Kisnorbo Latest According to Aussie Press

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im firmly with the idea that we should try and keep our current squad together. Although offering Kisnorbo a new deal when he already has a while left on his contract seems a bit silly.. as has been said, hes only played well for a half season. On a side note, I hope he gets into the Aussie squad, surely hes one of the best defenders they've got available to them at the moment?

Good point, if he does go the World Cup, and does well, at the very least it would improve any bids that come in for him- it would be foolish to think about selling until then.

PONTUS KAAMARK said:
Ha ha ha. I dont believe a word of this, is obviously utter toss.

I agree with you PK. Surely there needs to be a formal offer before any interested clubs could talk to PK about salary?

For those who are talking about having a policy, would you be happy with the following:

Interest in PK at much higher salary than we can pay, so let him go for a good fee.
Later in summer there is similar interest in Stearman and Fryatt so we let them go for good fees.

In January we have similar interest in McCarthy and Wesolowski so we let them go for good fees.

Consistent application of a policy means that this would happen. We would get some of the money on buying new players, but there is no guarantee that RK would make good purchases and we get no continuity in the squad again

I am sure there will be an agreed cap between RK and the board for ANY player when it comes to wages, but RK may still decide to wheel and deal in a limited way if he thinks it is in the best interest of the squad and the club.

Granite Fox said:
I agree with you PK. Surely there needs to be a formal offer before any interested clubs could talk to PK about salary?

For those who are talking about having a policy, would you be happy with the following:

Interest in PK at much higher salary than we can pay, so let him go for a good fee.
Later in summer there is similar interest in Stearman and Fryatt so we let them go for good fees.

In January we have similar interest in McCarthy and Wesolowski so we let them go for good fees.

Consistent application of a policy means that this would happen. We would get some of the money on buying new players, but there is no guarantee that RK would make good purchases and we get no continuity in the squad again

I am sure there will be an agreed cap between RK and the board for ANY player when it comes to wages, but RK may still decide to wheel and deal in a limited way if he thinks it is in the best interest of the squad and the club.

For a start clubs tap players up left, right and centre, not directly but usually through agents and intermediatrys or international team mates, such as Tim Cahill at Everton, Stan Lazaridis at Brum and Lucas Neill at Blackburn, surprisingly all 3 interested parties have Aussie players at the club, so quite easy to have a conversation with PK and mention relevant interest, salaries etc.

Also as far as policy goes, I would be unhappy to see players of the quality of Fryatt, Stearman and Hume move on, but if they were after improved deals that could lead the club back down the road of playing financial Russian roulette then I am afraid I would have to wave them goodbye.

One thing that the whole administration period should have taught us all, is that we have to be prudent and responsible with our finances, we cannot afford to spend money we can ill afford chasing dreams that may not come to fruitition.

Players come and go, they always have done and always will, but we have one club and one club only, so I hope that the people entrusted with the responsibility of running our club will protect and ensure our club never repeats the mistakes of the Elsom and Taylor era.

Last edited:
jb5000 said:
Good point, if he does go the World Cup, and does well, at the very least it would improve any bids that come in for him- it would be foolish to think about selling until then.

I will make some forecasts:

1. PK is unlikely to be selected for their World Cup squad - but if he does then I don't think he will be play much of a part;

2. If he is sold - then I don't think the fee would be significantly above 400k anyway.

Redditch Fox said:
I will make some forecasts:

1. PK is unlikely to be selected for their World Cup squad - but if he does then I don't think he will be play much of a part;

2. If he is sold - then I don't think the fee would be significantly above 400k anyway.

No 1 is a fairly safe bet Redditich, the Aussies named their squad today and PK as you predict was absent from the squad.

Can I just say that if Kelly moves Kisnorbo to centre back then i predict he would be a much better player :icon_roll :icon_wink

Duzza said:
Can I just say that if Kelly moves Kisnorbo to centre back then i predict he would be a much better player :icon_roll :icon_wink

:icon_lol:

Duzza said:
Err....pedant alert.......CL moved him to CH for the Plymouth away game. I'll get my coat, the pub's open anyway.:icon_redf

Last edited:
Real Sharapova said:
Err....pedant alert.......CL moved him to CH for the Plymouth away game. I'll get my coat, the pub's open anyway.:icon_redf

Don't worry, you are just spending too much time with Boc....:icon_wink

Duzza said:

Now that is a fantastic idea. I reckon we should sign Fryatt from Walsall too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00