Speculation Knockaert to Ipswich

Status
Not open for further replies.
imo you do not get rid of a player who is well capable of coming off the bench in the latter part of games and win us points either by goals, assists getting penalties or putting a free kick into the net another mistake Nigel

But if he's not being played then he's not likely to do any of the above and with his contract ending at the end of the season I suspect that we have seen the last of him in a Leicester shirt regardless of which division we are in.

Bottom line is that he had probably made his mind up to leave at the start of the season so he can go on a free and pick up a nice signing on fee from a new club.

If he's off at the end of the season he wont be going yo a club higher in stature than us.

I'm surprised people have such a positive view of his abilities at this level.

imo you do not get rid of a player who is well capable of coming off the bench in the latter part of games and win us points either by goals, assists getting penalties or putting a free kick into the net another mistake Nigel

Something that he has failed to do in each of his appearances this season.

One of the best players in the League last season and the the thing i find strange is that Schlupp never got a look in last year on the left wing as it was Knocky all season but then this season, it's been the complete opposite. I can appreciate Schlupp's pace can be a big asset but then on the other hand, actually being under control of the ball and having a vague idea what you are going to do with it is just as important.

Has Knocky started any league games other than the first one?

Something that he has failed to do in each of his appearances this season.

And how many of our players that have actually played done the same thing?

Bit harsh levelling the same thing at someone that has barely played.

Out of interest, does anyone know how many goals/assists Mahrez has got this year so far?

One of the best players in the League last season and the the thing i find strange is that Schlupp never got a look in last year on the left wing as it was Knocky all season but then this season, it's been the complete opposite. I can appreciate Schlupp's pace can be a big asset but then on the other hand, actually being under control of the ball and having a vague idea what you are going to do with it is just as important.

Has Knocky started any league games other than the first one?

Aston Villa at home and Stoke at home.

putting a free kick into the net another mistake Nigel

Interesting point, out of curiousity I wonder how many free kicks Knockaert has actually scored as I don't remember him being that clinical from the spot? Sure he scored a few beasties but.... free kicks?

Derby and Fulham? One where their keeper was way off his line and he curled it into top corner.

Could have been more but it's two more than anyone else who plays for us.

Bottom line is that he had probably made his mind up to leave at the start of the season so he can go on a free and pick up a nice signing on fee from a new club.

Wow!!! I'll never mock those 'aliens ate my hamster' conspiracy theories again!

Knockaert probably made himself look bad in training so that he could just collect his wages and not have all the hassle of having to attend games on Saturday. He may well have been found in possession of a machine gun with the express intent of slaughtering the manager, coaches and the board. He is, almost certainly, an agent of Putin sent to destabilise the Capitalist Football Association, giving clubs from the glorious mother country a better chance of winning European trophies! :icon_bigg

Derby and Fulham? One where their keeper was way off his line and he curled it into top corner.

Could have been more but it's two more than anyone else who plays for us.

Sheffield Wednesday? I remember Kirkland was the goalie, if that narrows it down.

Last edited:
Wow!!! I'll never mock those 'aliens ate my hamster' conspiracy theories again!

Knockaert probably made himself look bad in training so that he could just collect his wages and not have all the hassle of having to attend games on Saturday. He may well have been found in possession of a machine gun with the express intent of slaughtering the manager, coaches and the board. He is, almost certainly, an agent of Putin sent to destabilise the Capitalist Football Association, giving clubs from the glorious mother country a better chance of winning European trophies! :icon_bigg
You may not have noticed, but he's out of contract at the end of the season. Hardly the biggest conspiracy theory ever, especially following his reported comments at the start of the season.

Sheffield Wednesday? I remember Kirkland was the goalie, if that narrows it down.

That's the badger! I could just remember it was a night game and it was Fulham the scored the freekick in the game I was thinking of. Karagounis (sp) rocketted one in the top corner and almost lifted the goal out of the ground.

Aston Villa at home and Stoke at home.

Cheers bud.

He's hardly had a lot of chances this year then and I feel to judge him on this year alone is a bit harsh. He would have been one of first names on the teamsheet last year so it's surprising that he's not had more chances but that probably isn't down to ability.

Cheers bud.

He's hardly had a lot of chances this year then and I feel to judge him on this year alone is a bit harsh. He would have been one of first names on the teamsheet last year so it's surprising that he's not had more chances but that probably isn't down to ability.

Indeed. Vardy, Nugent, Morgan, De Laet and Drinkwater have been allowed to play badly for much longer than Knockaert was given a chance to. I know some of them have been dropped now but they got far, far more chances before that happened.

Against Aston Villa at home we started with Knockaert and Albrighton on the flanks. It would have been interesting to see either of them get a run in the team but it's not going to happen now.

Last edited:
he has scored free kicks for us im sure (against Derby and Sheff Wed certainly)

Last edited:
Indeed. Vardy, Nugent, Morgan, De Laet and Drinkwater have been allowed to play badly for much longer than Knockaert was given a chance to. I know some of them have been dropped now but they got far, far more chances before that happened.

Against Aston Villa at home we started with Knockaert and Albrighton on the flanks. It would have been interesting to see either of them get a run in the team but it's not going to happen now.

Agree entirely and the Albrighton situation is even more bizzare seeing as he's had chances and took them well, or at least well enough to merrit another chance, but even he can't make the squad.

It's a tough one to call as it is hard to knock the work rate of others but when it's pretty much a straight choice of ability Vs Work Rate in the case of Knocky & Albrighton Vs Schlupp & Vardy, I'd be favouring ability as we've proven this year that pace alone, is not enough.

EDIT - Well probs more the ability deserves a chance as pace alone hasn't worked much for us this season but has also been an asset for us at times. I'm almost arguing with myself about it now!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570