Kisnorbo Latest According to Aussie Press

Status
Not open for further replies.
bocadillo said:
It's very hot on what Kisnorbo's agent is saying and very cool on anything else. It's most unusual for a contract to be re-negotiated when it still has two years left to run.

I really think the agent and Kisnorbo would do well to consider the effect of this on the player's relationship with the fans. The club really have no need to give him any extra money.

Unless he was getting paid peanuts compared to the others, that is the only way i would reneogaite it to put him on an equal footing with the rest.

Maybe there was a clause in it we don't know!

It's just silly season stuff - he's got two years to run on his contract, and there is no way we will renegotiate it now I would have thought. If we want to keep him after the two years are up, the time to offer a rise on his present contract is about six months before it is up.

It does appear a little strange that the contract talks are being conducted through the press, you have to question his Agents motives, it looks to me a classic case of playing each club off against each other to secure the best deal possible for his client, and I notice that there are a lot of references as to how PK loves it at Leicester and working under RK, this firmly puts it back at the clubs door and would appear to try and curry favour with the fans.

I still think he will leave and blame it on the fact that despite wanting to stay the board were not prepared to push the boat out to keep him.

If he was so fecking happy at Leicester then why is he trying to hold the club to ransom, and why conduct contract negotiations in the public domain, for me this is nothing more than the usual bullshit that comes from a player and his agent just before he leaves or fires in a transfer request.

Real Sharapova said:
It's just silly season stuff - he's got two years to run on his contract, and there is no way we will renegotiate it now I would have thought. If we want to keep him after the two years are up, the time to offer a rise on his present contract is about six months before it is up.

A little before that, actually. Remember that players are allowed to talk to other clubs in the last six months of their contracts (as Joey did). Decision time is really when theere is a year left on the contract - it really needs to be extended then if a player is not to beallowed to 'run out' his contract and leave.

bocadillo said:
A little before that, actually. Remember that players are allowed to talk to other clubs in the last six months of their contracts (as Joey did). Decision time is really when theere is a year left on the contract - it really needs to be extended then if a player is not to beallowed to 'run out' his contract and leave.
You are right. With PK, bearing in mind we got him on a free, I would not give in to stupid demands, as we do not have the previous fee to bear in mind ( I know that this should not make any difference at all, but when you have made a significant investment in a player, it just feels wrong if they walk away ).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00