Kisnorbo Latest According to Aussie Press

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems the Aussies were right (or that's what PK's agent says):

Kisnorbo earns contract talks

by Andy Mann

Patrick Kisnorbo's end-of-season form for Leicester City could earn him a new contract at the club.

The defender, who has returned to Australia to spend time with his family during the close-season, still has two years left on his current deal.

However, his agent Lou Sticca today said discussions have opened between the club and Kisnorbo over improved terms and a possible extension.

Kisnorbo was often outstanding in his first campaign at the Walkers Stadium, particularly in the last third of the season as City escaped relegation.

Relegated Birmingham have been heavily linked with a move for Kisnorbo, with manager Steve Bruce seeing the defender in the draw at Coventry. Everton and Blackburn have also been linked with him.

But Sticca said Kisnorbo, who has missed out on a place in the Australia World Cup squad, was “delighted” to be playing for City, while manager Robert Kelly sees the Aussie as a key part of his plans.

Sticca said: “Rob has made it very clear that he is not for sale and that Patrick is a valued player. They are looking to see what they can do to provide him with a better deal.

“Patrick is very happy playing under Rob and is delighted to be playing at Leicester City.

“If we can make that marriage even more attractive, if it's more long-term, then fantastic. There's no real urgency.

“It is great to know that the club thinks so highly of him.”

City boss Kelly said: “Patrick has still got two years left on his contract and is very much in the club's plans.”

Meanwhile, City defender Richard Stearman has been diagnosed with a small tear in the cartilage in his right knee.

The club today said the problem was not serious and were confident Stearman would be fit for the new season.

However, City's Young Player of the Year has been advised to take two weeks' rest to help clear up the injury.

Kelly said: “We have been advised that he needs a couple of weeks' complete rest. We are confident that it will be okay for the start of the season.”

http://www.thebluearmy.co.uk/details.asp?key=1D29|0|2185366269754|R|536|4759201152006420702631

I have to say I'm disappointed.

Melton Fox said:
I don't care if Kisnorbo goes or stays.

Have to say I agree. We have good enough cover in the likes of Gerrbrand and Johansson. Would be good if we could snap up McAuley from Lincoln as well to replace him.

Mike Hunt Smells said:
Have to say I agree. We have good enough cover in the likes of Gerrbrand and Johansson. Would be good if we could snap up McAuley from Lincoln as well to replace him.

Would rather sell Kisnorbo, bring McAuley in on a free and use the 750k (or whatever) on a good midfielder.

Leigh said:
Would rather sell Kisnorbo, bring McAuley in on a free and use the 750k (or whatever) on a good midfielder.

Exactly, we could really have sorted out out one or two other problem areas, especially when there are the likes of McAuley and Kenton available on free's as potential replacements.

And it is more than likely that RK will have further limited his opportunities in the transfer market by blowing a proportion of his budget on retaining a player who has had a decent half a season and has a further 2 years to run on his existing deal. Strange to say the least.

Last edited:
Mike Hunt Smells said:
Leigh is a girls name......

But if Leigh were a boy it would be a boy's name :102:

highland fox said:
Me neither....wait til the Southern Ponce finds out:icon_roll
Why, will he stop being interested

Leigh said:
Seems the Aussies were right (or that's what PK's agent says)

It's very hot on what Kisnorbo's agent is saying and very cool on anything else. It's most unusual for a contract to be re-negotiated when it still has two years left to run.

I really think the agent and Kisnorbo would do well to consider the effect of this on the player's relationship with the fans. The club really have no need to give him any extra money.

Mike Hunt Smells said:
Leigh is a girls name......

I thought Willlow was a girl's name until I saw the extra 'l'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00