Kisnorbo Latest According to Aussie Press

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think we should be selling any of our better players really.

the fact that you can pick an individual mistake like the southampton one only proves that the guy is quality at the back. Why when we have only just get a very balanced centre defence do you want to go and undo it again. for the last 3 fecking years we have talked about building a team that know each other, fecking off the most balanced part of our side is suicide.

Sort it you tossers :)

Oh I don't want to get rid, I rate the guy. I was just disputing the fact that he is better than Mcarthy. I also don't think he is that solid int he air, none of our defence is, that is why we lose alot of goals at corners and free kicks. I think Kisnorbo has come on leaps and bounds.

beighton155 said:
Oh I don't want to get rid, I rate the guy. I was just disputing the fact that he is better than Mcarthy. I also don't think he is that solid int he air, none of our defence is, that is why we lose alot of goals at corners and free kicks. I think Kisnorbo has come on leaps and bounds.

I agree, Kisnorbo looks to be a good defender, but we need a commanding centre half, who can deal with the more physical aspect of the championship, as Beighton says a defender who can command the box at set pieces, despite excellent individual performances at the back, we have still looked capable of conceding. That is why I feel that it could be good to cash in Kisnorbo.

We have quick and mobile centre halfs what we need is a Gerry Taggart / Steve Walsh type no nonsense defender. I still dont believe we have the right balance defensively.

Last edited:
If Stearman, Fryatt, McCarthy or Hume wanted or rise to £8k a week to keep them at the club should we give it to them ?

1966 said:
If Stearman, Fryatt, McCarthy or Hume wanted or rise to £8k a week to keep them at the club should we give it to them ?

The Club have to make a policy decision on this - it can't just be done on an individual basis. The policy decision will shape the club for the future.

I'm glad I don't have to make that decision and know how hard it will be for the club to satisfy all the aspirations of its supporters.

bocadillo said:
The Club have to make a policy decision on this - it can't just be done on an individual basis. The policy decision will shape the club for the future.

I'm glad I don't have to make that decision and know how hard it will be for the club to satisfy all the aspirations of its supporters.

I thought the whole point of putting players on long term contracts was to generate some stability, and if these players were to perform then at least the club would be adequately compensated and therefore able to become self sufficient. Similar to Crewe's philiosphy of developing youngsters to then sell on for huge profit.

However if we are to bow everytime a player attracts interest from other clubs and offer ridiculous wage increases to players already on lengthy contracts then IMO we will be making the same mistakes we made under the reign of Elsom.

Surely this is a similar scenario to the Hammond deal only in reverse, we have a player under contract and only 1 year into a 3 year agreement and yet we are prepared to throw money at the situation, and I also agree it sends the wrong message out to the rest of the squad.

If Kisnorbo wants to stay on his present terms then I would be delighted, however if the only way we can keep him involves committing to improved contracts then I am afraid, I would wave him off, we cannot afford to gamble with the clubs future. No player will ever be bigger than the club.

beighton155 said:
I have to disagree on both parts, he missed the header against Southampton in the cup for starters!

If you mean the one where they scored I remember that Gerrbrand should have dealt with that one! As it was directly in front of me!

McAuley looks like a tall commanding centre back (from the little snippets ive seen of him), if we are interested in him it could be the reason we may let PK go

PFKAKTF FOX said:
I thought the whole point of putting players on long term contracts was to generate some stability, and if these players were to perform then at least the club would be adequately compensated and therefore able to become self sufficient. Similar to Crewe's philiosphy of developing youngsters to then sell on for huge profit.

However if we are to bow everytime a player attracts interest from other clubs and offer ridiculous wage increases to players already on lengthy contracts then IMO we will be making the same mistakes we made under the reign of Elsom.

Surely this is a similar scenario to the Hammond deal only in reverse, we have a player under contract and only 1 year into a 3 year agreement and yet we are prepared to throw money at the situation, and I also agree it sends the wrong message out to the rest of the squad.

If Kisnorbo wants to stay on his present terms then I would be delighted, however if the only way we can keep him involves committing to improved contracts then I am afraid, I would wave him off, we cannot afford to gamble with the clubs future. No player will ever be bigger than the club.

I agree entirely. Once the policy has been made, it should be followed in exactly the way you state. The only exception would be when there was only one year of a contract remaining when we might want to 'get ahead of the game' and extend contracts rather than run the risk of losing the player.

But in the end, if a player wants to play at a higher level or to be paid at a higher level than we can afford, in reality we have to let him go - we can only delay this (by contract) not altogether prevent it. I'm just not sure that all supporters are ready to accept this.

bocadillo said:
I agree entirely. Once the policy has been made, it should be followed in exactly the way you state. The only exception would be when there was only one year of a contract remaining when we might want to 'get ahead of the game' and extend contracts rather than run the risk of losing the player.

But in the end, if a player wants to play at a higher level or to be paid at a higher level than we can afford, in reality we have to let him go - we can only delay this (by contract) not altogether prevent it. I'm just not sure that all supporters are ready to accept this.

Great Post Boc. Couldnt have put it better myself.

Kisnorbo: "I have had a very good season and the talk of moving to a bigger club is very flattering."

See ya :039:

Duzza said:
Kisnorbo: "I have had a very good season and the talk of moving to a bigger club is very flattering."

Shouldnt that be very good 2nd half of the season !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know this is GCSE Business Studies but you have to manage your costs in business particularly when you can't guarantee to generate extra revenue.

If we start to up players wages when someone is interested in them we'll be back in admin in no time. Agents will see us as a soft touch and there'll be all sort of rumours flying around for our players in the hope of a new deal.

Keep the structure and let him go if he doesn't like it..........

Duzza said:

Perhaps there was a bit of selective quoting and the whole of what he said was, "I have had a very good season and the talk of moving to a bigger club is very flattering, but I simply want to stay at Leicester and start to repay them for the faith that they showed in me."

He may or may not have completed the sentence with the words, "... when I was crap".
;)

bocadillo said:
Perhaps there was a bit of selective quoting and the whole of what he said was, "I have had a very good season and the talk of moving to a bigger club is very flattering, but I simply want to stay at Leicester and start to repay them for the faith that they showed in me."

He may or may not have completed the sentence with the words, "... when I was crap".
;)

:icon_bigg (doubt it ;) )

bocadillo said:

;)
more likely to have finished it with, "when I was sh**e but now the fans think Im alright/Dynamite."

I think there are a few OTT reactions here to something that has only been reported in the convicts press.
I would be very surprised if the story of offering new terms is true, we all know that the budget is tight, if we have anything at all, and the most likely conclusion to this would be that PK will leave and we will make a profit on him.
O.K he has been our most improved player since moving to the back, but before that he was shocking and if somebody had offered us 50p back then most of you would have snapped thier hands off.

As it has been said many time before, at least one of our better players is going to leave this summer (for a nice profit) and I would rather it be PK than somebody like Hume or Fyatt. Hopefully we would be able to resist other offers, but if they are too good to turn down players will leave. That is life now at LCFC and until we gain promotion that is how it will be season after season.

bocadillo said:

;)

alternatively and a lot more probably ----with the words 'understood' but not spoken....."unless of course a bigger club comes in for me and then, I'm off!"

PK is not exactly a local boy and IMO his agent is talking him up whilst he's in a good spell to get a better deal for his client, either here or elsewhere.

That's what agents and players do.

I imagine this is just misquoting or work by his agent or something, but I'd rather sell PK then pay him 8k p/w honestly. We could bring in another player (McAuley say?) on a free transfer and the same wage that PK is on now and then still have the transfer money to play with (750k?), not to mention we already have four more centre-backs at the club anyway. The money might also safeguard some of our other players as well as we won't need to sell to get a transfer budget. I don't really like the idea of a player saying 'pay me more or I'll leave', I know it's the nature of the business now but I still don't like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00