Kindle Fire HD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, that is pretty shitty to be fair. Just don't try ordering it from Google direct as they make CPW's customer service sound amazing!!

Quite a few shops have reduced this to £189 by the way but guessing that would be little solace if you are still awaiting a refund?

**** you CpW - I'm typing this on my new 64gb Playbook. £129 including a free case from PCW.

Bloody ****ing Playbook.

Half a day spent trying to root it has left me with what I had before minus a handful of desired apps.

And BB appstore is a ****ing pool of over-priced, feted piss.

Bloody ****ing Playbook.

Half a day spent trying to root it has left me with what I had before minus a handful of desired apps.

And BB appstore is a ****ing pool of over-priced, feted piss.

I looked into rooting mine when I got it but realised there would be no benefit from doing it.

There will be a lot more available in the app store when the new version of the OS is released in the next few months.

You should get one of these while they still have some at this price: http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/blackberry-playbook-rapid-charging-stand-12v-10834860-pdt.html

Last edited:
I looked into rooting mine when I got it but realised there would be no benefit from doing it.

There will be a lot more available in the app store when the new version of the OS is released in the next few months.

You should get one of these while they still have some at this price: http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/blackberry-playbook-rapid-charging-stand-12v-10834860-pdt.html

Nice, thanks for that Jeff, I'll pop to the store tomorrow.

It's not just the range of apps which is really disappointing, it's the price. Five quid an angry bird? Laughable. And the twitter app I bought is utter gash.

At least I've finally got back all my original apps.

Five quid an angry bird? Laughable.

Sideload the free Android versions, they work fine.

And the twitter app I bought is utter gash.

Blaq?

I bought that after reading that it was the best Twitter app, but it's rubbish. I've installed the Android version of Tweetcaster which works well, although it sometimes takes too long to update, so I usually just use the browser version of Twitter unless I need to access one of my other Twitter accounts.

Sideload the free Android versions, they work fine.

Blaq?

I bought that after reading that it was the best Twitter app, but it's rubbish. I've installed the Android version of Tweetcaster which works well, although it sometimes takes too long to update, so I usually just use the browser version of Twitter unless I need to access one of my other Twitter accounts.

I learnt about sideloading today. I'm as happy as a Hull fan going "Grr".

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk

I got a Samsung Note 10 for Christmas. It's fecking beaut.

I knew me and Matt had something in common, It's a shame he lost the plot and blocked me, we could have become amazing friends and sent each other S notes.

The Acer Iconia B1 budget tablet is in ASDA and Sainsbury's now for £99, it's a pretty decent budget tablet with expandable memory and standard Android Jelly Bean OS so no lock outs on the app store.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363