Speculation Knockaert to Ipswich

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Knockaert

Out of contract this summer

Good chance we'll never see him in a Leicester shirt again

I really like Knockaert, and I don't think he's been given a chance to prove himself in the Premier League, but it's good if he's getting regular football. He won't get that here.

Would be a massive loss next season if we did lose him this summer.

Could understand if he did decide to leave though as he's had sod all opportunity this year.

I am really shocked by this decision, surely in our situation the one thing we need to do is retain players that gives us options. Now Knocky certainly ain't Messi but he is capable of producing a moment that scores or creates a goal, worthy of a place on the bench or possibly starting in front of Schlupp who could move to left back. Also given Albrighton's in the dog house, our options out wide suddenly look pretty sparse again.

Also if we do go down, which based on current form and position then Mahrez will surely be gone, and one thing we do know is that Knocky is more than capable of being a matchwinner at that level. Strange decision IMO

Also if we do go down, which based on current form and position then Mahrez will surely be gone, and one thing we do know is that Knocky is more than capable of being a matchwinner at that level. Strange decision IMO

Unless I missed it, he's only going out on loan. That won't affect whether he is with us next season.

Unless I missed it, he's only going out on loan. That won't affect whether he is with us next season.

Yes but given that a side fighting relegation usually wants to retain as many options as possible, loaning him out implies that Pearson doesn't want him and the player is unlikely to want to stick around.

Just to add to the challenges facing the club as we seem to be collecting a fair number of geriatric defenders and some attacking players who will not want to play in the Championship and likely have the necessary get out clauses/ or would be too expensive to keep on. I think the squad would need significant re-building to be serious challengers in the Championsgip next season.

Best thing would be to ask for a miracle to be delivered to the KP....and avoid relegation.

I honestly do not know what the story is here. It was reported, at the beginning of the season that Nigel Pearson did not like stories that Knockaert was using Leicester as a spring board to a "bigger" club.

You can either say that NP is a domineering bully, who will cut his nose off to spite his face, or that he is a principled man who only wants fully committed players. Either way, we all knew that Knockaert had no future at Leicester. Let him go out on loan and, I understand that his contract expires in the summer, let him go to a team where he will be played. What is the point of contention? :102:

Lst thing you need in our position is someone intent on giving the ball away. Absence clearly makes the heart grow fonder as im afraid hes nowhere near this level.

Get the lad some footy and then see.

Lst thing you need in our position is someone intent on giving the ball away. Absence clearly makes the heart grow fonder as im afraid hes nowhere near this level.

Get the lad some footy and then see.
Got to agree with that.

Never forgiven him for the penalty miss at Watford anyway. Just as never forgiven that Kermit guy (who can't stop scoring goals) for the miss at Cardif

I think it's a shame he was never deployed up front, i.e. as a second striker. This was his position at Guingamp, his old club.

Amen to that

Never forgiven him for the penalty miss at Watford anyway.

I wasn't aware that he missed the penalty. I always thought the goalkeeper saved it. Maybe my memory is playing tricks on me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570