a moderator:
I could not believe the boos at half time - it made me and my brother-in-lawe laugh it was that ridiculous. As Jeff said, it was the pisshed up brigade at the back the boos came from. I also sat next to a right moaner - I don't know why they bother to go. DJ was a complete waste of money, we were in another relegation battle and it was going to be a long and miserable winter as far as he was concerned - some people are not happy unless they are moaning.

It was one of the worst games of footie I have seen in a long time, with neither team really threatening. Good finish from Wales in the first minute when we totally switched off from a free kick. Other than that I think they had one other shot in the first half that was blocked by Stearman and that was their last attempt on our goal from what I can remember.

City were poor and disjointed, but much the better team in the second half and missed chances costs us. Hume (2), DJ (1) and N'Gotty (1) all had really good chances and missed by a long way. Chamber came the closest in the first half and not sure if it was a cross or a shot!

Ratings for the players:

Neilsen 5 Had nothing to do, but did nothing wrong the limited times he was called on

Stearman 5 Was very vocal, did some good defensive work, but also made some mistakes

Chambers 5 Looked poor at times at left back, but played better in the 2nd half (esp after switched to right back)

N'Gotty 6 Thought he did well, but tired a bit towards the end and made some distribution errors and missed a great chance from a corner

McAuley 7 Thought he had a very solid game (one crap shot though)

Newton 3 Busy fool, lots of energy and lots of errors and poor decisions

Mattock 5 Started really well, but got worse as the game went on

Kish 7.5 Thought he was our best player - did the simple things very well.

Clemence 5 Started very well, but went off the boil in the 2nd half and gave the ball away a lot

Hume 6 Started very well and for once earned some of the over the top praise he gets from our fans. Missed two great chances though and faded a bit before he was taken off

DJ 3 Didn't get much service and started fouling a lot. Had one great chance and put it well off target

Subs:

Sheehan 2 I would have liked to see more of him in the team, I thought we had good balance when he was playing (briefly) and looked dangerous down the left. He was subbed after getting booked for a very crude tackle on Sylla (ha ha)

Weso 4 Very poor. Got knocked off the ball easily and the end product wasn't there

Fryatt 5.5 Showed some nice touches occassionally and got no help from the ref (who was a homer and very poor)

de Vries 5.5 Got some rough treatment, but held the ball up well when played to feet - no real chances though

Right, for those who can't understand that I was parodying (is that a word) those very people that Mark Bright refers to, get a grip.

I have recieved yet another warning/infraction for my comments. I thought people might take them in the good humour in which it was meant to be.

I guess not

Parody =

a composition that imitates somebody's style in a humorous way
make a spoof of or make fun of
humorous or satirical mimicry
spoof: make a parody of; "The students spoofed the teachers"

If anybody for one minute really thought I was serious, I feel for you.

Was it Hitler?

Was it Hitler?
No, I got reported by another member.

If they read enough of my posts they'd know that I agree with the Mark Bright theory, and I felt comfortable with the parody.

I guess it's their ignorance that has got me in trouble, not mine.

I've always thought of him as a member.

No, I got reported by another member.

If they read enough of my posts they'd know that I agree with the Mark Bright theory, and I felt comfortable with the parody.

I guess it's their ignorance that has got me in trouble, not mine.

I saw it and I know you tend to agree with the Mark Bright theory. I think the thing that spooked most of us is that it was out of character and whilst that supports the parody angle you do have a once in a while tendency to have "verbal explosions". It is not always easy to distinguish the sensible Melts from some other posts. ;)

I saw it and I know you tend to agree with the Mark Bright theory. I think the thing that spooked most of us is that it was out of character and whilst that supports the parody angle you do have a once in a while tendency to have "verbal explosions". It is not always easy to distinguish the sensible Melts from some other posts. ;)
Good point Steven and I understand that, but still, how it was taken seriously is beyond me. However, I do appreciate that world is full of either vindictave, envious or sensitive little souls and I must learn that a superior intelligence may have a tendancy to confuse and upset some people who don't understand things outside of black and white (as in the text, not the differentiation of a person by the colour of their skin).

I must do better next time.

Yeh i too heard the booing, was coming from a few men on the far left, disgraceful!

Last edited:
Oooh I like your thinking Dour, I'd not thought about that.

Don't you get to find out who reported you?

That's crap, if I got reported I'd like to know who by.:icon_bigg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670