Speculation Knockaert to Ipswich

Status
Not open for further replies.
Indeed. Vardy, Nugent, Morgan, De Laet and Drinkwater have been allowed to play badly for much longer than Knockaert was given a chance to. I know some of them have been dropped now but they got far, far more chances before that happened..

None of them give the ball away so often and ineptly. Knockaert is a talented player but he's not a team player, irrespective of the occasional tackle back. I actually thought him unworthy of a place last season, let alone this. He used to constantly leave Konchesky exposed at left back.

I actually thought he did better against Villa at home a few weeks back. He's still young enough and technically good enough to become a valuable asset. However, he's nowhere near good enough for the Premier League right now.

As he's out of contract and not showing sufficient signs of improvement, I don't see any sense in trying to keep him. Why on earth would he want to stay anyway?

I agree BN but how many of our squad are anywhere near good enough for the Premier League right now?

We couldn't have done any worse this season if we'd given him a fair chance in the team.

We couldn't have done any worse this season if we'd given him a fair chance in the team.

Of course we could have. Not only does he give possession away constantly, he also does in stupid and dangerous areas. He takes players on in his own half of the pitch, he runs at two or three opponents with no regard for what could happen when he loses possession to one of them. He doesn't hold his position on the pitch leaving large gaps that opponents can exploit.

I used to see Gallagher as a plastic Beckham. He'd strut about the pitch thinking he was a genius with the ball at his feet. He totally failed to do the 'other side' of the game that Beckham always did. The work, the running, the discipline, etc. Knockaert is the same. I think he thinks he's the same as Eden Hazard and makes all the mistakes a sub-standard show pony makes.

We have loads of players that aren't up to the Premier League, but few are actual liabilities. Knockaert is currently one.

Of course we could have. Not only does he give possession away constantly, he also does in stupid and dangerous areas. He takes players on in his own half of the pitch, he runs at two or three opponents with no regard for what could happen when he loses possession to one of them. He doesn't hold his position on the pitch leaving large gaps that opponents can exploit.

I used to see Gallagher as a plastic Beckham. He'd strut about the pitch thinking he was a genius with the ball at his feet. He totally failed to do the 'other side' of the game that Beckham always did. The work, the running, the discipline, etc. Knockaert is the same. I think he thinks he's the same as Eden Hazard and makes all the mistakes a sub-standard show pony makes.

We have loads of players that aren't up to the Premier League, but few are actual liabilities. Knockaert is currently one.
About right. I was a fan of his last year but don't think he's stepped uo yet. Mahrez had a trick of running past two players and then into the third, he was awful for it against Swansea. He appears to have learned and now releases the ball. Knockaert runs into the first man and flails his arms about for a free kick.

About right. I was a fan of his last year but don't think he's stepped uo yet. Mahrez had a trick of running past two players and then into the third, he was awful for it against Swansea. He appears to have learned and now releases the ball. Knockaert runs into the first man and flails his arms about for a free kick.

The only thing that I would say is that we are unlikely to have Mahrez next season. If Leicester have a replacement winger lined up, who they believe will help us to promotion and then adapt to the Premier League, then they are right to release. If not, he would be worth retaining.

The reason Knockaert and Albrighton are not picked is their lack of pace. As the season has ran on, it's become apparent that we simply can't keep the ball therefore we are a counter attacking team. Mahrez and Schlupp get the ball quicker from A to B whereas the other pair simply don't. Knockaert may be actually better in this current formation we are playing as he doesn't have to track back as much as in a 4-4-2. He was an idiot earlier this year with his stepping stone comments and it's bit him. Be interested to see what team takes the punt on him next season.

Re: Knockaert

Amen to that

Mate there are a few players that are way off prem standard, yet they star week in week out! The problem with a lot of fans is that they get confused between ability and effort. TBH Knocky was not given a chance, and it is blatantly obvious he fell out with NP. He is a decent palyer with one hell of an engine room, he has spent most of his time playing out of position here, shame because I think he could have done well for us this season

Please dump Knockaert
He just hasn't got the heart
I've seen how shite he is first hand
'Cos if you dump Knockaert
The show pony froggy tart
We might stay in this league, as planned

Please dump Knockaert
He just hasn't got the heart
I've seen how shite he is first hand
'Cos if you dump Knockaert
The show pony froggy tart
We might stay in this league, as planned

I highly doubt that any of the 3 league games he started in have contributed to our downfall, especially when we won one and drew another.

If anything it's the exact oppostie of what you say, if he started more, we might stay up ;)

I highly doubt that any of the 3 league games he started in have contributed to our downfall, especially when we won one and drew another.

If anything it's the exact oppostie of what you say, if he started more, we might stay up ;)

Well that doesn't scan or rhyme at all :icon_roll

Please try harder in future

Well that doesn't scan or rhyme at all :icon_roll

Please try harder in future

Haha fair enough then H:-

Please keep Knockaert,
we should give him a start,
I just don't think you understand.
That if we start Knockeart,
Homer's an old fart,
We won't do worse than we have done.

Last edited:
You spent time and effort to arrive at the rhyming of understand and done ?

Standards on here have gone right down the shitter

Haha fair enough then H:-

Please keep Knockaert,
we should give him a start,
I just don't think you understand.
That if we start Knockeart,
Homer's an old fart,
We won't do worse than we have done.

Could have ended with 'he should start away at Sunderland'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566