Kis-your-nobbo

Status
Not open for further replies.
beighton155 said:
So what should we do? Pretend like certain people on here that everything is fine and dandy and then come May think "f*ck me, we're relegated, didn't see that coming"?

Theres a difference between faith and blind faith.

I agree booing is not the answer, but if players are underperforming then the manager should not play them, if he does he opens them and himself up to the response of the crowd.

Thanks for that, is there? No, I think the answer is turning up in our thousands and encouraging first, and booing a performance without (wrongly too) singling out individuals.

Last edited:
Boy Genius said:
So you think that the rest of the players play at their best when they hear team mates being slated?.....:102:

If CL didn't play Kisnorbo (or any other player who underperforms) then the crowd would be unable to get on Kisnorbo's back. I agree some fans will still find ways to boo a player even if he isn't on the pitch, but where I sit they are very few and far between.

My point is not that players aren't affected by booing, of course they are, but if they aren't playing well consistantly then the fans have a right to voice their opinion, and posting on boards is the least harmful method.

If CL hadn't persisted in playing Kisnorbo (or Hammill or whoever) then we would not be having this conversation.

beighton155 said:
Thank god, I can spend all day on here knowing I'm safe!!:038:

Verbal warnings, meetings with a witness, writen warnings its endless.

I just want to twat them most of the times. The best way is if they walk. Please dont get me going on this I go on for hours and then need drugs to bring me down.......:eek: :102:

alex said:
Thanks for that, is there? No, I think the answer is turning up in our thousands and encouraging first, and booing a performance without (wrongly too) singling out individuals.

But surely by your own argument booing the whole team at the end will just ruin the confidence of the whole team? How does that figure?

beighton155 said:
If CL didn't play Kisnorbo (or any other player who underperforms) then the crowd would be unable to get on Kisnorbo's back. I agree some fans will still find ways to boo a player even if he isn't on the pitch, but where I sit they are very few and far between.

My point is not that players aren't affected by booing, of course they are, but if they aren't playing well consistantly then the fans have a right to voice their opinion, and posting on boards is the least harmful method.

If CL hadn't persisted in playing Kisnorbo (or Hammill or whoever) then we would not be having this conversation.

we would be moaning about another player or two. The one who is in fashion to moan at that particular time.....:102:

I'm sorry but people are not Pavlov's dogs. If they see constantly see something below standard they surely can't be expecetd to respond in a positive way.

I think there has infact been a hell of a lot of patience shown with all the signings brought in by CL, it's only been the frustration of seeing the lack of effort recently that's brought things to a 'boiling point' in recent games.

beighton155 said:
So what should we do? Pretend like certain people on here that everything is fine and dandy and then come May think "f*ck me, we're relegated, didn't see that coming"?

Theres a difference between faith and blind faith.

I agree booing is not the answer, but if players are underperforming then the manager should not play them, if he does he opens them and himself up to the response of the crowd.

But is that not letting the crowd then pick the team,the Manager might believe they are performing.Theres nothing at all wrong with criticising players on here thats what the purpose of the place is but insults and constant criticism of one particular players is out OTT.Only my opinion and I could well be wrong,I don't think we are relegated yet but again I might be wrong.I'm well aware that we are in the shit though and need to stand behind our team,not Craig Levein,not Dion Dublin,not Patrick Kisnorbo but our .Team our Club.

Boy Genius said:
we would be moaning about another player or two. The one who is in fashion to moan at that particular time.....:102:

I still would argue that the only reason that any player is "in fasion" to moan as is because they are constantly underperforming. If the manager insists on playing him then the player is not to blame. But god forbid we have a go at CL for playing the wrong players, we might knock his confidence:icon_roll

They are professional footballers, do you think when they were training in the academy as wee lads they honestly thought, "hey guys, I'm great I'll never get boo'd". They should be able to deal with it. If we all cheered endlessly surely they would think "hey we're doing a great job here lads, let's not buck up our ideas"?

highland fox said:
But is that not letting the crowd then pick the team,the Manager might believe they are performing.Theres nothing at all wrong with criticising players on here thats what the purpose of the place is but insults and constant criticism of one particular players is out OTT.Only my opinion and I could well be wrong,I don't think we are relegated yet but again I might be wrong.I'm well aware that we are in the shit though and need to stand behind our team,not Craig Levein,not Dion Dublin,not Patrick Kisnorbo but our .Team our Club.

And I am well up for that, I will continue to be at every (home) game cheering the team on.

And if the manager feels that the team are performing at the moment then that is yet more reason for him to go

highland fox said:

:038: :038: :038: :038: :038: Well said....take a bow

beighton155 said:
I still would argue that the only reason that any player is "in fasion" to moan as is because they are constantly underperforming. If the manager insists on playing him then the player is not to blame. But god forbid we have a go at CL for playing the wrong players, we might knock his confidence:icon_roll

They are professional footballers, do you think when they were training in the academy as wee lads they honestly thought, "hey guys, I'm great I'll never get boo'd". They should be able to deal with it. If we all cheered endlessly surely they would think "hey we're doing a great job here lads, let's not buck up our ideas"?

Thats exactly what the young lads think...

And as you say its the manager who picks the team, the manager who says who plays where, the buck stops with him IMO.
Its when he plays a player out of his natural position, the player is not going to perform to his best, and some of our fans get on his back for playing shite.

highland fox said:
Looks as though The Witchfinders have found a new Target and left De Vries alone for a while after nearly destroying him....
Can we not have a joke any more?

I happen to feel sorry for Kisnorbo, booing him before he reaches the pitch like at the Spurs game was out of order. The treatment he got on Saturday was shocking too.

However, Kisnorbo has looked out of his depth in this league, so far. But it isn't his fault CL wanted bring him here, and it's not his fault he keeps being played.

His reaction when he scored at Watford was brilliant, and I'd really like it to work for him, but at this moment in time, it doesn't look hopeful.

Boy Genius said:
:038: :038: :038: :038: :038: Well said....take a bow

People get the impression I have my head in the sand I don't,I know we are in the Shit but talk of certain relegation is totally ridiculous with 18 games of the season remaining and CONSTANT slating of the Manager and finding any stick to beat him or his players with won't improve things.

Boy Genius said:
Thats exactly what the young lads think...

And as you say its the manager who picks the team, the manager who says who plays where, the buck stops with him IMO.
Its when he plays a player out of his natural position, the player is not going to perform to his best, and some of our fans get on his back for playing shite.

I'm bored of this now, we appear to be going round in circles. To sum up:

I do not agree with booing, but if people want to come on here and slag of a player then they should be free to do so. After all we slag of Thracian enough, why should people we pay to see be any different?

If people are bored or sick of reading negative threads, don't read them.

The buck must ultimately stop with the manger, I agree, but he doesn't appear to have a clue.

LeeH said:

I happen to feel sorry for Kisnorbo, booing him before he reaches the pitch like at the Spurs game was out of order. The treatment he got on Saturday was shocking too.

However, Kisnorbo has looked out of his depth in this league, so far. But it isn't his fault CL wanted bring him here, and it's not his fault he keeps being played.

His reaction when he scored at Watford was brilliant, and I'd really like it to work for him, but at this moment in time, it doesn't look hopeful.

No jokes anymore....

highland fox said:
People get the impression I have my head in the sand I don't,I know we are in the Shit but talk of certain relegation is totally ridiculous with 18 games of the season remaining and CONSTANT slating of the Manager and finding any stick to beat him or his players with won't improve things.

I don't believe relegation is guaranteed, but I am very interested to know what you think will change? Why will the players and manager suddenly pull it together when they haven't all season?

Being in the bottom 3 may give them a jolt but it has been obvious to anyone with a brain the direction we have been heading recently, so surely they should have pulled their finger out before we got here, unless this is the best they are capable of?

highland fox said:

My views on if we should keep CL any longer, have gone down over the last few weeks as you know. But a lot of these players will be here after he has gone, and maybe just maybe they will improve under another manager, IMO its the manager who has put us in this situation.
Things have to be done before its too late.

LeeH said:

The point I was trying to make and obviously failing to do so:icon_lol: was that its not just the one player who has got us into the shit but it always seems people are ready to single out and vent their anger on the one Individual be it Kisnorbo,be it Hammill be it MDV.

highland fox said:
The point I was trying to make and obviously failing to do so:icon_lol: was that its not just the one player who has got us into the shit but it always seems people are ready to single out and vent their anger on the one Individual be it Kisnorbo,be it Hammill be it MDV.

But if you look across the different threads then all the players and the manager are taking a rolloking at the moment in fairness.

beighton155 said:
But if you look across the different threads then all the players and the manager are taking a rolloking at the moment in fairness.

Hume, McCarthy, Stearman and Gerrbrand dont seem to be getting much stick and they are all guilty of making expensive mistakes this season too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566